Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Snoop decommits; sells the couch

Comments

• Options
    Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,253
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

"After influencing millions of people to smoke pot, I've decided to quit because it's not healthy, and anyone who continues to smoke it is an idiot."

You gotta love it.

This is a really good point

I was already into the chronic when Snoop and Dre made it a part of pop culture

Young impressionable minds

We had our own musicians in the 20s pimping the devil weed

It's been a blessing and a curse. It is addictive but I've also quit at times. Cigarettes are much harder to leave alone

I pretty much get addicted to everything so moderation is key
    "Jazz Cigarettes"...
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,522
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    FireCohen said:

watch him get lung cancer after giving up smoking

Pretty sure the damage was done about 3 metric tons ago.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,953
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

"After influencing millions of people to smoke pot, I've decided to quit because it's not healthy, and anyone who continues to smoke it is an idiot."

You gotta love it.

It's been a blessing and a curse. It is addictive but I've also quit at times. Cigarettes are much harder to leave alone

Addicted to weed or addicted to the act of getting high?

I’m an addict (recovering, well documented) and I’ve been addicted to oxy, meth, and crack amongst every other drug I used. Physically I need or I get sick type addictions. Never had withdrawals from not waking and baking, only mentally “needed” to roll a blunt.

Weed is a gateway drug in that it gives you this feeling and for some you eventually need a new feeling. It also starts the process of how far am I willing to do things that I was taught or I know to be are wrong. With everything I know and have been through I use the word “drug” with weed lightly. Moderation is not in my vocabulary either.

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,953
    Swaye's Wigwam

I did everything but heroin, and crack and meth hadn't been invented

I like to get high I cannot lie

Weed and wine turn my brain down.

Should I have stayed on and invented the internet?

Water under the bridge

High achievers are addicted to work and money

Everyone addicted to something

One thing we know is no one gets out alive

But if you give me weed, whites and wine, and you show me a good time, I'll be willing.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,623
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I'm not much of an addict. Drank a lot from my early teens through 30s, even early 40s, but never caught the bug that made me feel compelled to drink or where I just did it without thinking. Even a drink or two started making me feel shitty a few years ago and I just kind of quit doing it. I'm on about a one beer every three months or so pace now.

Same went for my other recreational experiments. I never tried anything illegal that wasn't a hallucinogen. Even pain killers after surgeries didn't hold any appeal for me after the first couple. I'd save them for years then toss them. Not bragging. I just consider myself lucky in that regard. Everyone else in my family shows addictive tendencies and my dad was a 6-12 beer per day lush who couldn't even quit when heart disease started killing him.

Tobacco is another story though. That one has my number.
  • Options
    Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,253
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I smoked in HS a little, and in college I smoked late at night to basically stop drinking and chill out, on weekends only. It was 27 years between getting high for me, and I started back up with edibles because I was having trouble sleeping due to needing a hip and knee replacement. It works, and I drink considerably less now.

My chosen profession (college corch/pro scout) put me squarely in the culture of the three C's...Coffee, Copenhagen, Coors Light. Every day. I was fortunate to come out the other side.

As for the other stuff, I was blessed with a gift, in the early 80's...a friend offered coke, and I tried it. He asked me later what I thought, and I said "It is awesome, and I'm never going to do it again", and I haven't.

The few times I've had pain killers, it hasn't gone well at all. About 10 years ago, I had a tooth extracted and they gave me oxy...I hallucinated all night, on half the prescribed dose...

• Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,221
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    More weed for me.

lol
  • Options
    SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited November 2023
    Glad I don’t have to worry about.

Smoke and sniff all that shit whatever up.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    Swaye's Wigwam
    He won’t quit for long. I also think it’s all related with the smoke itself. Snoop didn’t say he was quitting getting high.
  • Options
    SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

He won’t quit for long. I also think it’s all related with the smoke itself. Snoop didn’t say he was quitting getting high.

Just don’t. Don’t have to have it.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,907
    Founders Club
    Fishpo31 said:

I smoked in HS a little, and in college I smoked late at night to basically stop drinking and chill out, on weekends only. It was 27 years between getting high for me, and I started back up with edibles because I was having trouble sleeping due to needing a hip and knee replacement. It works, and I drink considerably less now.

My chosen profession (college corch/pro scout) put me squarely in the culture of the three C's...Coffee, Copenhagen, Coors Light. Every day. I was fortunate to come out the other side.

As for the other stuff, I was blessed with a gift, in the early 80's...a friend offered coke, and I tried it. He asked me later what I thought, and I said "It is awesome, and I'm never going to do it again", and I haven't.

The few times I've had pain killers, it hasn't gone well at all. About 10 years ago, I had a tooth extracted and they gave me oxy...I hallucinated all night, on half the prescribed dose...

I’ve heard this from quite a few people.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,907
    Founders Club

You gotta love it.

Addicted to weed or addicted to the act of getting high?

I’m an addict (recovering, well documented) and I’ve been addicted to oxy, meth, and crack amongst every other drug I used. Physically I need or I get sick type addictions. Never had withdrawals from not waking and baking, only mentally “needed” to roll a blunt.

Weed is a gateway drug in that it gives you this feeling and for some you eventually need a new feeling. It also starts the process of how far am I willing to do things that I was taught or I know to be are wrong. With everything I know and have been through I use the word “drug” with weed lightly. Moderation is not in my vocabulary either.
    If I was a single guy in my mid 40s right now sans children, I'd probably be an alcoholic, albeit a functioning one who shows up to work on time and stays in great shape. Say like 5 or 6 beers a day on school nights and much more on weekends. I fucking LOVE to drink.

But being married with 2 kids provides the necessary motivation to do better and keep the demons at bay. The AAA thing would never work for me, so it's moderation or bust.

Dry Sunday to Thursday seems to be a good compromise for me.
    I once went to a doctor appointment while I was still in the Army. The docs asked how much I drank. At the time, I’d probably drink a 12 pack over the weekend and then Sunday to Thursday, drink a beer or 2 with dinner.

I thought the docs were going to put me into rehab on the spot. They were freaking out, asking all these questions to prove if I was an alcoholic.

CSB
  • Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    chuck said:

Bracing for the downvotes and fuck offs.

Good for Snoop.

In the fight to get pot legalized, people touted its benefits and how it was less harmful than other drugs (even nicotine), making people think it’s benign.

But sorry, from a scientific standpoint it’s still a drug, just like caffeine and a whole lot of other things that “aren’t that bad”. And as such, it does have the potential of causing health issues after prolonged use. And maybe that’s why he’s quitting using it. We’re not his doctor.

I understand his need to put out a statement about it since it’s been such a big part of identity, but it’s sad he feels like he has to.

Anyway, respect his decision.

Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m going to bake some brownies.

I didn't call him a fag for quitting. It was for the idiot comment.
    As the OP and others have said, it did read like a college kid’s decommitment post (and those are incredibly lame).

I just will always push back on people saying pot isn’t a big deal. It definitely is LESS of a big deal than Fentanyl or other hard drugs, but it still has consequences. As it’s studied more and legalized in more states (as it should be) we’ll get more information as to how much.

And to be serious for a moment, thank you to all for sharing about their experiences with addictions (or even potential ones).

I’m not into drugs except caffeine, and rarely drink alcohol. BUT I do have problems with carbs/sugar, and being on electronic devices too much. It also wouldn’t shock me if I wasn’t careful, I could develop a gambling problem.

So I have my own issues 😄. We all have our vices.