Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

allegedly

Comments

• Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,901
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Gladstone said:

Most of you are massive pussies and I am legitimately, unironically disappointed lol. See ya'll in Vegas.

Will this fit on a cup?
  • Options
    Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,250
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

The problem is BONEM. This season can still go tits up until I wake up Dec 2nd. Its nice to be happy with the current situation, but nobody wants to celebrate early and drop the ball on the two yard line

I'm already nervous about how nervous I'll be next week

#metoo…I missed the last defensive stop of beav, out walking the dog while muttering “Well, it was fun while it lasted”. I didn’t know “we” won until getting a text from my original bff (a beav) with congrats …I think there is something wrong with me…
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Gladstone said:

I defended this place for years upon years about this exact thing. Countless doogs would talk shit about how everyone was just miserable in general at HH and would never be satisfied with UW football. I would laugh and then talk about how it's simply about being WASHINGTON, smoking weed and talking shit as is our Dobie-given right.

It has been absolutely wild to be proven wrong, at least to a small degree. I never in a hundred years would have predicted how sniveling, like...and I can't believe I am typing this... ~ 50%? of the posters here are. Still whining about the softest of shit. We're 11 and fucking 0 lmao. Jimmy Lake was two years ago. I dreamed and longed for seasons like this through the darkest of football years, and that was without living through any previous greatness to hold me over (Tui senior year notwithstanding). I still have an intense nostalgia and appreciation for this place though, so don't twist. This comes from a place of negadawg love.

Most of you are massive pussies and I am legitimately, unironically disappointed lol. See ya'll in Vegas.

you should post more, you forgot what hell hole HH is
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,617
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Fishpo31 said:

The problem is BONEM. This season can still go tits up until I wake up Dec 2nd. Its nice to be happy with the current situation, but nobody wants to celebrate early and drop the ball on the two yard line

#metoo…I missed the last defensive stop of beav, out walking the dog while muttering “Well, it was fun while it lasted”. I didn’t know “we” won until getting a text from my original bff (a beav) with congrats …I think there is something wrong with me…
    I was hanging out at my GFs house, planning to watch the recording when I got home at around 10. Instead my friend in Eugene texts me at 8:36 with a "Whew! Barely enough".

Fucking short texts where the whole thing pops up in the notification are the bane of those of us who record games. I read it before my brain kicked into gear.

That made it a pretty relaxing thing to watch late that night though.
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,741
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    whlinder said:

I'm trying. It's hard.

I want to believe this team has that mystical winning quality that transcends the rational like the 2000 Huskies or 2019 Nationals (hi @WilburHooksHands!) or, fuck, our* 1936 rowing team, but every game I swear Lucy is going to yank the football away.

Trust issues.

The 2019 nats had insane pitching
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,741
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

The 2016 Bama defense that killed Washington got worked by DeShaun Watson and lost

Georgia needed a shoot out to beat Ohio State last year

These days offense wins

Climate controlled domes after the apple cup or maybe the sunny Rose Bowl

this. somebody, if not a few playoff teams give up 40, 50 plus every year. Often times it’s the same game.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,836
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    It feels like the team is on borrowed time since Pac 12 play began. The 2016 team was more fun because we had been bad or mediocre for 15 years or so. People forget we were ranked once between 2002 and 2015. That defense was really good.

It took until this year to get over the Griz hangover. Part of it is all the corporate t.v. greed, NIL shit, and me first transferring. Gradually I've become more and more disengaged with college football. That's a national issue, not a Husky issue. There was some of that seven years ago, but there was no portal and Keaton Slovis transferring 17 times.
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,273
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter

whlinder said:

I'm trying. It's hard.

I want to believe this team has that mystical winning quality that transcends the rational like the 2000 Huskies or 2019 Nationals (hi @WilburHooksHands!) or, fuck, our* 1936 rowing team, but every game I swear Lucy is going to yank the football away.

Trust issues.

The 2019 nats had insane pitching
    Indeed, and won 5 elimination games, 3 while losing by multiple runs with less than 9 outs to go. And of course were 19-31 in May.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,237
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Was ready to full doog after beating Oregon and then this team has made my blood pressure peak every week. I'm ready to believe these are some doogs of destiny but man they've made it difficult each week since that game. I expect them to roll the cuog but they'll win 30-24 the way the season has gone.

The team definitely has room for improvement but so does every team this year including Georgia.

We? Have a shot 11 games in and the season for once isn't over. Fuck it, I'm enjoying it.
  • Options
    SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Blayen said:

I've learned a lot of important lessons as a husky fan over the last few decades from those much more intelligent and wise than I.

I learned that holes of winlessness are insurmountable and can be used as an excuse for everything by the subsequent coach.
    I learned that average coaches deserve a fourth year because stability with the wrong coach is always better than changing to get the right one.
    I learned that local media only reports on a coaches alcoholic shenanigans after they are fired, because access is always better than actual reporting.
    I learned that hiring a failed coach as a PR move to show how unracist you are is better than winning, even if that means going winless in his 4th year. At least the local NFL running back was happy.
    I learned that spontaneous push ups are superior to an actual resume, and that impressive interviews are more important than actual experience when selecting coaches.
    I learned that cupcakes are very bad for some teams, but just fine for others.

But most importantly, I learned that 0-11 the right way is always better than 11-0 the wrong way.

I think this year has been amazing, and have enjoyed it immensely. But given our history I understand those who point out the holes, or who are nervous about having a small window of opportunity being lost.

I tried to read that diatribe, really without my southern, SEC glasses on.

Horrible. I hope you ain’t serious.

I’ll wait…
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,867
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Gladstone said:

Will this fit on a cup?

• Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,867
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    chuck said:

Fishpo31 said:

I was hanging out at my GFs house, planning to watch the recording when I got home at around 10. Instead my friend in Eugene texts me at 8:36 with a "Whew! Barely enough".

Fucking short texts where the whole thing pops up in the notification are the bane of those of us who record games. I read it before my brain kicked into gear.

That made it a pretty relaxing thing to watch late that night though.
    I usually watch on delay and put my phone facedown but I’ve had a couple moments checking the time on my phone and seeing a text from someone, reading part of it and freaking out.

I really need to turn off the text notifications during games.