Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Queefing something out of that twat of mine

1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,524 Swaye's Wigwam
It's weird to come back here the day after and read a bunch of posts about how all-timer this game was and how the people who were in the stadium attended the best live game of their life and yadda yadda yadda. That's not at ALL how I felt while pathetically watching it at a fucking Dave and Buster's with a group of Husky fans behind me and one fucking duck that was the loudest guy there. I found the game to be pretty hard to watch. Instead of seeing it as a heroic game winning drive and comeback and all that, all I could focus on was blowing an 11 point lead with the ball in the 3rd. Or the absolutely shit tackling at times. Or the stupid clock management and penalties. Or how Oregon's players looked to be jacked up on the field while Washington players looked like they were just hoping to escape.

I think it was @ntxduck in another thread that pointed out that this game was exactly like last year's game, and I totally agree. Last year's game was an all-timer for me, yet this year's game pissed me off. Couldn't figure out why at first, considering they were the exact same game. Then it came to me: Last year, the Huskies were on the road and not expected to win. This year, they were at home, and I expected them to win by at least two scores. The fuckery and scrappy comeback win was fun last year, but this year, with way more on the line, it was stressful.

Oregon's coach fucked this one up for them (again). Oregon tackled better, controlled the game better, and led in every single statistical category except a half yard less per pass. Over 100 more yards, more passing yards and completion percentage, twice the rushing yards, higher yards per carry, TOP, sacks and pressures, and turnovers. Washington won the goal line dumbfuckery contest 2-1, Penix (on what was not one of his better ngihts) hit about four throws that only he's going to hit, and that was the difference in the game.

Oregon's fan base should feel fucked over by Lanning, and Washington's should be more than a little worried about a championship rematch. That third quarter gave me flashbacks of UCLA and ASU.

Comments

• TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,786 Swaye's Wigwam
    It’s a beautiful game.
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,524 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2023

I do appreciate it more than I did, but I was done with it and the people who surround the game.

Being in the lowest division helps with the insufferable parents problem. It's actually a pretty cool group that I grab beers with and generally enjoy. We don't take it too seriously, but I love the hell out of watching them. Wouldn't trade it for anything. Just took a job that's 1000 tims more stressful and difficult than the one I had just so I can have Saturdays off to follow them all over the damned state.

Edit: And on the bright side, the soccer players flop a lot less than Oregon, so soccer has that going for it. Which is nice.
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,756 Swaye's Wigwam

It's weird to come back here the day after and read a bunch of posts about how all-timer this game was and how the people who were in the stadium attended the best live game of their life and yadda yadda yadda. That's not at ALL how I felt while pathetically watching it at a fucking Dave and Buster's with a group of Husky fans behind me and one fucking duck that was the loudest guy there. I found the game to be pretty hard to watch. Instead of seeing it as a heroic game winning drive and comeback and all that, all I could focus on was blowing an 11 point lead with the ball in the 3rd. Or the absolutely shit tackling at times. Or the stupid clock management and penalties. Or how Oregon's players looked to be jacked up on the field while Washington players looked like they were just hoping to escape.

I think it was @ntxduck in another thread that pointed out that this game was exactly like last year's game, and I totally agree. Last year's game was an all-timer for me, yet this year's game pissed me off. Couldn't figure out why at first, considering they were the exact same game. Then it came to me: Last year, the Huskies were on the road and not expected to win. This year, they were at home, and I expected them to win by at least two scores. The fuckery and scrappy comeback win was fun last year, but this year, with way more on the line, it was stressful.

Oregon's coach fucked this one up for them (again). Oregon tackled better, controlled the game better, and led in every single statistical category except a half yard less per pass. Over 100 more yards, more passing yards and completion percentage, twice the rushing yards, higher yards per carry, TOP, sacks and pressures, and turnovers. Washington won the goal line dumbfuckery contest 2-1, Penix (on what was not one of his better ngihts) hit about four throws that only he's going to hit, and that was the difference in the game.

Oregon's fan base should feel fucked over by Lanning, and Washington's should be more than a little worried about a championship rematch. That third quarter gave me flashbacks of UCLA and ASU.

This. #metoo

I didn’t yell or scream when they scored the winning TD and uttered, barely loud enough for TOF to hear, wow they actually fucking won, as douche missed the kick.

Happy but not feeling good about it.
  • DoogerMcFarlandDoogerMcFarland Member Posts: 741
    I was at Autzen last year. I was at Husky Stadium this year.

I felt very similar both times. I had no expectation of us winning by any margin greater than a touchdown.
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346

I was at a party watching it. We? were lit up and had a fucking blast. Should have gone to the game.

Deboner is ice cold and Penix is as gifted a passer as I've ever seen this side of the NFL. Kid is fucking nails. His bow and arrow thing is perfect for what how he spins it.

I wanted to go and was only an hour away, in Renton. But I was corching a soccer game. In the lowest division in a soccer state, no less. You have to take that seriously. Had I booked it straight from one game to the other, I probably could have made it by halftime and paid $600 for three boys that don't care and I to sit in the nosebleeds. Didn't sound too appealing, and the game would be mostly over if I drove home, so the decision was made to distract them with a nearby arcade so I could watch some fuckin' football. The boys' parents understood.
    I am sooo glad my soccer days are over. One of Ds played in college. Although she did very well and all that, by the time it was done it was like that feeling you have when after being hot and sweaty for a long time you can take off the wool sweater you've been wearing. I was like, "FINALLY!!!!! I can stop pretending to give a shit about this sport."

I do appreciate it more than I did, but I was done with it and the people who surround the game.
    Pics?
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,756 Swaye's Wigwam
    TheHB said:

Good luck if you can’t feel good as a Husky fan after that.

Good luck with what?
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,506 Swaye's Wigwam
    Any game where this specific team starts off with the ball and promptly goes 3 and out is by definition an unenjoyable stressfest to me.

Boise State was miserable for awhile.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    Don’t know why you expected to win by 2 TDs, Oregon is a good squad. If anything I thought Oregon could win by 2 TDs if the game got away from us.

When you are pissed about squeaking out a win against your heated Rival who was ranked 7th in the country you have a good problem.
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,786 Swaye's Wigwam

TheHB said:

Good luck if you can’t feel good as a Husky fan after that.

Good luck with what?
    Wallowing in crankass Damone-like misery?