Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Ana-Mari Cauce Appreciation Thread

Comments

• Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958 Standard Supporter

I’ll give them both ZJ’s when they shit can hop.

I’m sure the Hopkins situation will be dealt with.
  • whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,591 Standard Supporter

TD mentioned the ability to see around corners a couple times yesterday. If Cauce is indeed a ruthless bitch, she probably often wondered why UW seemed to be so often caught flat footed. This dude is keyed into a bunch of NCAA committees. He knows where the future lawsuits will be coming from and what they entail. I’m guessing that being proactive was a major factor in Cauces search and she seems to have found a winner.

I don’t like playing the “calling an aggressive woman a bitch is sexist” card very often, but anyone who says AMC is one in earnest are probably full of shit.

One of the storylines I absolutely loathed coming out of the transition to the Big 10 was some of the stuff I heard about the dynamic between AMC and Cohen. I don’t care how it went down, but if AMC had a hand in it she was doing what needed to be done and not some Mean Girls act.
    Agree. She evaluated the big picture and took the appropriate action from her responsibility as the top steward of the university. And did it with proper due diligence and evaluation of alternatives. Leadership as it is supposed to be done.
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,888 Founders Club

Mad_Son said:

Imagine that all anyone ever had to do to win our love was be good at your job. Hard to believe no one tried that before.

Robert Stack getting a lot of free pub on HH this week
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Count me in as thinking @WeAreAFatLesboSchool was a Damone alt
    edited October 2023

whlinder said:

TD mentioned the ability to see around corners a couple times yesterday. If Cauce is indeed a ruthless bitch, she probably often wondered why UW seemed to be so often caught flat footed. This dude is keyed into a bunch of NCAA committees. He knows where the future lawsuits will be coming from and what they entail. I’m guessing that being proactive was a major factor in Cauces search and she seems to have found a winner.

I don’t like playing the “calling an aggressive woman a bitch is sexist” card very often, but anyone who says AMC is one in earnest are probably full of shit.

One of the storylines I absolutely loathed coming out of the transition to the Big 10 was some of the stuff I heard about the dynamic between AMC and Cohen. I don’t care how it went down, but if AMC had a hand in it she was doing what needed to be done and not some Mean Girls act.
    Agree. She evaluated the big picture and took the appropriate action from her responsibility as the top steward of the university. And did it with proper due diligence and evaluation of alternatives. Leadership as it is supposed to be done.
    I meant ruthless bitch in the friendliest terms possible. In no way do I think she’s a mean person or a bad person to work for. On the contrary, most everyone seems to think highly of her as an administrator and leader. If she were a man I’d say the actions were those of a ruthless fucking asshole. She runs a tight University in most all aspects. Athletics though had been a concern for years with many of us here at HCH and beyond. I want someone that will coldly assess the landscape and make cut throat decisions that benefit the university. AMC has made those tough decisions and cut ties with the P12 to the advancement of Washington and the detriment to close neighbors and frankly good on her for that. Feelings be damned! For years she was a voiceless picture on a screen or page. None of us knew her stance on anything athletically other than being a vote in the unanimous retaining of Larry Scott. Worry was deserved. I’m more than pleased that from the top down, AMC to TD to coaches, everyone seems to be pointed in the correct direction for the betterment of UW athletics. Don’t twist.
    Not to fear, my favorite grocer, I didn’t think you were one of those people using the word in the malicious sense, more like in the “she’s a boss ass bitch! Look at her go!” kinda way.

And yes, I was deeply troubled too when she co-signed to retain Larry Scott. I’d still like to ask her why she did that.

In any case, yes, I think she’s taking us in the right direction too.
    Baseman said:

Im team Ana, just like i was team Deboer (first and right). Best FOOTBALL President in UW History. Disagree? FY! Don't believe me? Google Billy Gerberding and the pres in office when Gil Dobie roamed the sidelines in Montlake.

Exactly.

@RaceBannon knows.

Hang the fucking banner.

Are you OK?
  • sinceredawgsinceredawg Member Posts: 796
    What is with this GIF?
    I like the acting of the chick on the right as her expression goes from power to "wow, I'm about to fuck".
  • coach_pete_JPGcoach_pete_JPG Member Posts: 1,214
    Is FireCauce taken yet? I love her until I don’t
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,746 Swaye's Wigwam

whlinder said:

I meant ruthless bitch in the friendliest terms possible. In no way do I think she’s a mean person or a bad person to work for. On the contrary, most everyone seems to think highly of her as an administrator and leader. If she were a man I’d say the actions were those of a ruthless fucking asshole. She runs a tight University in most all aspects. Athletics though had been a concern for years with many of us here at HCH and beyond. I want someone that will coldly assess the landscape and make cut throat decisions that benefit the university. AMC has made those tough decisions and cut ties with the P12 to the advancement of Washington and the detriment to close neighbors and frankly good on her for that. Feelings be damned! For years she was a voiceless picture on a screen or page. None of us knew her stance on anything athletically other than being a vote in the unanimous retaining of Larry Scott. Worry was deserved. I’m more than pleased that from the top down, AMC to TD to coaches, everyone seems to be pointed in the correct direction for the betterment of UW athletics. Don’t twist.
    Not to fear, my favorite grocer, I didn’t think you were one of those people using the word in the malicious sense, more like in the “she’s a boss ass bitch! Look at her go!” kinda way.

And yes, I was deeply troubled too when she co-signed to retain Larry Scott. I’d still like to ask her why she did that.

In any case, yes, I think she’s taking us in the right direction too.
    For the record, I only made (and will continue to make) disgusting malicious comments about Jen.

What is with this GIF?
    I like the acting of the chick on the right as her expression goes from power to "wow, I'm about to fuck".

The gif is from the French film “Belle de Jour” - I don’t want to spoil the film for anyone who hasn’t seen it, but you got the general gist of the scene…Catherine Denevue’s character, who is a part-time sex worker, turns the tables on her closeted lesbian (NTTAWT) boss, the madame of the brothel where she works.
  • sinceredawgsinceredawg Member Posts: 796

What is with this GIF?

The gif is from the French film “Belle de Jour” - I don’t want to spoil the film for anyone who hasn’t seen it, but you got the general gist of the scene…Catherine Denevue’s character, who is a part-time sex worker, turns the tables on her closeted lesbian (NTTAWT) boss, the madame of the brothel where she works.
    Well played. Love the intricacy from just a little opening of her lips and opening of her eyes. Also breasts in that era seemed more valuable. $/breast.
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365

Baseman said:

Im team Ana, just like i was team Deboer (first and right). Best FOOTBALL President in UW History. Disagree? FY! Don't believe me? Google Billy Gerberding and the pres in office when Gil Dobie roamed the sidelines in Montlake.

Exactly.

@RaceBannon knows.

Hang the fucking banner.

Are you OK?
    No. thx for asking
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

What is with this GIF?

BRB Jo
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,514 Founders Club

Yeeeaaahhhhh…HCH poasters’ reaction to her hire was less than enthusiastic. We had somebody register the username @WeAreAFatLesboSchool for fuck sake.

That being said, I don’t blame people having the knee jerk reaction that her elevation was a DEI hire and that she’d continue the trajectory of UW recent presidents being indifferent or outright hostile to football.

I’m glad she’s proven the haters wrong on a lot of things. She handled the Pac12 exit to the B1G perfectly in my opinion. I’m excited to see what she does next.

@WeAreAFatLesboSchool was a Sven alt
    I always thought it was Damone
  • whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,591 Standard Supporter
    I always thought Damone was Sven?
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,942

Nobody here has ever met her or work with people who actually know her. But that doesn't usually stop anybody around here.

• FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

Ok bytch