Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Losing takes off the pressure

Comments

• Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    haie said:

haie said:

This makes sense. UW is playing as if they have a margin of error, and Oregon is playing like every week is a playoff game. If UW is going to lose, they need to lose soon, because this sleepwalking shit can be systemic if it goes on too long.

Utah is really bad.
    They're really not. I'd give my left nut to walk into Ecclesiastes and give them a 35-6 pantsing.
    Jake Browning beat a better Utah there in 2018.

This year's sqwad isn't even a south division winning type of team. No stars. Slow footed defense. Shit offense.
    Yeah I agree, they're not as good as 2018
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,167
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    bisonduck said:

haie said:

This makes sense. UW is playing as if they have a margin of error, and Oregon is playing like every week is a playoff game. If UW is going to lose, they need to lose soon, because this sleepwalking shit can be systemic if it goes on too long.

Utah is really bad.
    They suck.
    How many injuries do they have?
  • Options
    bisonduckbisonduck Member Posts: 714
    5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes

bisonduck said:

haie said:

Utah is really bad.
    They suck.
    They’re catastrophic in numbers. It’s amazing they’re winning really.
  • Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,410
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

gmo said:

well said, Urinals.

nearly everything you mentioned should be something that coaches can correct or at least minimize (bored, pressure, one dimensional offense, etc.). We are about to find out if both this team and this coaching staff is merely above average or truly great, IMO.

The other problem UW has, is that they are so damn one dimensional. They are so good at that, that you can’t stop it, but you sure can at least limit it. And with the holes they have on defense, if you just limit the damage, you can beat them.
    100%. b/c our tackling, ability to stop run, create turnovers is so poor, teams are 3rd and short all game which allows them to convert at a higher rate and burn clock keeping Penix and Company off field.

By doing that, it forces Penix and the wr's to feel extra pressure to score even more than normal as their possessions are being limited. Add in limited consistent run game, and D that is average AT best against run and pass (and that is being generous imo) and if this offense can't get to 40 and/or get up by two scores it will be game on against teams in the Pac

It's looked like this since Q2 Arizona.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    bisonduck said:

bisonduck said:

haie said:

Utah is really bad.
    They suck.
    Interesting choice of words.
  • Options
    haie said:

haie said:

Utah is really bad.
    They're really not. I'd give my left nut to walk into Ecclesiastes and give them a 35-6 pantsing.

This year's sqwad isn't even a south division winning type of team. No stars. Slow footed defense. Shit offense.
    Oregon exposed Utah because SC is incompetent. That said, UW is looking like shit regardless of Oregon. They need to get their shit together. Just like entry in the Big 10, we need each other to get a team in the CFP.
  • Options
    gmogmo Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,647
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Good clear-headed post the day after. All that makes sense.

On another topic, we learned very quickly not to wear shorts to a Mariners games back in the Kingdome days.

what does this mean?!
  • Options
    Founders Club
    haie said:

haie said:

Utah is really bad.

they won 10-3. You can't compare the Huskies Defense in 2018 to this year.
  • Options
    edited October 2023

bisonduck said:

bisonduck said:

haie said:

Utah is really bad.
    They suck.
    Why? They’ve lost players in every unit.

Oregon exceeded my expectation but I honestly thought this was a 31-17 game beforehand.

The Pig Farmer has a noodle arm, he has skill players that don’t stretch a defense, and their defense played a bunch of one-dimensional offenses that weren’t even elite at one thing save USC. I didn’t expect to whoop their asses in the trenches so badly.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    bisonduck said:

bisonduck said:

bisonduck said:

haie said:

Utah is really bad.
    They suck.

Oregon exceeded my expectation but I honestly thought this was a 31-17 game beforehand.

The Pig Farmer has a noodle arm, he has skill players that don’t stretch a defense, and their defense played a bunch of one-dimensional offenses that weren’t even elite at one thing save USC. I didn’t expect to whoop their asses in the trenches so badly.
    I typically hold catastrophic for natural disasters and serious shit but whatever works for you.

You know Ruth?
  • Options

bisonduck said:

bisonduck said:

bisonduck said:

haie said:

Utah is really bad.
    They suck.

I typically hold catastrophic for natural disasters and serious shit but whatever works for you.

You know Ruth?
    I am blocked.
  • Options
    flatusflatus Member Posts: 877
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment First Anniversary
    Standard Supporter

Just axe Criscoballs
  • Options
    SwisherSweetboySwisherSweetboy Member Posts: 563
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    gmo said:

On another topic, we learned very quickly not to wear shorts to a Mariners games back in the Kingdome days.

what does this mean?!
    Kingdome urinals. For those that remember, the urinals were constructed like huge long hog troughs. You'd get all these dudes in there squeezed together pissing out beer and... splashback happens. Ah, $3 tickets on the 300 level, and King beers for a dollar?
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,788
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2023
    gmo said:

haie said:

haie said:

Utah is really bad.

they won 10-3. You can't compare the Huskies Defense in 2018 to this year.
    They won 21-7 **in Salt Lake City** before Utah's QB went down. And that Utah team still eliminated Oregon and made it to the P12CG.

• Options
    flatusflatus Member Posts: 877
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment First Anniversary
    Standard Supporter
    bisonduck said:

haie said:

Utah is really bad.
    They suck.
    Disagree.

Stanford sucks.

Every other team in the conference can beat you if you look past them.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,788
    Swaye's Wigwam
    bisonduck said:

haie said:

haie said:

Utah is really bad.

Oregon exposed Utah because SC is incompetent. That said, UW is looking like shit regardless of Oregon. They need to get their shit together. Just like entry in the Big 10, we need each other to get a team in the CFP.
    I remember my 'Oregon is owning in October while UW looks shaky in October' phase.
  • Options
    Founders Club

gmo said:

what does this mean?!
    Kingdome urinals. For those that remember, the urinals were constructed like huge long hog troughs. You'd get all these dudes in there squeezed together pissing out beer and... splashback happens. Ah, $3 tickets on the 300 level, and King beers for a dollar?
    oh got it, the troughs... intimidating for a young gmo as well. Efficient, gross and 1980's all in one.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,298
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    haie said:

Utah is really bad.
    They aren’t great. But they also aren’t 35-6 bad. Oregon is playing great either way. They’ve now held three different conference opponents to single digits this year.