Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

We will be podding at 9am

2»

Comments

• FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    Is the infatuation with Grubb over? some folks seemed to want to crown his ass?

• 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,540 Swaye's Wigwam

Why don’t we throw slants, RB wheel routes, TE hooks, etc.

Why do we keep throwing crazy ass go routes and sideline passes into full coverage while simultaneously not being able to hit the broadside of a barn?

Our opponents know we are doing it.

I made that same observation. I believe the Cougs threw exactly one incomplete slant pass the whole game. Hit the receiver right in the hands, and he dropped it. Would have been an easy first down. Again.

It's really three questions:

1.) Why is it SO easy to complete simple slant passes against our defense?
    2.) Why isn't every opponent just throwing 30 of them per game until Washington gets out of position to stop it?
    3.) Why are slant passes free money for every other team but Washington can't take advantage of this apparent cheat code? Is it a "can't" or "won't" situation?
  • EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,919 Swaye's Wigwam
    How many years is it going to sting Cuog that they lost their last game in a power 5 conference to UW going undefeated? Or, will they move on quickly, clinging to the moral victory that if they’d stopped the Fuskies on 4th down, they would have certainly won?
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,540 Swaye's Wigwam
    Now my own question/observation:

The consensus at Hardcore Husky is that Chris Petersen's offense sucked and watching it was like holding your eyes open while taking a blast of rusty roofing nails to the face.

The criticisms of Chris Petersen's offense:

1.) So many motions and shifts is confusing and time consuming and takes the offense out of rhythm.
    2.) Ignores the middle of the field and throws nothing but safe sideline routes.
    3.) Abandons the run too early.
    4.) Does not scheme players open.
    5.) Only worked for one year because of a pair of elite receivers and a stud running back and NFL tight ends.
    6.) Runs extremely frustrating trick plays that go for minimal or negative yardage even when the offense is working or playing against an overmatched opponent. Like running a reverse on the opening play of the Apple Cup, for instance. Or reverse pass two point conversion.

I mean, I doubt I need to even ask the question at this point, but it sure looks to me like I'm watching Petersen's offense with a bunch of NFL guys, and what we're seeing now is what it looks like when those NFL guys aren't at their best. Most of these guys are leaving after this year, so are we going to have a @FireDeBoer handle on the board beating his chest in three or four years while UW faces an $80 million buyout?
  • SonnyShackelfordSonnyShackelford Member Posts: 948
    Is Florida boy Penix going to come out of his shell in warm Allegiant Stadium? First game since SC that’s not cold wet or windy
  • HuskyFanInBCHuskyFanInBC Member Posts: 6
    Penix's body language in general yesterday was not great. More specifically, on incomplete passes to Polk and others, the vibes were particularly not good. It continues to baffle me how we can have an offense with so much talent, yet we putter along scoring, for example, only 24 points versus the Cougs.

So: I can see a scenario where our shitty offensive execution continues to be our achilles heal next week and we look frustratingly lame versus Oregon. On the other hand, I can also see a scenario where--with a 12-0 record accomplished and the regular season behind us--the Pac-12 Championship Game marks a new chapter where we are freed up just to go out and play (it also maybe helps specifically that Giles will be back in the offense and that McMillan is starting to contribute).

Which scenario do you think is more likely for Friday's game? Why?
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,825 Swaye's Wigwam
    biak1 said:

Least valuable players of the season?

Elijah Jackson
    The punter guy
    ASA

Based on this year only I’d swap dom for Asa.