Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,986 Founders Club
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,210
    edited December 2023
    Doogles said:

It's a cool story, but why in hell do players not have 247 access to the facilities?

Probably a liability issue if they're there alone and they get injured.

I should have known better than to reply prior to refreshing my browser.
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,163

Doogles said:

It's a cool story, but why in hell do players not have 247 access to the facilities?

Probably a liability issue if they're there alone and they get injured.

I should have known better than to reply prior to refreshing my browser.
    Then we need to hire a 24/7 chaperone or whatever the fuck check-the-box maneuver is needed to keep it open. If we can do Zoom night classes we can do in-person night workouts.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,566 Swaye's Wigwam
    Doogles said:

Dudes can die fucking up bench press or squats without spotters. Cleans too. Definitely snatches.
  • CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,399 Swaye's Wigwam
    Doogles said:

This sounds like highschool behavior
  • FireTheJanitorFireTheJanitor Member Posts: 1,483
    Anyone dying while lifting weights alone actually just died of mental retardation. Most people don’t think it can kill you, but they’re wrong.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,536 Founders Club

Doogles said:

I would guess it is a liability issue like most things these days
    Looking back, I was so furious at Willingham that some of his players had to work out at 24 Hour Fitness. But maybe it was a situation similar to this and out of Willingham's hands.
  • CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,399 Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

I'm not sure I'd want too many 18-20 year old college kids staggering into a weight room at 2:15 am. My few experiences with football players encountered at that time of night tell me it's bound to create some problems. For anyone who hasn't been in the situation, it's pretty hard to stop three drunk offensive linemen from doing whatever the fuck they want to do. They're no more responsible or rational than your standard drunk, belligerent, almost adult.

Of course that screws the ones who could and would use that time well.

So 24 hour fitness is a safer place for the student to stumble into? This is mom n pop nonsense. Have a the security guards do their rounds through the gym every night or whatever you need to do
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,945 Swaye's Wigwam
    Canadawg said:

chuck said:

I'm not sure I'd want too many 18-20 year old college kids staggering into a weight room at 2:15 am. My few experiences with football players encountered at that time of night tell me it's bound to create some problems. For anyone who hasn't been in the situation, it's pretty hard to stop three drunk offensive linemen from doing whatever the fuck they want to do. They're no more responsible or rational than your standard drunk, belligerent, almost adult.

Of course that screws the ones who could and would use that time well.

So 24 hour fitness is a safer place for the student to stumble into? This is mom n pop nonsense. Have a the security guards do their rounds through the gym every night or whatever you need to do
    I'm not saying it can't or shouldn't be done. It's just not as simple as unlocking the door and giving free reign. These guys aren't all responsible adults looking for adult things to do in the wee hours.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    He plays nasty, dude is out there to take souls