Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Apple Cup

Comments

• Options
    LaZorisLaZoris Member Posts: 1,628
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    NEsnake12 said:

Fire Dannen for being a cuck and agreeing to the Lumen field bullshit instead of big dicking WSU and making them come back to Husky Stadium next season

He better bring in that Tulane QB next year to make up for it
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,526
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

So people don't want to play Coug, but it's cool and fun to play Maryland at 9 a.m.? I don't get it.

We are forced to do one of those by conference affiliation.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,866
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    TheHB said:

Will be fun to see Cameron Ward become the only QB to lose to Washington as cuog and beat cuog as a Husky.

Didn’t Carl Bonnell pull that off?

Or was he a loser at both places?
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,346
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

TheHB said:

Will be fun to see Cameron Ward become the only QB to lose to Washington as cuog and beat cuog as a Husky.

Didn’t Carl Bonnell pull that off?

Or was he a loser at both places?
    I have people who do the research for me. If this is true, someone is losing their job.
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,061
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    edited November 2023
    Really dumb for UW(and I fully expect the UO to be equally stupid).
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,629
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I'd grant a home and home to SW Mizzouri St before I'd give the Cuog one. Why do them a favor right now if you're UW?
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,259
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Ultimately this will be a B/C game we get a free win out of but still manage to make revenue from bc fans will show up.

I'm fine with giving the cougs severance of a few more games in Pullman to realize their new place in the world.

Beyond 2028 no more games out there though. Coug will make more money coming to Seattle anyways in there new found poverty.
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 3,992
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    chuck said:

I'd grant a home and home to SW Mizzouri St before I'd give the Cuog one. Why do them a favor right now if you're UW?

Patience, my fren.

Home and home for four years. At that point, the windfall from the pac 2 is long gone and CUOG can't live on the $6-$8 mil per year in MWC TV money. The $1 million dollar a year bone will buy a body bag game at UW every year. Or not. By then, within a year or two UW will be making $60 + mil per year as part of the B1G.

Sometimes you have to bite the bullet short term for long term gain.
  • Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,022
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    thought this shit was over, thought it was doubly over when cuog/boov sued everyone else. someone said it above (i_never_read_your_guys_stuff.gif) but think there's a lot of old money that wanted to keep this going. they'll be dead soon, just like this game.

also i really would like to see THE CONTRACT about this game specifically around buyouts.
  • Options
    dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,269
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I hate it, but I love telling Coog fans to fuck off...We can all suffer together for the next 5 yrs
  • Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,244
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
  • Options
    Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,255
    I don't get it...maybe because I'm a Jack Doog. There is a lot of talk about Cuog obsessing over UW (deserved, and true), but there appears to be some obsession over "little brother"...They are a historical, traditional rival that we have the upper hand on to date, and always will. They know they are little bro, and anyone who is a little bro loves nothing more than getting under big bro's skin.

The AC has always been an event, rife with passion, shit talking between co-workers, friends, families...It is intense, and it is fun. That's not happening with Purdue, or Northwestern, or Wisky, or anyone else in the B1G...I don't know about y'all, but I have a hell of a lot more interest going forward with the AC, as opposed to non-conference games with San Jose State, Tulsa, Nevada (Chris Tormey alert!), Georgia State...et.al.

I was talking to someone today about Thanksgiving football, and it really pisses me off that Texas and aTm no longer play on Thanksgiving, because aTm bitched out when they went to the SEC. They are rivals, rivals who haven't played each other for years...

Wherever the Cuog end up, I hope they kick ass, and I hope the Dawgs kick their ass, every year, Montlake, Lumen, Pullman, or fucking Ellensburg...same as it ever was

• Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,446
    I don't mind the annual cuog beatdown

Looking forward to another one this Saturday to deny them bowl eligibility
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,094
    Founders Club

Snooze, but I like free wins. Hopefully we raid their roster and squeeze out the talent they have left.

Says Fudgie, our little future corporate raider

• Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,935
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Fishpo31 said:

I don't get it...maybe because I'm a Jack Doog. There is a lot of talk about Cuog obsessing over UW (deserved, and true), but there appears to be some obsession over "little brother"...They are a historical, traditional rival that we have the upper hand on to date, and always will. They know they are little bro, and anyone who is a little bro loves nothing more than getting under big bro's skin.

The AC has always been an event, rife with passion, shit talking between co-workers, friends, families...It is intense, and it is fun. That's not happening with Purdue, or Northwestern, or Wisky, or anyone else in the B1G...I don't know about y'all, but I have a hell of a lot more interest going forward with the AC, as opposed to non-conference games with San Jose State, Tulsa, Nevada (Chris Tormey alert!), Georgia State...et.al.

I was talking to someone today about Thanksgiving football, and it really pisses me off that Texas and aTm no longer play on Thanksgiving, because aTm bitched out when they went to the SEC. They are rivals, rivals who haven't played each other for years...

Wherever the Cuog end up, I hope they kick ass, and I hope the Dawgs kick their ass, every year, Montlake, Lumen, Pullman, or fucking Ellensburg...same as it ever was

You had me up until the part about them kicking ass.
  • Options
    Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,255

Fishpo31 said:

You had me up until the part about them kicking ass.
    It is in reference to quality wins…