Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Mariners Pole

13»

Comments

• Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Go M's!
    I way overrated the by saying they're around a 500 team, they aren't this bad but they're just like last yea, something like 73-75 wins.
    When healthy the oration is still top 8 but walker's shoulder is scaring me and Paxton is gonna be out for maybe another month. Chalk that up to bad luck.

Miller looks like a total disaster, his plate discipline is yunieski betamcourt like, Almonte strikes out more than any lead off hitter I've ever seen, and then smoak is well smoak.

I was calling for the bullpen to be addressed all offseason, outside of fahrquar and Rodney no one can get consistent outs and even Rodney along with the rest walks everyone. Outfield defense is a complete fucking dreckfest.

Maybe the people like me who we're calling for the firing of jack z last July were right. As for tequila, there's nothing left to say. 85-90 wins, wow
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited April 2014
    Go M's!
    And there is no excuses to be made for jack z, good GM's can overcome bad front offices. Neil Huntington Andrew Friedman, billy beane have all built good ball clubs, some great with shitty ownership and no payroll. Clearly the best case is the team being sold but with the right guy it can be done. Even with the mariners irrelevent I'll still enjoy baseball season I guess
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited April 2014
    All Star Break

"Don't worry just wait until all this young talent in the minors comes up" - every MarinerFS fan every fucking year.

We got Walker, Hultzen, Davis, Ossai. Just wait until they get here. Then they all end up sucking.

I am actually a little surprised it took this little time for it to be all over. Then I looked at the lineup and saw Cano, Hart (a good #6 hitter) and a bunch of 8-9 hitters, many of whom shouldn't even be in the major leagues. The team sucks. The rotation and bullpen aren't good either.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,541
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    End of April
    The Mariners have no hitters above .300 and they just lost to the Astros with their best pitcher.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,525
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Let's crowd fund to buy out M's ownership!

https://youtube.com/watch?v=YyDqoLimejg
  • Options
    Ron_FairlyRon_Fairly Member Posts: 368
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Testing 1
    End of April
    What needs to happen now

• Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    End of April

What needs to happen now

If the UFO can take the Mariners and bring back the Sonics do that NOW.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    All Star Break

What needs to happen now

brb, jo.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah
    End of April

What needs to happen now

To be fair PLSS had similar ideas back in February only suggested Al Qaeda do it.
  • Options
    Ron_FairlyRon_Fairly Member Posts: 368
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Testing 1
    End of April

What needs to happen now

To be fair PLSS had similar ideas back in February only suggested Al Qaeda do it.
    OK

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Labor Day
    With the way things are going, absolutely agree that there's no way that they are going to get in the 85 win range. I also said that they COULD get to the 85-90 win range IF the pitching got back healthy and everything broke right. With the news that came out later that day with Walker (who I'm questioning at this point whether he comes back at all this year), that's going to destroy that prediction as part of getting to that range was him coming back healthy.

When I said what I said about finishing the month 2-3 games over .500, they were 7-5 w/ 3 more games against Texas (including a Felix start) 3 in Miami (while missing Jose Fernandez), and 3 at home against Houston. Since then, they've lost 7 in a row (including 2 Felix starts). They blew a 9th inning game in Texas, gave up a walk off slam in Florida, and then blew an 8th inning lead in Florida.

With a 7-12 record they have a run differential of -6. They haven't been good in 1 run games so far (0-3) and that's a concern with the bullpen and young players trying to execute situational hitting.

It's very possible that this is the worst rut of the season that they are going through at this point.

Bigger issue, which it always has been with the Mariners, is that until there is an ownership change that puts real leadership in place that has an interest of winning across all aspects of the organization instead of just the P&L statement, the high water mark for this team will always be the 85-90 win range because there will always be holes in the roster/organization and anything that COULD go wrong not only will go wrong, but not have a viable contingency in place.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,541
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    End of April
    TSIO
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    End of April
    I love this thread almost as much as Fetters loves nachos.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    All Star Break
    Bump