Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

They are built for this motherfuckers

Comments

• bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 15,109

Scratch off the USC jinx. Check another box. Hang another banner. Penix rose when he was needed and Dillon Johnson just scored again. Whatever it takes

McMillen still out. Polk gets hurt. Bernard and Jackson are scrapping. Culp channels Randy Moss. ZTF channels an edge rusher. Odunze still gets open

If you can't stop them then outscore them. The fabled rivalry of the Pacific Coast Conference comes to a close with the Hairbreadth Huskies getting the last laugh

9-0. Utah got next

Our assistant coach of the week? Scott Huff. ROAD GRADER DAWGS

BTW, for our millennial posters, Hairbreadth Husky was a cartoon in the 1950s or 1960s about the Dwags
    Was it as funny as Officer Lee Groinman or whatever that was?
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,786 Swaye's Wigwam

"It's hard"- Petersen

"We are built for this."- Deboer

Winners win.

• BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365

Scratch off the USC jinx. Check another box. Hang another banner. Penix rose when he was needed and Dillon Johnson just scored again. Whatever it takes

McMillen still out. Polk gets hurt. Bernard and Jackson are scrapping. Culp channels Randy Moss. ZTF channels an edge rusher. Odunze still gets open

If you can't stop them then outscore them. The fabled rivalry of the Pacific Coast Conference comes to a close with the Hairbreadth Huskies getting the last laugh

9-0. Utah got next

BTW, for our millennial posters, Hairbreadth Husky was a cartoon in the 1950s or 1960s about the Dwags
    People forget about Groinman AND Roy Fucking Otis (ILTCHRFOILTCHT)
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,474 Founders Club

So you would get up on Saturday and look at the cartoon and on Sunday read the sweet and entertaining Royal Brougham description of the game ~ was quite the era

And the full page of game photos

• CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,898 Founders Club

FireCohen said:

I hate this fucking defense, but they have this weird ability to get a couple key stops here and there to affect the outcome in our favor.

modern day football, you not going to be able shut teams down. just get 1-2 stops when you need it
    It’s like you greasy Slavs in all the wars @FireCohen. Take it up the ass in the first half and then get a key stop and plunger your foes.

• EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,132
    edited November 2023

9-0. Utah got next

• Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,379

TheHB said:

Yeah the Oregon game seemed way more in doubt. The finish was crazy. Yesterday, I never felt like UW would have an issue scoring. Just needed a stop or turnover, and those happened.

USC’s defense is another tier worse than UW’s. And that’s saying A LOT.

I was counting stops knowing we? needed 2 more stops than they got. I think we? ended with 5 and then with 3 (I’m counting our? FG as a stop).
    ^^^This…blocked punt neutralized by CW fumble, then it came down to who blinked first. I was concerned that the field goal would haunt us, but “we” got it done…
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,371 Founders Club

9-0. Utah got next

It was before my time so I don't know. But we all know the Groinman thing was retarded
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,506 Swaye's Wigwam

the defense giving up 0 and 7 in the 4th quarters of the biggest games of the year is witchcraft

Check out DeBoer's entire tenure at Washington. It's like opposing offenses just give out or are too gassed or something.
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,752 Swaye's Wigwam

9-0. Utah got next

Was uncle race there?
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

the defense giving up 0 and 7 in the 4th quarters of the biggest games of the year is witchcraft

pup working that magic on the other side
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,925 Swaye's Wigwam
    phineas said:

I hate this fucking defense, but they have this weird ability to get a couple key stops here and there to affect the outcome in our favor.

dropped pass doesnt hurt either
    Too bad the opponents never get the benefit of a dropped pass, fumble, deflected interception, etc...
  • TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,684 Founders Club

9-0. Utah got next

Was uncle race there?
    Race was there, so was I…
  • TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,684 Founders Club
    haie said:

Check out DeBoer's entire tenure at Washington. It's like opposing offenses just give out or are too gassed or something.
    Opposing offenses are intimidated and unhinged by the idea they will probably have to score 75% of the time to keep up, even if they are capable of that, it’s a mind haunting disturbance
  • phineasphineas Member Posts: 4,732
    chuck said:

phineas said:

dropped pass doesnt hurt either
    Too bad the opponents never get the benefit of a dropped pass, fumble, deflected interception, etc...
    dropped pass is a little different than the other two, tbf