Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Please join me…

13»

Comments

• Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,511
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Going for it before the half wasn't a bad decision. You put yourself in a position to have a sizable lead and make UW have to catch up if you score after the half. Then you can just lean on your run game and first downs don't stop the clock anymore.

After last year why would you risk playing ping pong until you find out which team gets a turnover or FG position at the end?
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    haie said:

Going for it before the half wasn't a bad decision. You put yourself in a position to have a sizable lead and make UW have to catch up if you score after the half. Then you can just lean on your run game and first downs don't stop the clock anymore.

After last year why would you risk playing ping pong until you find out which team gets a turnover or FG position at the end?

Those were free points. You only had a chance at any points due to the interception. You're getting the ball to start the 2nd half. Take the points.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,511
    Swaye's Wigwam
    SFGbob said:

haie said:

Those were free points. You only had a chance at any points due to the interception. You're getting the ball to start the 2nd half. Take the points.
    Signed,

Quiet quitting Chris Petersen.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    edited October 2023
    SFGbob said:

ntxduck said:

In the fuck Dan Lanning club.

Send me your qualifications and I’ll start reviewing applications on Monday.

I’m more annoyed with stein tbh. Dude runs the perfect offense for the Anthony brown era. ADOT of 1.3 yards.

Every time Oregon went vertical today they hit a big play. But stein is in love with the 2 yard dump off to a TE at the los for a 1 yard gain
    Yeah man. I’ve made the same comment comparing it to the offense they were running when Cristobal was here.

It’s Lannings team however.
    You guys are both soft pedaling how stupid Lanning is. He’s exactly who I told you he was a year ago. Maybe you dipshits will listen this time? He doesn’t know what he’s doing and Fats has made him eat shit for it two years in a row. The ‘crooting won’t fix the fact that Dans mom drank aggressively for 39 weeks while she was pregnant with him.
    Fats was a two yard pick-up from losing at home. Congrats to Fats.
    MJ Ale bench pressed and got off Steven Jones' block when it mattered. Winners win.
  • Options
    MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
    edited October 2023
    ntxduck said:

thechatch said:

Zero problem with either decision on 4th down.

I agree with you, in the moment I said go both times. But they aren’t ready, prepared or executing on those plays.

I’m totally making this up but I might be right…

Lanning had everything go right for him vs UCLA last year and he’s decided he’s just going to keep going that route when it might have actually been fools gold.

I don’t think it’s worked since.

I rewatched it this morning because I’m a masochist.

Worst game bo played in an Oregon uniform, by far (except uga but that defense was lol so throw that one out).

He’s super gunshy for some reason and locking on to one Wr non-stop…and also not a threat to scramble.

1. 2nd quarter, Gary Bryant wide open across middle (7 yards) with no one within 15 yards of him. Bo checks down to James for no gain
    2. Last play of first half, still hate the playcall but Troy was open on the out route. Bo just didn’t throw it. Can’t have that from a 5th year senior.
    3. Play before #2, walk in td for holden on 3rd down, bo short arms it.
    4. 4th down in 3rd quarter, Holden wide open across middle. Walk in td with a simple throw. Bo throws to Franklin contested.
    5. Final drive, Bo spends entire time checking down and wasting clock. Can’t have that from 5th year senior. Could have easily run for 10+ multiple times
    6. Final offensive play—Bo waits too long to motion in RB. Instead of a run up the middle (which was the play call), bo has to throw it oob. Motion the rb in in time, run him for 4+ yards, call a timeout=fg is good

Really shocking stuff from Bo. Not sure what’s going on. Clearly he doesn’t have the same mesh with stein he did with dilly.
    You may have also noted at least three times Oregon players showed visual frustration upon receiving the play call from the sideline.

Think it was Nix once or twice and Irving twice. Possibly the opposite. May have been more. Noticed it during the live broadcast.

They may not be any more impressed than we are with Stein.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

ntxduck said:

thechatch said:

I agree with you, in the moment I said go both times. But they aren’t ready, prepared or executing on those plays.

Lanning had everything go right for him vs UCLA last year and he’s decided he’s just going to keep going that route when it might have actually been fools gold.

I rewatched it this morning because I’m a masochist.

Worst game bo played in an Oregon uniform, by far (except uga but that defense was lol so throw that one out).

He’s super gunshy for some reason and locking on to one Wr non-stop…and also not a threat to scramble.

1. 2nd quarter, Gary Bryant wide open across middle (7 yards) with no one within 15 yards of him. Bo checks down to James for no gain
    2. Last play of first half, still hate the playcall but Troy was open on the out route. Bo just didn’t throw it. Can’t have that from a 5th year senior.
    3. Play before #2, walk in td for holden on 3rd down, bo short arms it.
    4. 4th down in 3rd quarter, Holden wide open across middle. Walk in td with a simple throw. Bo throws to Franklin contested.
    5. Final drive, Bo spends entire time checking down and wasting clock. Can’t have that from 5th year senior. Could have easily run for 10+ multiple times
    6. Final offensive play—Bo waits too long to motion in RB. Instead of a run up the middle (which was the play call), bo has to throw it oob. Motion the rb in in time, run him for 4+ yards, call a timeout=fg is good

Really shocking stuff from Bo. Not sure what’s going on. Clearly he doesn’t have the same mesh with stein he did with dilly.
    You may have also noted at least three times Oregon players showed visual frustration upon receiving the play call from the sideline.

Think it was Nix once or twice and Irving twice. Possibly the opposite. May have been more. Noticed it during the live broadcast.

They may not be any more impressed than we are with Stein.
    An actual visceral reaction?
  • Options
    GoduckiesGoduckies Member Posts: 5,358
    First Comment 5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes

thechatch said:

Fake punt worked
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Goduckies said:

thechatch said:

Fake punt worked
    Against fucking Colorado
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Goduckies said:

thechatch said:

Fake punt worked
    Against fucking Colorado
    And two point attempt worked against you.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,442
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    SFGbob said:

Goduckies said:

thechatch said:

Fake punt worked
    Against fucking Colorado
    And two point attempt worked against you.
    Since 2009