Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Apple Cup

Comments

• Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,924
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    pawz said:

TheHB said:

Oregon is UW’s rival.

That’s it. That’s all there needs to be.

Disagree. Its been fun and memorable over the years.

And it’s always fun to pick on little brother.

Thanks Pawz!
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,806
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

pawz said:

TheHB said:

Oregon is UW’s rival.

Thanks Pawz!
    Thanks Nacho!

• Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,265
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Fishpo31 said:

I don't get it...maybe because I'm a Jack Doog. There is a lot of talk about Cuog obsessing over UW (deserved, and true), but there appears to be some obsession over "little brother"...They are a historical, traditional rival that we have the upper hand on to date, and always will. They know they are little bro, and anyone who is a little bro loves nothing more than getting under big bro's skin.

The AC has always been an event, rife with passion, shit talking between co-workers, friends, families...It is intense, and it is fun. That's not happening with Purdue, or Northwestern, or Wisky, or anyone else in the B1G...I don't know about y'all, but I have a hell of a lot more interest going forward with the AC, as opposed to non-conference games with San Jose State, Tulsa, Nevada (Chris Tormey alert!), Georgia State...et.al.

I was talking to someone today about Thanksgiving football, and it really pisses me off that Texas and aTm no longer play on Thanksgiving, because aTm bitched out when they went to the SEC. They are rivals, rivals who haven't played each other for years...

Wherever the Cuog end up, I hope they kick ass, and I hope the Dawgs kick their ass, every year, Montlake, Lumen, Pullman, or fucking Ellensburg...same as it ever was

Unfortunately we need to stop romanticizing the past. Cross state rivalries meant something when college football was a regional sport.

Despite what I’ve said in group chats and on message boards, I don’t take any joy in the Apple Cup winding down. Being one of the few Husky fans in my Eastern Washington hometown, I grew up around the Coug shit talk. It was fun when there was more parity between the schools.

But UW and other west coast schools kept sacrificing what was best for them on the altar of maintaining tradition for far too long, which enabled the SEC and B1G to jump ahead while the Pac 12 slowly bled out.
    Bama still plays Chattanooga. The Big has plenty of irrelevant programs that start with i. I don't think keeping the cuog is what held the Pac 12 back.

If anything, leadership at places like Washington upper campus and Stanford etc. Held the conference back. Wazzu was on board with going full game day faggotry to stay relevant.
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,353
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    pawz said:

TheHB said:

Oregon is UW’s rival.

I can go with that. I just wouldn't call WSU a rival. Technically, maybe. But in reality, a rival should be someone you have some respect for -- and someone that has a good chance of beating your ass.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,459
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I've never liked the Apple Cup

Ever
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,265
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2023
    chuck said:

Fishpo31 said:

I don't get it...maybe because I'm a Jack Doog. There is a lot of talk about Cuog obsessing over UW (deserved, and true), but there appears to be some obsession over "little brother"...They are a historical, traditional rival that we have the upper hand on to date, and always will. They know they are little bro, and anyone who is a little bro loves nothing more than getting under big bro's skin.

The AC has always been an event, rife with passion, shit talking between co-workers, friends, families...It is intense, and it is fun. That's not happening with Purdue, or Northwestern, or Wisky, or anyone else in the B1G...I don't know about y'all, but I have a hell of a lot more interest going forward with the AC, as opposed to non-conference games with San Jose State, Tulsa, Nevada (Chris Tormey alert!), Georgia State...et.al.

I was talking to someone today about Thanksgiving football, and it really pisses me off that Texas and aTm no longer play on Thanksgiving, because aTm bitched out when they went to the SEC. They are rivals, rivals who haven't played each other for years...

Wherever the Cuog end up, I hope they kick ass, and I hope the Dawgs kick their ass, every year, Montlake, Lumen, Pullman, or fucking Ellensburg...same as it ever was

Definitely the part about playing cuog being more interesting than all the other fbs bullshit we schedule OOC on a regular basis.

The attendance numbers alone are probably going to be higher than plenty of the conference games with shitty Big dreck. Higher ratings too. House money.

Some of the people protesting an obvious easy win for us? Are acting like jilted lovers bc of cuog shit talk. Act like Big brother already. Acting bitter about the break up is for the ugly girl left crying at home.
    Guilty as charged. Cuog tears have annoyed me to the point where I wanted UW to tell them to fuck off, die, and be a cheap funeral.
    That's the hilarious part, these people would be happy if the AC died on their bitter Betty tears. "I never want to talk to you again Chad!"

Nah, you're going to keep replying to our 2am "You up?" Texts bc you have no other options Betty. You're going to be driving over to our place and leaving quietly when we are done too.

We? don't even need to pretend this is anything but a convenient arrangement for us from now on. Cry all you want on your way home about how this is the last time you'll let yourself be used, we'll be laughing with our friends in the morning about slumming it once again.
  • Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,970
    5 Up Votes Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

chuck said:

Fishpo31 said:

Definitely the part about playing cuog being more interesting than all the other fbs bullshit we schedule OOC on a regular basis.

The attendance numbers alone are probably going to be higher than plenty of the conference games with shitty Big dreck. Higher ratings too. House money.

Some of the people protesting an obvious easy win for us? Are acting like jilted lovers bc of cuog shit talk. Act like Big brother already. Acting bitter about the break up is for the ugly girl left crying at home.
    Guilty as charged. Cuog tears have annoyed me to the point where I wanted UW to tell them to fuck off, die, and be a cheap funeral.
    That's the hilarious part, these people would be happy if the AC died on their bitter Betty tears. "I never want to talk to you again Chad!"

Nah, you're going to keep replying to our 2am "You up?" Texts bc you have no other options Betty. You're going to be driving over to our place and leaving quietly when we are done too.

We? don't even need to pretend this is anything but a convenient arrangement for us from now on. Cry all you want on your way home about how this is the last time you'll let yourself be used, we'll be laughing with our friends in the morning about slumming it once again.
    I always preferred to go to their place, easy to escape and not have to pretend to not be hungry for breakfast the next morning.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,459
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    My best pick up line ever

So where are we eating breakfast in the morning?

Even her boyfriend laughed.
  • Options
    LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,756
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,485
    Founders Club
    This is now Colorado/ CSU
  • Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    Standard Supporter

chuck said:

Fishpo31 said:

I feel attacked by this post.

Being the obvious “Chad” in this situation.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,630
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

I would rather kill myself than brag that I get to hunt, fish and rodeo as my 3 primary objectives in life. And I hunt and fish plus there is nothing wrong with a rodeo. But if that’s all you got: it’s bullet time yesterday
    Well, I do disagree here. If all I had to do was go fishing for the rest of my life I'd rate it as pretty near perfect.

• Options
    FireTheJanitorFireTheJanitor Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,483
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment First Anniversary
    Founders Club
    chuck said:

I would rather kill myself than brag that I get to hunt, fish and rodeo as my 3 primary objectives in life. And I hunt and fish plus there is nothing wrong with a rodeo. But if that’s all you got: it’s bullet time yesterday
    Well, I do disagree here. If all I had to do was go fishing for the rest of my life I'd rate it as pretty near perfect.

Anyone can do that if you’re satisfied with living in a van down by the river with Jack Cuog