Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Snoop decommits; sells the couch

13»

Comments

• Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,623
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

Bracing for the downvotes and fuck offs.

Good for Snoop.

In the fight to get pot legalized, people touted its benefits and how it was less harmful than other drugs (even nicotine), making people think it’s benign.

But sorry, from a scientific standpoint it’s still a drug, just like caffeine and a whole lot of other things that “aren’t that bad”. And as such, it does have the potential of causing health issues after prolonged use. And maybe that’s why he’s quitting using it. We’re not his doctor.

I understand his need to put out a statement about it since it’s been such a big part of identity, but it’s sad he feels like he has to.

Anyway, respect his decision.

Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m going to bake some brownies.

I didn't call him a fag for quitting. It was for the idiot comment.
    As the OP and others have said, it did read like a college kid’s decommitment post (and those are incredibly lame).

I just will always push back on people saying pot isn’t a big deal. It definitely is LESS of a big deal than Fentanyl or other hard drugs, but it still has consequences. As it’s studied more and legalized in more states (as it should be) we’ll get more information as to how much.

And to be serious for a moment, thank you to all for sharing about their experiences with addictions (or even potential ones).

I’m not into drugs except caffeine, and rarely drink alcohol. BUT I do have problems with carbs/sugar, and being on electronic devices too much. It also wouldn’t shock me if I wasn’t careful, I could develop a gambling problem.

So I have my own issues 😄. We all have our vices.
    I guess it depends how you define "big deal", and how much pot use we're talking about and by whom.

Is it better that the majority of people not use it regularly? Probably. It isn't without undesirable and unhealthy side effects. That doesn't mean that some people aren't better off with it than without. People who don't favor it shouldn't paint with such broad brushes in their criticism.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,930
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

chuck said:

Good for Snoop.

In the fight to get pot legalized, people touted its benefits and how it was less harmful than other drugs (even nicotine), making people think it’s benign.

But sorry, from a scientific standpoint it’s still a drug, just like caffeine and a whole lot of other things that “aren’t that bad”. And as such, it does have the potential of causing health issues after prolonged use. And maybe that’s why he’s quitting using it. We’re not his doctor.

I understand his need to put out a statement about it since it’s been such a big part of identity, but it’s sad he feels like he has to.

As the OP and others have said, it did read like a college kid’s decommitment post (and those are incredibly lame).

I just will always push back on people saying pot isn’t a big deal. It definitely is LESS of a big deal than Fentanyl or other hard drugs, but it still has consequences. As it’s studied more and legalized in more states (as it should be) we’ll get more information as to how much.

And to be serious for a moment, thank you to all for sharing about their experiences with addictions (or even potential ones).

I’m not into drugs except caffeine, and rarely drink alcohol. BUT I do have problems with carbs/sugar, and being on electronic devices too much. It also wouldn’t shock me if I wasn’t careful, I could develop a gambling problem.

I guess it depends how you define "big deal", and how much pot use we're talking about and by whom.

Is it better that the majority of people not use it regularly? Probably. It isn't without undesirable and unhealthy side effects. That doesn't mean that some people aren't better off with it than without. People who don't favor it shouldn't paint with such broad brushes in their criticism.
    Alcohol ruins more lives than weed.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,953
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

chuck said:

Good for Snoop.

Alcohol ruins more lives than weed.
    Alcohol is the ubiquitous wonder drug. Always has been. Always will be.

There’s a reason water into wine was the first miracle.
  • Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    chuck said:

chuck said:

Good for Snoop.

Pot definitely has been a godsend for people going through chemotherapy, certain mental disorders (many take it for anxiety and PTSD) and pain management. There’s also some exciting research finding it might help with weight management.

But before widespread legalization medicinal use for treatment was managed with the help of a trained physician. My concern is now many are starting to self medicate while not being educated to pot’s risks, potential interactions with other medications, and not getting supplemental treatment like physical or talk therapy.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,623
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

chuck said:

Good for Snoop.

Pot definitely has been a godsend for people going through chemotherapy, certain mental disorders (many take it for anxiety and PTSD) and pain management. There’s also some exciting research finding it might help with weight management.

But before widespread legalization medicinal use for treatment was managed with the help of a trained physician. My concern is now many are starting to self medicate while not being educated to pot’s risks, potential interactions with other medications, and not getting supplemental treatment like physical or talk therapy.
    My main concern is with the 18-25 crowd. They're brains aren't even fully developed. While I'm fine with a little experimentation and infrequent, recreational use, kids that age becoming habitual are setting themselves way back...dumbing themselves down and it may be permanent. My 24 y/o was on that path at 17-18 but happily lost interest after he got a good job with a lot of pressure.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,930
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Bahhaahhaa. Certainly sparked some interesting discussions here.
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,548
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Well damn - think I will go have a cigar
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,752
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited December 2023
    LebamDawg said:

Well damn - think I will go have a cigar another drink.

Hell, it's 7:49 a.m. and the day is young. What am I waiting for?