Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Penix & wr speculation

Comments

• Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,599
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    It has to be rep related. There is no way you become this out of sync after playing this much ball together. His reps have to be limited during the week.

If we believe this coaching staff plays four D chess we are going to see a different scheme this week.

We will be getting Jackson back and I firmly believe we will get more Bernard play on Friday.

Huff is going to challenge the shit out of the line this week.

TheHB said:

The point Gatorz made is a good one. If his ribs are hurt, why doesn’t the game plan reflect it?

Does anyone remember fall camp and Penix taking a week off from practice because of “arm fatigue”? Maybe his arm just isn’t right and they are sitting him at practice in hopes that it will liven up for game days. The receivers are running the routes to where Morris or Mack are throwing them and Mikes throwing them where he thinks they should be. Timing is all off. Just a guess.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

whlinder said:

So, we all assume 2016 Brownsox got dinged up against Cal (I think?) and never put up the same passing splits. Which from a numbers perspective is true, he had a clear delineation from elite numbers back to just good.

Penix seems to have had the same occur with his splits before and after Oregon.

Brownsox never got right of course, even with a month off before the Peach Bowl.

Legend has it Browning was hurt on this play against Boovbers.
    I remember this happening right in front of me and my dad and I groaning that we sure were glad our Heisman candidate QB may have just destroyed his shoulder for an extra yard for a TD in a game they know they will win by at least 20.
    I hadn't look at that since it happened. He takes a hit on his throwing shoulder hard enough to spin a full 180.
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,741
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    it’s possible he was concussed or close to it when he was sticking his head in the dark. he plays the biggest in the big moments so let’s see what happens
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Must work on making the throws easier and letting the wr’s make plays.

Hard to be a consistent offense when your go to plays are the highest degree of difficulty throws.

Back-shoulder fades, slot fades, cross field outs. Most NFL QBs wouldn't be asked to make these at the rate we call them. And I think it's partly Mike's fault too, it's what he feels comfortable checking into when they don't feel comfortable running the ball.

It's just not sustainable every game. Gameplan better.

• Options
    bisonduckbisonduck Member Posts: 714
    5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    jecornel said:

Must work on making the throws easier and letting the wr’s make plays.

Hard to be a consistent offense when your go to plays are the highest degree of difficulty throws.

Back-shoulder fades, slot fades, cross field outs. Most NFL QBs wouldn't be asked to make these at the rate we call them. And I think it's partly Mike's fault too, it's what he feels comfortable checking into when they don't feel comfortable running the ball.

It's just not sustainable every game. Gameplan better.

Watch out because average depth of target might get criticized.

You can’t make all the people happy all the tim.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    I don’t think they adjust at all. Grubb and co will push down field matter the defensive look. It’s just what they do.
  • Options
    Seven_ElevenSeven_Eleven Member Posts: 109
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Yeah, this idea that they are going to come out with a different gameplan than the one that has gone 12-0 is all kinds of fucking stupid. And if they did change it up and lost, Deboer would be getting the Cristobal treatment (rightfully so) in the media.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Yeah, this idea that they are going to come out with a different gameplan than the one that has gone 12-0 is all kinds of fucking stupid. And if they did change it up and lost, Deboer would be getting the Cristobal treatment (rightfully so) in the media.

I'm going to assume that their game plan is a little more involved than "well we're 12-0, roll the same shit out". They scored 22 and 24 points against two mediocre secondaries, and you know that is driving them up a fucking wall. I'm pretty confident that our 23-2 coaching staff knows how to review game film, pinpoint what didn't work (which we here have pointed out ad nauseum), and put changes in place to fix that shit. If they didn't they wouldn't be 23-2.
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,478
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

It's fucking Seattle. The media wouldn't say a fucking word.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,406
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

said this before, will say it again, take the needle, play the game.

I've seen Dylan Morris and Dylan Morris is no Mox