Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

OKG Gunslinger signed and delivered.

Comments

• Options
    Purple_PillsPurple_Pills Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,827
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    topdawgnc said:

I still hate the Seattle Times' shitty business model that forces me to sign on with my incognito browser to read their shitty articles you assholes continually link to.

They're still around? Interesting. I saw a Skippers the other day too. Somethings you'd think have died are still kickin.'

• Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,652
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    dflea said:

what goes on in kim's brain when he is proven retarded time and time again?

my guess is wine-rationalization.

"i may be fucking stupid, but damn being drunk feels good!"

He doesn't even know he's a fuckin' idiot. That's the thing about stupid fuckers - they're too stupid to know they're FS.

But even the dullest crayons have to realize, at some point, that they suck at absolutely everything, right?

I'll pm OBK and ask.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited September 2014

This board is starting to become dawgman lite at times. Some QB that none of you have ever seen play is going to start because he has a high ranking and throws for a lot of yards in high school.

You're right. But you could make the argument that you're defending Miles because you hyped him up so much in the off season. I don't think that's better.
    It has nothing to do with Miles' ability. I don't think he's leaping Lindquist or Williams either. I've always thought Miles was a game manager that can run. That's why the constant crying about his arm bothers me. It was well known before this season.

He's had one terrible half where he struggled with the blitz. He's had some ups and downs so far. At one point this season he completed 15 passes in a row. Nobody remembers anything but how bad he looked in one half in the last game. Right now, saying he sucks is premature. He's obviously flawed though and isn't going to be a superstar.

Thinking Browning is going to come in and leap frog 4 QB's is pressing, whether you think Miles is good or not. Citing his stats or his ranking is FS too. Every QB we have was heralded out of high school. Anyone who follows football should realize there is a 90% chance Browning redshirts. For all we know, Petersen could reel in Eason or another QB in 2016 and Browning never starts a game.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

This board is starting to become dawgman lite at times. Some QB that none of you have ever seen play is going to start because he has a high ranking and throws for a lot of yards in high school.

You're right. But you could make the argument that you're defending Miles because you hyped him up so much in the off season. I don't think that's better.
    RoadDawg should stop sucking Miles' dick.
    I could be a useless cunt like you who never gives an opinion or prediction until after the fact.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,652
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

I could be a useless cunt like you who never gives an opinion or prediction until after the fact.
    image Dude, relax.
    RoadDawg reaching Damone butthurt territory
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Upped for "starting to" and "at times" - maybe intentionally or maybe through Down's syndrome you are giving a parody and strong statement at the same time. Bravo.
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223

Passion said:

Good to see Jake "red flags" Browning is going to be up here in January so he can take over next year.

I hope you're not kidding. This kid looks like an absolute playa. Those stats? Player of the year in CA?

Get ready Miley.
    I can't recall many true freshman QB's that have played well. Learning the playbook, being a leader, and playing against Pac 12 athletes for the first time is a huge task. I know he is enrolling early, but it takes time. QB is not the same as playing CB or WR. I doubt he wins the #2 job, let alone beats out Miles.
    I agree that not many frosh qb's kill it, but anyone thinking that he can't beat out miles is smoking some good pot. Miles has zero arm, and thus far this year has either been extremely rusty or shown a great lack of progress. Miles will have all this year to prove it's his job, but I surely haven't seen anything which makes me think he's a locked in 3 year starter. Troy and jake, and even lindy will have a say in this before its' all said and done.
    I'm higher on Miles than you are. Browning isn't beating him out as a true freshman. Miles has a weak arm, but I don't think that is the real problem. His arm strength can be worked around. When his mechanics are good, he throws a decent ball. Blitz recognition was the most concerning on Saturday. Hopefully that can be protected better and coached up. We will see. I know stats can be deceiving, but Miles has decent stats and has taken care of the ball so far. There is stuff to be concerned about and he certainly isn't a world beater, but I'm not writing him off until he gets a couple Pac 12 games under his belt.

I don't think Miles is locked in. He needs to get better, but I highly doubt a true freshman will come in and beating out Miles, Williams, Lindquist, and Carta Samuels. That's a tall task. Maybe Williams or Lindquist is gone by then, but it's still asking a lot. Is Browning even physically ready to handle it? He is listed at 6'2" 185. That's pretty small. Miles as a 4th year junior can probably manage a game much better than an 18 year old kid, not to mention he will actually have experience playing against Pac 12 opponents and not high school teams in San Diego.

If Browning is a true stud, he will probably redshirt a year to get bigger, learn the playbook, and develop as a leader before taking the reigns in 2016.
    I think you completely misunderstood my post. I am by far from someone who thinks all frosh and * recruits are god. You'll see this around basketball time when i give my annual mantra about how less than 15 frosh in the nation are actually all conference or better as frosh. And how everyone expect UW's freshman to be unreal playmakers. It's rare, in every sport.

My point was that cyler has done nothing this year to convince me he's a 3 year starter in this program, and all the qb's in the system will have a chance at the job. As I stated above, Miles has all year to prove this is his job before troy, lindy, Carter or Browning get a sniff at it(barring injury or horrific play). It's a reality that QB's have a much better shot of playing early than other positions. Browning is not the second coming, but i'm also not going to write off his potential. He has a lot of tools which fit into the CP playbook.

Agree with you on miles in many regards. Missing spring, summer crushed him development wise. He still looks slow in decision making, confidence and getting rid of the ball. I saw someone post a couple links to throws which are supposed to show his arm strength. Come on people. His knock out of HS was that he didn't have the arm for long routes and he's shown it all year. The difference is that he doesn't have to have some cannon arm if he makes decisions quickly and gets rid of the ball. His problem is he has neither going right now. Kellen moore is the most successful qb under CP, and he had a wienie arm overall. However, he was the best decision maker i've probably ever seen in college. The kid knew where the ball was going 90% of the time before the snap even happened.

Obviously you can look at max browne right now? He was 5*, 1st rated qb in the nation by many, and he can't beat out the pathetic kessler? Anyone notice jake heaps at miami recently? He can't beat out a true frosh. Ratings are bullshit overall, and a way to sell papers, dm.c and other services to these whores who eat recruiting like Dustin johnson pounds cocaine off paula's starfish.

• Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,650
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I did some TBSing (watched the film linked in this thread). This guy can really throw it. It will be good to have two guys with top notch arms competing (Williams and Browning) for the job. I hope one takes it next year. It's a lot easier to win with a QB that can sling the ball all over the place, all else being equal. That doesn't mean it will happen though.

Roaddawg is getting abused a bit on this topic but he's mostly right. No fucking way on earth this guy comes in and wins the job as a freshman. Gunslingers at one level fall on their face at a high rate when they move to the next level. They're especially prone to flopping when they get pressed into service too early. Few of those DBs he's throwing on in those highlights are going to play college football and he doesn't have 250 lb defensive ends with 4.6 speed bearing down on him while he's doing it. There's no way to know if he's going to make the transition until he does it. Expecting it to happen one year removed from abusing a bunch of 5'10 high school kids is a big reach. We have 4 highly rated QBs on the roster right now and so far only one of them, possibly the least talented of the group, has come close.

If someone takes the job from Miles next year it will be Williams. We've seen what Lindquist can do. He's destined for a move to H back. Williams reportedly throws the ball better than Miles and looks just about as mobile. I get the idea that he's close but not quite there in terms of all the other shit required of a QB aside from just throwing the ball.
  • Options
    AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,960
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Mylie is the right QB for this team as currently constructed. Avg OL at best results in QB pressure. Mobility is key...Miley has it in spades.

UWs WRs are avg to below avg right now. Mickens is fine. Kasen has clearly regressed (see other threads). Ross is a stud. TEs have showed little so far. Having a huge arm right now won't be maximized. See Miley.

We need a game manager who doesn't turn it over. That's Miley.

Next year, I think WR will be improved, but the OL will be in transition still...15 yrs later
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,221
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited September 2014
    I can't believe how long some of you insist on typing.

The kid looks great. Great looking hs athletes usually need a couple years to figure out how to deal with the speed and talent found at the next level. And Mylie hasn't played a conference opponent yet to justify all the shit-talking about his level of play. If he fucks the dog against SU, feel free to gweeb about it at that time.

The end - you are now free to move about the cabin.

Maybe Swaye could save this thread with some tittie pics or pics of bitches with tattoos.
  • Options
    A Willie_Got_Dam_LylesFS question, wtf is a OKG?
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

A Willie_Got_Dam_LylesFS question, wtf is a OKG?

Irony meter exploded.

Our Kind of Guy.
  • Options
    Disciple_2_HoleDisciple_2_Hole Member Posts: 122
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Testing 1

NYBE
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    chuck said:

I did some TBSing (watched the film linked in this thread). This guy can really throw it. It will be good to have two guys with top notch arms competing (Williams and Browning) for the job. I hope one takes it next year. It's a lot easier to win with a QB that can sling the ball all over the place, all else being equal. That doesn't mean it will happen though.

Roaddawg is getting abused a bit on this topic but he's mostly right. No fucking way on earth this guy comes in and wins the job as a freshman. Gunslingers at one level fall on their face at a high rate when they move to the next level. They're especially prone to flopping when they get pressed into service too early. Few of those DBs he's throwing on in those highlights are going to play college football and he doesn't have 250 lb defensive ends with 4.6 speed bearing down on him while he's doing it. There's no way to know if he's going to make the transition until he does it. Expecting it to happen one year removed from abusing a bunch of 5'10 high school kids is a big reach. We have 4 highly rated QBs on the roster right now and so far only one of them, possibly the least talented of the group, has come close.

If someone takes the job from Miles next year it will be Williams. We've seen what Lindquist can do. He's destined for a move to H back. Williams reportedly throws the ball better than Miles and looks just about as mobile. I get the idea that he's close but not quite there in terms of all the other shit required of a QB aside from just throwing the ball.

NOGAF about your analysis of this recruit or your TBS habit.

HTH
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

You seem upset.