Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Lanning will cost Ducks games again this year

124»

Comments

• Options
    flatusflatus Member Posts: 877
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment First Anniversary
    Standard Supporter
    46XiJCAB said:

Stanford is doing the only thing they can do. Hold the ball as long as they can to keep the Oregon offense off the field. This strategy works if you can power run nonstop, but they can’t. And any penalty at all kills your drives. Tree now just going to play not to get blown out.

1.6 yards per rush for Furd.

Game plan >>>>>>window.
    Stanford had 20 first downs, 349 total yards, and 209 rushing yds vs USC (5.1 y/rush) during week 1 or 2, don't remember.

May not break 200 total yards today, and most of that was in the 1st quarter.

• Options
    46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    flatus said:

46XiJCAB said:

Stanford is doing the only thing they can do. Hold the ball as long as they can to keep the Oregon offense off the field. This strategy works if you can power run nonstop, but they can’t. And any penalty at all kills your drives. Tree now just going to play not to get blown out.

1.6 yards per rush for Furd.

Game plan >>>>>>window.
    Stanford had 20 first downs, 349 total yards, and 209 rushing yds vs USC (5.1 y/rush) during week 1 or 2, don't remember.

May not break 200 total yards today, and most of that was in the 1st quarter.

The only way Grinch ever gets fired is when Jen tells CLR it’s time he goes.
  • Options
    46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Game officially over, TT has entered the building.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    46XiJCAB said:

Game officially over, TT has entered the building.

Furd broke 200 yards total offense. Fuck.

TSIO.
  • Options
    bisonduckbisonduck Member Posts: 714
    5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes

bisonduck said:

flatus said:

flatus said:

Ducks destined to lose 2-3 games this year a la Corvallis and UW 2022.

Biggest reason: Lanning will shit the bed again with reckless decision-making. Case in point: fake punt on own 17 against shitty Colorado. That decision was fucktarded, fueled 100% by emotion. Ducks fail there and it's a huge momentum swing with gift points for CU, which, up to that point, hadn't moved the ball in the forward direction. Dumb. Just plain dumb.

If Oregon is even able to hang with UW straight-up, Lanning will find a way to fuck it up by forcing an inane, low-probabilty call, probably on 4th down in our? own territory, per the script. Fuck.

Deboner > Lanning, until shown otherwise (probably never)

I don't see a huge disparity in talent between UW and Oregon.
    Penix and receivers are the difference. Oregon has edge at RB. UW has better coached D, which can stop Oregon. Ducks need BigPenix to make mistakes in order to win. I don't see that happening. Hence a dumb Lanning 4th down decision(s) will seal it for UW, rather easily, say 44-27?*

*Adjusted for inflation
    Oregon’s defense is better according to SP+ and that’s still accounting for the last 3 games of last year.

Teams aren’t even going after Jahlil Florence and Kyhree Jackson’s play the last two games was outstanding.

The spread on this game is probably -5.5 based on analytics and probably squeezes closer to -3.5 after next week’s slate.
    Lets see how they look after Rome, Jalen, and Ja’Lynn
    Will we face those three? I am sure our corners will get beat from tim to tim. Arizona was the first team to really dare you to run and take away explosives. I like Oregon’s ability to actually play the underneath stuff better while doing that. We will see though.

Penix playing his best is impossible to stop.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,291
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    edited October 2023
    flatus said:

thechatch said:

thechatch said:

https://x.com/ActionNetworkHQ/status/1706646893600665967?s=20

I see why he was fired up. Colorado’s players are a bunch of punks. Teams are going to run it up on them if they can. Good for Oregon for not letting off the gas.

But yeah, taking unnecessary risks to run the score up probably isn’t the best approach.

We had every starter out and were playing walk ons and 3rd string guys in the 4thQ

Deion left his starters in to get on the scoreboard. Dan could have hung 60+ easy if he wanted to humiliate Deion but the message was sent and received. Deions not an idiot. He knew it could have been much worse.
    You refer to your coach by his first name?
    When I’m in a hurry
    Calling him Dan feels appropriate to be honest.
    A former best friend of mine was from Montreal. .
    You ghosted him? Classy.
    No, I flew to Montreal to be the best man in his wedding. (Gave my Best Man toast in French and received a standing ovation from 200 people). She was five months pregnant when they tied the knot. Then three months after they got married, they separated and awhile later he filed for divorce. I told him how I didn't like what he had done there, and we quickly drifted apart after that.
  • Options
    bisonduckbisonduck Member Posts: 714
    5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes

flatus said:

thechatch said:

thechatch said:

I see why he was fired up. Colorado’s players are a bunch of punks. Teams are going to run it up on them if they can. Good for Oregon for not letting off the gas.

But yeah, taking unnecessary risks to run the score up probably isn’t the best approach.

We had every starter out and were playing walk ons and 3rd string guys in the 4thQ

Deion left his starters in to get on the scoreboard. Dan could have hung 60+ easy if he wanted to humiliate Deion but the message was sent and received. Deions not an idiot. He knew it could have been much worse.
    When I’m in a hurry
    You ghosted him? Classy.
    No, I flew to Montreal to be the best man in his wedding. (Gave my Best Man toast in French and received a standing ovation from 200 people). She was five months pregnant when they tied the knot. Then three months after they got married, they separated and awhile later he filed for divorce. I told him how I didn't like what he had done there, and we quickly drifted apart after that.
    Yikes
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

flatus said:

thechatch said:

thechatch said:

When I’m in a hurry
    You ghosted him? Classy.
    Damn. That's heavy. I know it's hard to know when posters are being serious on this board, but for what it's worth, I appreciate you sharing that. I'm sorry that happened, both for the woman involved and for you. Losing a close friend sucks, especially when it's for reasons like this.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,291
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    flatus said:

Bump

I'm not so vain to think you're bumping this over my Montreal story, so it must be from Lanning costing the Ducks a game
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

flatus said:

Bump

I'm not so vain to think you're bumping this over my Montreal story, so it must be from Lanning costing the Ducks a game
    LOL
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    flatus said:

If Oregon is even able to hang with UW straight-up, Lanning will find a way to fuck it up by forcing an inane, low-probabilty call, probably on 4th down in our? own territory, per the script. Fuck.

Not quite our? own territory, but the rest per the script.

God I did not want to be right about this.
  • Options
    longduckdonglongduckdong Member Posts: 1,009
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

flatus said:

Biggest reason: Lanning will shit the bed again with reckless decision-making. Case in point: fake punt on own 17 against shitty Colorado. That decision was fucktarded, fueled 100% by emotion. Ducks fail there and it's a huge momentum swing with gift points for CU, which, up to that point, hadn't moved the ball in the forward direction. Dumb. Just plain dumb.

QB - close enough to equal. Penix better passer, Nix better runner

RB - Bucky Irving will be the best RB on the field, and Oregon has great depth behind him. Edge Oregon

WR - UW has 3 of the top 10 WRs in the country. This is a big gap with Franklin being Oregon’s only big time WR.

TE - Ferguson is a freak. Edge to Oregon

OL - Slight Edge Oregon

DL - Oregon is improved in this area but UW is nationally great. UW with a sizable edge

LB - Oregon. The single area where I think UW is weak

CB - UW with the edge

ST - UW with the edge in the return game, and Oregon with the edge in the kicking game. Punting I don’t know, because neither team punts lol.

This is gold.
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,002
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    bisonduck said:

bisonduck said:

flatus said:

flatus said:

Penix and receivers are the difference. Oregon has edge at RB. UW has better coached D, which can stop Oregon. Ducks need BigPenix to make mistakes in order to win. I don't see that happening. Hence a dumb Lanning 4th down decision(s) will seal it for UW, rather easily, say 44-27?*

*Adjusted for inflation
    Oregon’s defense is better according to SP+ and that’s still accounting for the last 3 games of last year.

Teams aren’t even going after Jahlil Florence and Kyhree Jackson’s play the last two games was outstanding.

The spread on this game is probably -5.5 based on analytics and probably squeezes closer to -3.5 after next week’s slate.
    Lets see how they look after Rome, Jalen, and Ja’Lynn
    Will we face those three? I am sure our corners will get beat from tim to tim. Arizona was the first team to really dare you to run and take away explosives. I like Oregon’s ability to actually play the underneath stuff better while doing that. We will see though.

Penix playing his best is impossible to stop.
    This is some of the worst analysis that I’ve read.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    @flatus has always been dialed in