Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Lanning will cost Ducks games again this year

Comments

• Options
    MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    thechatch said:

thechatch said:

https://x.com/ActionNetworkHQ/status/1706646893600665967?s=20

I see why he was fired up. Colorado’s players are a bunch of punks. Teams are going to run it up on them if they can. Good for Oregon for not letting off the gas.

But yeah, taking unnecessary risks to run the score up probably isn’t the best approach.

We had every starter out and were playing walk ons and 3rd string guys in the 4thQ

Deion left his starters in to get on the scoreboard. Dan could have hung 60+ easy if he wanted to humiliate Deion but the message was sent and received. Deions not an idiot. He knew it could have been much worse.
    You refer to your coach by his first name?
    When I’m in a hurry
    Calling him Dan feels appropriate to be honest.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,275
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

thechatch said:

thechatch said:

I see why he was fired up. Colorado’s players are a bunch of punks. Teams are going to run it up on them if they can. Good for Oregon for not letting off the gas.

But yeah, taking unnecessary risks to run the score up probably isn’t the best approach.

We had every starter out and were playing walk ons and 3rd string guys in the 4thQ

Deion left his starters in to get on the scoreboard. Dan could have hung 60+ easy if he wanted to humiliate Deion but the message was sent and received. Deions not an idiot. He knew it could have been much worse.
    When I’m in a hurry
    A former best friend of mine was from Montreal. When he left Seattle and went back home, I visited him once a year for 6-7 years. When we'd go visit his parents, they spoke French in the house but I was always taken aback when he'd call his parents by their first names.
  • Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,605
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

thechatch said:

thechatch said:

When I’m in a hurry
    A former best friend of mine was from Montreal. When he left Seattle and went back home, I visited him once a year for 6-7 years. When we'd go visit his parents, they spoke French in the house but I was always taken aback when he'd call his parents by their first names.
    Dan is not my father. He’s younger than I am.
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,517
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

thechatch said:

thechatch said:

When I’m in a hurry
    Tabernac!
  • Options
    Founders Club
    ntxduck said:

thechatch said:

thechatch said:

When I’m in a hurry
    Tabernac!
    Putain!

(Very impressive, by the way)
  • Options
    Founders Club
    thechatch said:

thechatch said:

thechatch said:

When I’m in a hurry
    Dan is not my father. He’s younger than I am.
    I'm at a middle age now where any comment risks triggering some random story from me.
  • Options
    flatusflatus Member Posts: 877
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment First Anniversary
    Standard Supporter

thechatch said:

thechatch said:

When I’m in a hurry
    A former best friend of mine was from Montreal. .
    You ghosted him? Classy.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    flatus said:

Ducks destined to lose 2-3 games this year a la Corvallis and UW 2022.

Biggest reason: Lanning will shit the bed again with reckless decision-making. Case in point: fake punt on own 17 against shitty Colorado. That decision was fucktarded, fueled 100% by emotion. Ducks fail there and it's a huge momentum swing with gift points for CU, which, up to that point, hadn't moved the ball in the forward direction. Dumb. Just plain dumb.

If Oregon is even able to hang with UW straight-up, Lanning will find a way to fuck it up by forcing an inane, low-probabilty call, probably on 4th down in our? own territory, per the script. Fuck.

Deboner > Lanning, until shown otherwise (probably never)

It honestly wouldn't have mattered. Now whether he knew that or not is a different question.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,799
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    bisonduck said:

flatus said:

flatus said:

Biggest reason: Lanning will shit the bed again with reckless decision-making. Case in point: fake punt on own 17 against shitty Colorado. That decision was fucktarded, fueled 100% by emotion. Ducks fail there and it's a huge momentum swing with gift points for CU, which, up to that point, hadn't moved the ball in the forward direction. Dumb. Just plain dumb.

If Oregon is even able to hang with UW straight-up, Lanning will find a way to fuck it up by forcing an inane, low-probabilty call, probably on 4th down in our? own territory, per the script. Fuck.

I don't see a huge disparity in talent between UW and Oregon.
    Penix and receivers are the difference. Oregon has edge at RB. UW has better coached D, which can stop Oregon. Ducks need BigPenix to make mistakes in order to win. I don't see that happening. Hence a dumb Lanning 4th down decision(s) will seal it for UW, rather easily, say 44-27?*

*Adjusted for inflation
    Oregon’s defense is better according to SP+ and that’s still accounting for the last 3 games of last year.

Teams aren’t even going after Jahlil Florence and Kyhree Jackson’s play the last two games was outstanding.

The spread on this game is probably -5.5 based on analytics and probably squeezes closer to -3.5 after next week’s slate.
    Lets see how they look after Rome, Jalen, and Ja’Lynn
  • Options
    46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited September 2023

bisonduck said:

flatus said:

flatus said:

I don't see a huge disparity in talent between UW and Oregon.
    Penix and receivers are the difference. Oregon has edge at RB. UW has better coached D, which can stop Oregon. Ducks need BigPenix to make mistakes in order to win. I don't see that happening. Hence a dumb Lanning 4th down decision(s) will seal it for UW, rather easily, say 44-27?*

*Adjusted for inflation
    Oregon’s defense is better according to SP+ and that’s still accounting for the last 3 games of last year.

Teams aren’t even going after Jahlil Florence and Kyhree Jackson’s play the last two games was outstanding.

The spread on this game is probably -5.5 based on analytics and probably squeezes closer to -3.5 after next week’s slate.
    Lets see how they look after Rome, Jalen, and Ja’Lynn</blockquote

"Ronnie, Bobby, Ricky & Mike!"
  • Options
    ntxduck said:

thechatch said:

If a team runs a fake punt it’s because the other side told on itself on tape. CU punt coverage was probably lazy/bailing early so Lanning made the decision during the week that we’d go if the yardage was reasonable.

Lanning isn’t Chip 2009 but it’s starting to get tough making the argument that he’s not a competent HC.

Disagree.

I suppose it depends on what your definition of “competent” is.

He has a lot to answer for.
    Chinteresting to see how they come out next week. Will tell a lot about Dan in a classic let down/low energy spot after a big home game
    Test: failed
  • Options
    SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,817
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    This is a GOOD Stanford team
  • Options
    Sources said:

This is a GOOD Stanford team

Most obvious letdown spot of all time. Coming off a big game at home with a bye next week. Major indictment of Dan (iltcht) that they are sleep walking
  • Options
    This never happens in CFB.

JFC.
  • Options
    MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Second time this season they’ve let about 10 seconds tick off the clock before calling an obvious timeout.

It’s the little things that let you know.
  • Options

Second time this season they’ve let about 10 seconds tick off the clock before calling an obvious timeout.

It’s the little things that let you know.

He apparently called it right away, per people in the stadium. But Pac12 refs
  • Options
    flatusflatus Member Posts: 877
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment First Anniversary
    Standard Supporter
    46XiJCAB said:

This never happens in CFB.

JFC.

I'd be concerned if Ducks hadn't made adjustments in 2nd Q. Ducks moving the ball easily now. D making stops.

Stanford came out with a solid game plan, really the only strategy that could keep it close.

On pace for 31-14, maybe 38-17 final score.

Hope UW watches this and hangs the banner before we? play the game.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,282
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    Stanford is doing the only thing they can do. Hold the ball as long as they can to keep the Oregon offense off the field. This strategy works if you can power run nonstop, but they can’t. And any penalty at all kills your drives. Tree now just going to play not to get blown out.
  • Options
    PineapplePiratePineapplePirate Member Posts: 4,012
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Stanford should pray harder to Saint Flutie, and throw non-stop Hail Mary’s. Meanwhile the band should play Living on a Prayer after every offensive play. They’ll write a story about it one day, called Miracle on the 34th Yard Line.
  • Options

Stanford is doing the only thing they can do. Hold the ball as long as they can to keep the Oregon offense off the field. This strategy works if you can power run nonstop, but they can’t. And any penalty at all kills your drives. Tree now just going to play not to get blown out.

1.6 yards per rush for Furd.

Game plan >>>>>>window.