Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Wrong Huard

2»

Comments

• dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    edited August 2013
    Damon's gotta be in the bottom 3 in terms of worst tv/radio guys in this town, the only reason he isn't the worst is because we have Dave Sims calling Mariners games. I'll give them credit though, at least they found a decent guy for husky basketball in Jham
  • RancidRancid Member Posts: 75

I've said it several times on this forum...Rondeau, Nelson and Swartz were damn good and very impartial which raises the quality of a broadcast. When you are listening on the radio its great to be able to hear the crowd and then the announcer. But no, not with Damon. You hear him before the crowd and before Bob. Fuck.

What is so appalling is that you had a trio that had worked together a real long time. Two guys with a whole lot of experience and professionalism....replaced with Damon, a fucking clown with no broadcasting experience, and Elise with no major stripes. Who fucking does that? What kind of a person thinks thats actually a good idea?

Elise is the goddamned worst. The fact that she headlines a show with Jerry Fucking Brewer on the FLAGSHIP is all the proof you need to know Seattle sports is a retarded child lost in the woods.

Take a listen to her show on any given day. Since she knows nothing about sports, her MO is consistently to state her opinions* with an almost defensive tone. I.e., "Did you see those guys play last year? Those guys were TOUGH!"

*Nevermind the fact that her opinions are so simplistic and obvious they don't even warrant discussion in the first place. It's like in improv comedy. The mantra is "Yes, and..." With Elise it's "No fucking shit, bitch."
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,547 Founders Club
    Rancid said:

I've said it several times on this forum...Rondeau, Nelson and Swartz were damn good and very impartial which raises the quality of a broadcast. When you are listening on the radio its great to be able to hear the crowd and then the announcer. But no, not with Damon. You hear him before the crowd and before Bob. Fuck.

What is so appalling is that you had a trio that had worked together a real long time. Two guys with a whole lot of experience and professionalism....replaced with Damon, a fucking clown with no broadcasting experience, and Elise with no major stripes. Who fucking does that? What kind of a person thinks thats actually a good idea?

Elise is the goddamned worst. The fact that she headlines a show with Jerry Fucking Brewer on the FLAGSHIP is all the proof you need to know Seattle sports is a retarded child lost in the woods.

Take a listen to her show on any given day. Since she knows nothing about sports, her MO is consistently to state her opinions* with an almost defensive tone. I.e., "Did you see those guys play last year? Those guys were TOUGH!"

*Nevermind the fact that her opinions are so simplistic and obvious they don't even warrant discussion in the first place. It's like in improv comedy. The mantra is "Yes, and..." With Elise it's "No fucking shit, bitch."
    Sounds like you have an agenda
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,435 Founders Club

Rancid said:

Sounds like you have an agenda
    or he simply hates women
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Rancid said:

Take a listen to her show on any given day. Since they know nothing about sports, her MO is consistently to state her opinions* with an almost defensive tone. I.e., "Did you see those guys play last year? Those guys were TOUGH!"

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    Rancid said:

That should be the next pole who is the worst on KJR? There are a lot of candidates. I still give the nod to Akbar over Elise but it's close.

Softy is terrible but I don't even know if he cracks the top 5 worst at KJR. That station is so bad when they talk other sports then when they talk college they either Doog it up or Coog it up.

Rancid said:

That should be the next pole who is the worst on KJR? There are a lot of candidates. I still give the nod to Akbar over Elise but it's close.

Softy is terrible but I don't even know if he cracks the top 5 worst at KJR. That station is so bad when they talk other sports then when they talk college they either Doog it up or Coog it up.
    Softy is the King of the Doogs. He's the worst of the worst.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309

Damon is basically a cheerleader. They might as well put Gregg Bell on it. Fuck you Andre Riley.

If you were Brock and you were getting national opportunities with a broad scale, why be limited to UW broadcasts?

UO has Joe Giansante.

http://www.goducks.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=500&ATCLID=204909582

Think Kim Grinolds passion with Kevin James looks. Fuck

Rancid said:

Softy is the King of the Doogs. He's the worst of the worst.
    Not denying that but you have some real fucktards on there like Elise, Baird, Puckett, and Akbar. Plus I know I'm forgetting some guys. Does Grosby still work there or Gastineau? Those two fucks were terrible too.

I would put Furness in that tier but him calling out Gregg Bell recently has him avoid the KJR list of fucktards.
  • IrishDawg22IrishDawg22 Member Posts: 2,754
    So you guys listen to the game on the radio driving up ad revenue for the program?

What about the protest?? Where is that social engineer?

There more hippos on here than in the Zambezi river.

So you guys listen to the game on the radio driving up ad revenue for the program?

I only listen to the games to find out which advertisers to boycott.

BHAM!

I only listen to the games to find out which advertisers to boycott.

BHAM!
    Because advertising $$$$ are so much less than a BIG spender like you contributes to the economy.

Double BHAM!!!
    IrishDoog be pressing badly today. Even worse than usual.

Tell me it's not true.

I have told you soooooooo many time how much your opinion means to me.

Tell me it's not true.

I have told you soooooooo many time how much your opinion means to me.

If you don't care about our opinions, why are you trying to change them (and failing miserably in your efforts)?
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited August 2013
    Getting rid of Nelson for Huard shouldn't be surprising. I'm sure the dumb fucks in the AD though the broadcasts needed more excitement. They probably thought that Nelson was too neutral or even negative, so they brought in Jim Walden Jr (Huard) to scream and yell every few plays.