Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

P12 Championship line going up

12346»

Comments

• Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,350
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    bisonduck said:

bisonduck said:

Bama made the playoffs twice by not being in the CCG

If UW played Arizona Oregon would be sitting pretty with the eye test as the best one loss team

That is a very unlikely scenario.
    No it isn't
    There is a chance we don't make it without the win over UW - it's slim. We would absolutely get jumped with the current resume.
    Huh? Oregon absolutely will not make it in with a loss to UW.

ATBS, I understand that the definition of a "loss" is different for the ducks. (Just not for everybody else.)
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,516
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    TheHB said:

bisonduck said:

bisonduck said:

If UW played Arizona Oregon would be sitting pretty with the eye test as the best one loss team

No it isn't
    There is a chance we don't make it without the win over UW - it's slim. We would absolutely get jumped with the current resume.

ATBS, I understand that the definition of a "loss" is different for the ducks. (Just not for everybody else.)
    I think he meant if it was still north v south in Vegas and Oregon was sitting at home at 11-1
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    ntxduck said:

TheHB said:

bisonduck said:

bisonduck said:

No it isn't

I think he meant if it was still north v south in Vegas and Oregon was sitting at home at 11-1
    Thanks. I don't speak bisonduck.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

ntxduck said:

Why will there still even be conference championship games with a 12 team playoff?

$$$$$$$$$$
    Only way to determine a champ with 20 team leagues
    Or your champion is the team with the best record at the end of the season. Seemed to have worked fine for a hundred years.

College is going to end up with a 16 game schedule for teams in the playoffs. Beyond stupid. It's not supposed to be the same as the NFL.
    It is the NFL now if you haven’t been paying attention. The only difference is there’s no salary cap and much more relaxed free agency.

But think about the Kids damnit.

• Options
    bisonduckbisonduck Member Posts: 714
    5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    edited December 2023
    TheHB said:

bisonduck said:

bisonduck said:

No it isn't

There is a chance we don't make it with the win over UW - it's slim. We would absolutely get jumped with the current resume and no championship win.

Edited
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2023
    bisonduck said:

TheHB said:

bisonduck said:

bisonduck said:

No it isn't

There is a chance we don't make it with the win over UW - it's slim. We would absolutely get jumped with the current resume and no championship win

Edited
    You? would get in if you beat UW.
  • Options
    TheHB said:

bisonduck said:

TheHB said:

bisonduck said:

bisonduck said:

No it isn't

There is a chance we don't make it with the win over UW - it's slim. We would absolutely get jumped with the current resume and no championship win

Edited
    You? will get in if you beat UW.
    I think so. There is a chaos scenario where Bama throttles Georgia that would be concerning.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    bisonduck said:

TheHB said:

bisonduck said:

TheHB said:

bisonduck said:

bisonduck said:

No it isn't

Edited
    I think so. There is a chaos scenario where Bama throttles Georgia that would be concerning.
    A lot of talk about chaos scenarios, but there are few experts out there who aren't on the Oregon bandwagon.
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    TheHB said:

bisonduck said:

TheHB said:

bisonduck said:

TheHB said:

bisonduck said:

bisonduck said:

No it isn't

Edited
    A lot of talk about chaos scenarios, but there are few experts out there who aren't on the Oregon bandwagon.
    How these last games play out matters. Ohio St beating Wisconsin by some outrageous amount had a lasting effect in the Urban era.