Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Lanning will cost Ducks games again this year

Comments

• Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,279
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited September 2023

flatus said:

Ducks destined to lose 2-3 games this year a la Corvallis and UW 2022.

Biggest reason: Lanning will shit the bed again with reckless decision-making. Case in point: fake punt on own 17 against shitty Colorado. That decision was fucktarded, fueled 100% by emotion. Ducks fail there and it's a huge momentum swing with gift points for CU, which, up to that point, hadn't moved the ball in the forward direction. Dumb. Just plain dumb.

If Oregon is even able to hang with UW straight-up, Lanning will find a way to fuck it up by forcing an inane, low-probabilty call, probably on 4th down in our? own territory, per the script. Fuck.

Deboner > Lanning, until shown otherwise (probably never)

I don't see a huge disparity in talent between UW and Oregon.
    QB - close enough to equal. Penix better passer, Nix better runner

RB - Bucky Irving will be the best RB on the field, and Oregon has great depth behind him. Edge Oregon

WR - UW has 3 of the top 10 WRs in the country. This is a big gap with Franklin being Oregon’s only big time WR.

TE - Ferguson is a freak. Edge to Oregon

OL - Slight Edge Oregon

DL - Oregon is improved in this area but UW is nationally great. UW with a sizable edge

LB - Oregon. The single area where I think UW is weak

CB - UW with the edge

ST - UW with the edge in the return game, and Oregon with the edge in the kicking game. Punting I don’t know, because neither team punts lol.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,279
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    bisonduck said:

bisonduck said:

flatus said:

flatus said:

Biggest reason: Lanning will shit the bed again with reckless decision-making. Case in point: fake punt on own 17 against shitty Colorado. That decision was fucktarded, fueled 100% by emotion. Ducks fail there and it's a huge momentum swing with gift points for CU, which, up to that point, hadn't moved the ball in the forward direction. Dumb. Just plain dumb.

If Oregon is even able to hang with UW straight-up, Lanning will find a way to fuck it up by forcing an inane, low-probabilty call, probably on 4th down in our? own territory, per the script. Fuck.

I don't see a huge disparity in talent between UW and Oregon.
    Penix and receivers are the difference. Oregon has edge at RB. UW has better coached D, which can stop Oregon. Ducks need BigPenix to make mistakes in order to win. I don't see that happening. Hence a dumb Lanning 4th down decision(s) will seal it for UW, rather easily, say 44-27?*

*Adjusted for inflation
    Have you watched the defense the last two weeks? Teams aren’t even throwing at Jahlil Florence and Kyhree Jackson has been outstanding on the boundary.

Oregon’s defense is ahead of UW on SP+ that is still using last year’s data.
    If Oregon can pressure Penix like yesterday they win

But I think Colorado has a shitty O line
    That oline is so bad that I draw zero conclusions.

The pass rush is better than last year. I just don’t think we know if it translates.
    Penix has a much faster release. It’s tough to get him even if you get pressure.
  • Options
    46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    flatus said:

That was Lanning telling Prime we’re going to score on you all day long. Zero risk that even a failure there would change the outcome.

• Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,741
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    46XiJCAB said:

flatus said:

That was Lanning telling Prime we’re going to score on you all day long.

wow inspiring
  • Options

46XiJCAB said:

flatus said:

That was Lanning telling Prime we’re going to score on you all day long.

wow inspiring
    Wasn’t meant to be. Just a fact.
  • Options
    louism2washlouism2wash Member Posts: 335
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    https://x.com/ActionNetworkHQ/status/1706646893600665967?s=20

I see why he was fired up. Colorado’s players are a bunch of punks. Teams are going to run it up on them if they can. Good for Oregon for not letting off the gas.

But yeah, taking unnecessary risks to run the score up probably isn’t the best approach.
  • Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,570
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

I see why he was fired up. Colorado’s players are a bunch of punks. Teams are going to run it up on them if they can. Good for Oregon for not letting off the gas.

But yeah, taking unnecessary risks to run the score up probably isn’t the best approach.

We had every starter out and were playing walk ons and 3rd string guys in the 4thQ

Deion left his starters in to get on the scoreboard. Dan could have hung 60+ easy if he wanted to humiliate Deion but the message was sent and received. Deions not an idiot. He knew it could have been much worse.
  • Options

Sanders said it wasn't a talent gap so I guess it was coaching. Then he basically said he current team is garbage with his, "better get me now" remark.

"We Comin."

In 2026
  • Options
    trubluetrublue Member Posts: 3,042
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    What’s the likelihood of Deion being at Colorado in 2026?
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,061
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    edited September 2023
    UW will beat Oregon because they will pop some big plays on the ground when Oregon doesn't expect it. Coaching. Oregon is going to need the pick six or punt return for TD, except it seems UW is the team more likely to get one of those. Coaching.
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,118
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Oregon running game worries me, they got out coached in 2022 and let the game slip away. Lanning is emotionally unstable, he’s going to break those kids at some point this year.

• Options
    flatusflatus Member Posts: 877
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment First Anniversary
    Standard Supporter

trublue said:

What’s the likelihood of Deion being at Colorado in 2026?

Higher than you having sex with a live body (male or female) in the interim
    I laffed.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,082
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    thechatch said:

We had every starter out and were playing walk ons and 3rd string guys in the 4thQ

Deion left his starters in to get on the scoreboard. Dan could have hung 60+ easy if he wanted to humiliate Deion but the message was sent and received. Deions not an idiot. He knew it could have been much worse.
    You refer to your coach by his first name?
  • Options

thechatch said:

When I’m in a hurry
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,082
    Founders Club
    thechatch said:

thechatch said:

When I’m in a hurry
    Kalen will have our guys ready to go on 10/14
  • Options

thechatch said:

thechatch said:

When I’m in a hurry
    Clearly you talk with him regularly
  • Options

thechatch said:

thechatch said:

When I’m in a hurry
    Agreed.

90-11 will have Peterman's guys ready to go.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,409
    Swaye's Wigwam
    46XiJCAB said:

thechatch said:

thechatch said:

When I’m in a hurry
    Agreed.

Hanging by a thread to this

Sad
  • Options

46XiJCAB said:

thechatch said:

thechatch said:

When I’m in a hurry
    Agreed.

Hanging by a thread to this

Sad
    Meltdown.