Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

How are you buying tickets?

EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,875 Swaye's Wigwam
From what I can tell on Ticketmaster, everything is resale, Rose starts at $350, sugar $450. What are everyone’s plans?

Comments

• BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,117
    edited December 2023
    Only going if it's the Rose Bowl, so 99% not going. Ticketmaster is your overlord for tickets, from what I can tell.
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,379 Swaye's Wigwam

Only going if it's the Rose Bowl, so 99% not going. Ticketmaster is your overlord for tickets, from what I can tell.

I’m only going to consider going to the Rose or the National Championship game. The Sugar Bowl can fuck off.

Again, I liked getting the travel package last time I went to Pasadena. Expensive as fuck, but included GOOD tickets, stayed at the team hotel, transport to and from the stadium. Didn’t have to worry about a thing.

Shit like this is why I can't imagine them shoe horning Washington into the Sugar. Hurts interest in the game.
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,160

I'll go to either, you could put this game in Iran and I wouldn't miss it.

For reference, last year's Rose Bowl tix were $124 the week of Christmas. Obviously this year's game is bigger, but I'm betting that prices will go down, not up, from that current price point of $350.

But we're probably going to the Sugar Bowl anyways. $450 seems really high, but it's hard to know if the capacity difference of 75k for the Superdome vs 92k for the Rose Bowl makes a difference in any of that. Im taking my chances and waiting.

Ok, fair point. This is my first bowl game, so I appreciate the info
    To be clear though, I'm also a slobbering idiot and prices could skyrocket past what they're at right now.

I’m only going to consider going to the Rose or the National Championship game. The Sugar Bowl can fuck off.

Again, I liked getting the travel package last time I went to Pasadena. Expensive as fuck, but included GOOD tickets, stayed at the team hotel, transport to and from the stadium. Didn’t have to worry about a thing.

Shit like this is why I can't imagine them shoe horning Washington into the Sugar. Hurts interest in the game.
    I think UW fans will travel as well as anyone for this. I have plenty of friends who haven't been to a home game in years who have already committed to New Orleans if that's where we go. This is special.
    Hardcore fans? Sure. General public, TV ratings, etc.?

I can't see it doing as well.

Not saying it's some lock don't twist. Just bringing up some of the things that will be considered.
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,160

I think UW fans will travel as well as anyone for this. I have plenty of friends who haven't been to a home game in years who have already committed to New Orleans if that's where we go. This is special.
    Hardcore fans? Sure. General public, TV ratings, etc.?

I can't see it doing as well.

Not saying it's some lock don't twist. Just bringing up some of the things that will be considered.
    Well that's what I'm saying - a lot of casual Dawgs are all in on this. Of course these are anecdotes and a tiny sample size.
    edited December 2023

They care more about TV viewers than the fans traveling. They don’t care if the UW contingency has to endure a Planes, Trains and Automobile type journey to get there. They know they’ll get the same numbers either way.
    It will be a sellout regardless. They do actually consider travel and geography though.

Punishing UW with a cross country trip to play a lower seed at home? Yeah, that's shit, which is why they may do it.

But seriously, we do have geography/travel and tradition on our? Side.

TV numbers are probably in the driver seat,Rose UW/#3 seeds possible and a Sugar Michigan/ #4 seeds possible makes the most sense to those eyeballs imo.

Proof in hand, yadee yada.
  • whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,589 Standard Supporter
    edited December 2023
    I’ll wait to see what prices look like later. Not worried. Think I bought my Peach Bowl ticket the week of.

Plane tix to all 3 sites are acquired.
    Might take the family to New Orleans for a couple of days if we’re sent there.
  • Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,167

Mad_Son said:

I only have one game in me right now so I'm going to Houston.

Fair poont. If it's the Sugar I'll probably go to Houston and try and make work pay for my plane and accommodations.

Face to face meetings are valuable right?
    I'm not being facetious even when I say invaluable.
    Mad_Son said:

Mad_Son said:

I only have one game in me right now so I'm going to Houston.

Fair poont. If it's the Sugar I'll probably go to Houston and try and make work pay for my plane and accommodations.

Face to face meetings are valuable right?
    I'm not being facetious even when I say invaluable.
    In some cases, like sales and business development, sure.

I've been "working remotely" with teams since before 2010 all over the world.

It's not really that valuable to make a bunch of introverts sit in a room together and feel awkward for an hour for a lot of other work.

Still, I will pitch it to work that it's very valuable!
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,723 Swaye's Wigwam
    Sugar bowl vs TexASS would be a tough pull logistically compared to long horn fans.