Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Duck Fans Feeling Confident

Comments

• Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    dnc said:

bisonduck said:

dnc said:

bisonduck said:

dnc said:

bisonduck said:

EwaDawg said:

Canadawg said:

bisonduck said:

Sources said:

bisonduck said:

TheHB said:

bisonduck said:

FireCohen said:

So Oregon did not lose they just ran out of time both times

I am not sure why people cannot tip the cap to Penix in that game and UW's defense for coming up strong in that game.

I also cannot understand why UW fans have this persecution complex about Oregon fans and nation media confidence in a rematch. It's clear that UW has regressed and Oregon progressed. That's not to say that UW is going to get punked but the spread looks like it would be -7.5 in a rematch in Vegas. It might even be more after the Oregon State game.

These ideas are not mutually exclusive.
    Disagree that it's clear UW has regressed. UW has played a difficult schedule, and I would say its defense is better prepared today than it was when it played Oregon. The offense is fine. Running game is better today than it was when UW played Oregon. Passing game is still strong, as well.

The "persecution" you speak of is all about the fact that Oregon fans and national media are so certain about this regression. I really hope the duck team thinks UW has regressed. In reality, the team is much tougher and battle-tested than it was the first time the teams played.

It's one thing to win a bunch of games 50-14, which is nice. But the first time you find yourself down a few points, that's when the strong find out what they're all about. Ducks didn't handle it well the last time. UW has.

If the spread is -7.5 in favor of Oregon, that's easy money for UW.
    Our league isn't good outside of UW and Oregon. How is your schedule any harder? Sure, you got Arizona vs Colorado before our first game.

You are not more battle tested. You just have played close games that shouldn't have been close.
    Beav and Arizona (both on the road) vs Colorado and WSU (both at home for duckies)

So, this battle tested theory is based on a playing OSU at home vs away since our last game. You got Arizona before our last game and when they didn't look as strong.
    UW is literally #1 in SOR. Possibly the most retarded take I've ever heard
    Yep. Even for BisonDuck that was fucking stupid.
    Oregon is nine and your SOR will look worse after Oregon smashes some Beavlet.

#battletested
    We beat both of those teams, the result of that game will have literally zero impact on our strength of record.

Do you have any clue how any of this works?
    Oregon hasn’t dipshit. My point wasn’t that yours will dip but the gap will narrow.

My argument is we’ve had almost the exact schedule and even more so after we played last.
    Sincerely "your SOR will look worse after Oregon smashes some Beavlet."

Try again dipshit.
    Explain to me how it doesn’t weaken your record when there aren’t as many potential losses on your schedule?
    So much for "My point wasn't that yours will dip but the gap will narrow".

You actually are retarded enough to think Oregon blasting Oregon State would hurt our SOR.

The inputs are the same either way. The game will add a victory in our SOR and a loss in our SOR. Just like every other team's SOR when two teams they beat play one another. Our SOR will be exactly the same whether you blast Oregon State or Oregon State plungers you or you win a close one or you miss a FG as time expires to beat Oregon State 33-36. The result of the game is completely irrelevant to our SOR.

You clearly don't know how SOR works or you wouldn't have suggested it would, then backtracked, then tried to act like it would again.
    Ok yeah but what @bisonduck really meant to say is that the gap will narrow once Oregon's SOR improves!
  • Options
    bisonduckbisonduck Member Posts: 714
    5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    dnc said:

bisonduck said:

dnc said:

bisonduck said:

dnc said:

bisonduck said:

EwaDawg said:

Canadawg said:

bisonduck said:

Sources said:

bisonduck said:

TheHB said:

bisonduck said:

FireCohen said:

I am not sure why people cannot tip the cap to Penix in that game and UW's defense for coming up strong in that game.

I also cannot understand why UW fans have this persecution complex about Oregon fans and nation media confidence in a rematch. It's clear that UW has regressed and Oregon progressed. That's not to say that UW is going to get punked but the spread looks like it would be -7.5 in a rematch in Vegas. It might even be more after the Oregon State game.

Disagree that it's clear UW has regressed. UW has played a difficult schedule, and I would say its defense is better prepared today than it was when it played Oregon. The offense is fine. Running game is better today than it was when UW played Oregon. Passing game is still strong, as well.

The "persecution" you speak of is all about the fact that Oregon fans and national media are so certain about this regression. I really hope the duck team thinks UW has regressed. In reality, the team is much tougher and battle-tested than it was the first time the teams played.

It's one thing to win a bunch of games 50-14, which is nice. But the first time you find yourself down a few points, that's when the strong find out what they're all about. Ducks didn't handle it well the last time. UW has.

Our league isn't good outside of UW and Oregon. How is your schedule any harder? Sure, you got Arizona vs Colorado before our first game.

You are not more battle tested. You just have played close games that shouldn't have been close.
    Beav and Arizona (both on the road) vs Colorado and WSU (both at home for duckies)

So, this battle tested theory is based on a playing OSU at home vs away since our last game. You got Arizona before our last game and when they didn't look as strong.

#battletested
    We beat both of those teams, the result of that game will have literally zero impact on our strength of record.

Oregon hasn’t dipshit. My point wasn’t that yours will dip but the gap will narrow.

My argument is we’ve had almost the exact schedule and even more so after we played last.

Try again dipshit.
    Explain to me how it doesn’t weaken your record when there aren’t as many potential losses on your schedule?

Watch ASU pull a rabbit out of the hat too.
    I see you edited in another stupid statement.

We beat both of those teams too.

Next time don't discuss metrics you clearly don't understand.
    I read the metric. It’s the probability that another team in the top 25 team would have the same record.

Firstly, the Beavers losing changes the top 25. You’re acting like all else is equal. It changes the entire composite.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    The only Pac12 rivalry game this weekend that could affect UW's SOR is Colorado-Utah since UW didn't play Colorado but did play Utah. If Utah wins that's good for us, if Colorado wins it's bad for us.

The only other Pac12 related game that matters for UW is ND-Stanford so UW's SOR will almost assuredly take a small hit from that game. As will Oregon's.
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    At this point in the season SOR for undefeated teams is almost locked in because the vast majority of everyone's opponents are playing other teams they have already beaten. There are some small conference game variations (like ND-Stanford and Utah-Colorado for UW) and obviously the non conference opponents are unlikely to be playing someone you already beat.

The only thing that can drastically affect the SOR of UW, Ohio State, Michigan, Georgia and FSU at this point vis a vis one another is taking an L. The vast vast majority of the data is already baked in at this point.

Edit: I left out one thing - a significant win can still affect things. The winner of Ohio State Michigan will get a nice bump. The others don't face anyone this weekend that's significant enough to give them a bump. And the conference championship games will mostly wash out, though the B1G champ will get less of a bump than the others if it's Michigan/Ohio State.
  • Options
    LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,756
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    dnc said:

At this point in the season SOR for undefeated teams is almost locked in because the vast majority of everyone's opponents are playing other teams they have already beaten. There are some small conference game variations (like ND-Stanford and Utah-Colorado for UW) and obviously the non conference opponents are unlikely to be playing someone you already beat.

The only thing that can drastically affect the SOR of UW, Ohio State, Michigan, Georgia and FSU at this point vis a vis one another is taking an L. The vast vast majority of the data is already baked in at this point.

You might need to explain this to him again after he posts 3 more times on the issue.
  • Options
    dnc said:

bisonduck said:

dnc said:

bisonduck said:

dnc said:

bisonduck said:

dnc said:

bisonduck said:

EwaDawg said:

Canadawg said:

bisonduck said:

Sources said:

bisonduck said:

TheHB said:

bisonduck said:

FireCohen said:

#battletested

Try again dipshit.

I read the metric. It’s the probability that another team in the top 25 team would have the same record.

Firstly, the Beavers losing changes the top 25. You’re acting like all else is equal. It changes the entire composite.
    And the win over Oregon gets that much stronger. Or if Beav wins the Oregon W takes a hit but the Beav W gets stronger. The overall impact of the game in our SOR is the same regardless of the specifics of what happens in the game, because, and I'll type it slowly this time....

we

beat

both

of

those

teams.
    Again, I still don't understand the value of the metric if the probability changes 1 to 1. I would think that top heavy teams losing increases the probability of another top 25 outside of our league going through the the league unscathed. I would think that Arizona State going to 4 wins and Arizona not getting win 9 does not have a 1-to-1 effect.
  • Options
    The PAC 12 looked really top heavy and not so much as the season goes along. I mean maybe Oregon going from 10 to 11 is weighted the most?
  • Options
    bisonduck said:

dnc said:

bisonduck said:

dnc said:

bisonduck said:

dnc said:

bisonduck said:

dnc said:

bisonduck said:

EwaDawg said:

Canadawg said:

bisonduck said:

Sources said:

bisonduck said:

TheHB said:

bisonduck said:

FireCohen said:

#battletested

Try again dipshit.

And the win over Oregon gets that much stronger. Or if Beav wins the Oregon W takes a hit but the Beav W gets stronger. The overall impact of the game in our SOR is the same regardless of the specifics of what happens in the game, because, and I'll type it slowly this time....

we

beat

both

of

those

teams.
    Again, I still don't understand the value of the metric if the probability changes 1 to 1. I would think that top heavy teams losing increases the probability of another top 25 outside of our league going through the the league unscathed. I would think that Arizona State going to 4 wins and Arizona not getting win 9 does not have a 1-to-1 effect.
    If that's your reasoning why would you think Oregon beating Oregon State would be bad for us? The better team winning would be advantageous, not a negative.
  • Options
    dnc said:

bisonduck said:

dnc said:

bisonduck said:

dnc said:

bisonduck said:

dnc said:

bisonduck said:

dnc said:

bisonduck said:

EwaDawg said:

Canadawg said:

bisonduck said:

Sources said:

bisonduck said:

TheHB said:

bisonduck said:

FireCohen said:

#battletested

Try again dipshit.

we

beat

both

of

those

teams.
    If that's your reasoning why would you think Oregon beating Oregon State would be bad for us? The better team winning would be advantageous, not a negative.
    10-2 and 9-3 is more difficult than 11-1 and 8-4.
  • Options
    bisonduck said:

dnc said:

bisonduck said:

dnc said:

bisonduck said:

dnc said:

bisonduck said:

dnc said:

bisonduck said:

dnc said:

bisonduck said:

EwaDawg said:

Canadawg said:

bisonduck said:

Sources said:

bisonduck said:

TheHB said:

bisonduck said:

FireCohen said:

#battletested

Try again dipshit.

we

beat

both

of

those

teams.
    Based on?
  • Options
    dnc said:

bisonduck said:

dnc said:

bisonduck said:

dnc said:

bisonduck said:

dnc said:

bisonduck said:

dnc said:

bisonduck said:

dnc said:

bisonduck said:

EwaDawg said:

Canadawg said:

bisonduck said:

Sources said:

bisonduck said:

TheHB said:

bisonduck said:

FireCohen said:

#battletested

Try again dipshit.

we

beat

both

of

those

teams.
    Based on?
    I would think that the jump from 8 to 9 would be weighted more than the jump from 10 to 11. Weighting would be the highest from 7-10.
  • Options
    bisonduck said:

dnc said:

bisonduck said:

dnc said:

bisonduck said:

dnc said:

bisonduck said:

dnc said:

bisonduck said:

dnc said:

bisonduck said:

dnc said:

bisonduck said:

EwaDawg said:

Canadawg said:

bisonduck said:

Sources said:

bisonduck said:

TheHB said:

bisonduck said:

FireCohen said:

#battletested

Try again dipshit.

we

beat

both

of

those

teams.
    Based on?
    I would think that the jump from 8 to 9 would be weighted more than the jump from 10 to 11. Weighting would be the highest from 7-10.
    I don't see any reason that would be the case