Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

What was your favorite Pac 8/10/12 season?

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,473 Founders Club
1984. USC wins Rose Bowl, UCLA wins Fiesta Bowl and Washington wins Orange Bowl

1991. Washington wins natty

2000. Washington wins Rose Bowl, Oregon State wins Fiesta Bowl and Oregon goes 10-2

Comments

• CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,952 Founders Club
    This would make a great pole.
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,952 Founders Club
  • JoeyJoey Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,567 Founders Club
    edited August 2023
    If you’re a modern day Washington fan these are the ONLY answers. If you’re a fucking DOOG/Back the PAC dolt go find a bridge somewhere and jump off.
  • dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,364
    91, followed by 00. The 90's in general were good for the Pac. WSU had some good years, Zona's desert swarm D, SC and UCLA, and Cal was too high regularly
  • gmogmo Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,727 Swaye's Wigwam
    1991. Fuck everyone else.

S-E-C... S-E-C... S-E-C
  • WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,280 Swaye's Wigwam
    Washington being trash or mediocre for so many of the years I was conscious for makes this hard. 2000 is the easy answer to me. Loved that shady Beav team with Denny and what they did to Notre Dame. Was with a big group of family fun LA for the game who hate hate hate the Ducks now and everyone was cheering for them really hard watching that Holiday Bowl. Those wins also helped the Huskies look better at the end of the season.

There never really was a reason to back the Pac though. The conference and teams fucked them in 91. Ducks, Cougars and Beavers HATED UW forever and the Bay Area schools would go in and out of random hatred. No idea what it was, but ASU and UCLA always seemed to make UW their biggest game of the year.
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,529 Swaye's Wigwam
    I was into the Huskies bigly when I was a kid, but the sanctions, some shady players, and getting older and enrolling at a different college and therefore becoming an official jack doog turned me into more of a fan of college football in general than Washington specifically. I'd watch any game that was good.

That was when the Trojans had sucked for some time, so I had no animosity toward them. Then this Pete Carroll guy took over, and something changed. That was the hardest hitting, hardest working, overachieving team I'd seen in a long time relative to the season prior. It was weird and fun watching USC as an underdog, slugging it out with higher ranked opponents. He had those boys playing HARD as fuck. Every game was playoff hockey levels of physical. Became must-watch TV. They lost six games that season by a combined 29 points (highest losing margin was a mere 11), so it was clear even that first year that the rape train was leaving the station, and the conference was on notice: USC had a coach.

Anyway, not my favorite season relative to 1990 or whatever, but I had a lot of fun as just a football fan in general watching Pete Carroll get things rolling down there before getting his guysm in and really putting the poundin' to the roundin'.
  • dtddtd Member Posts: 4,514 Standard Supporter
    edited August 2023
    2000 was pretty epic with the 1-1-1 round robin between those teams, all with 1 home 1 away, all close games. Joey 5 picks kinda ruined it for me tho.
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,790 Swaye's Wigwam

If you’re a modern day Washington fan these are the ONLY answers. If you’re a fucking DOOG/Back the PAC dolt go find a bridge somewhere and jump off.

Hurtful.

I feel like I’m being unnecessarily labeled because of my age. Nonetheless.

Aurora?
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,945 Swaye's Wigwam
    Both 90 and 91 rate the highest for me. I wasn't a full fledged UW fan until 90 (yep jumped on the wagon after "all I saw was purple"). UO that year was my first game at husky stadium. I saw the rest that season and all of them in 91. Hard to top the perfect season in 91.

2000 was fun but I didn't go to any games except the Beav, which was great enough to count as several. Still the loss at Oregon was so frustrating it killed a lot of my excitement. A rose bowl matchup that offered nothing in terms of elevating UWs national status wasn't really that memorable of a finish.
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,823 Swaye's Wigwam

1984 is the GOAT year in Husky sports.

Football REAL Natty.

@sonics1993 led us to the Sweet 16.

Mens Rowboat Natty.

My senior year at UW. It was speshul.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309
    edited August 2023
    Even though Oregon technically finished third that year, 2000 was a great year for the majority of NW schools. You could have shuffled UW, OSU, UO into a hat and drew a team, and it wouldn't have mattered. All three teams were that close to each other in talent.

The gap between those three and everybody else in the conference that year was mind blowing
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,013 Founders Club
    TheHB said:

Football REAL Natty.

Mens Rowboat Natty.

You sound old.
  • LesGrossmanLesGrossman Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,477 Founders Club
    TheHB said:

I kinda liked 1977 when we? won the Pac-8 with a 7-4 overall record and beat Meeechigan in the Rose Bowl.

That Rose Bowl is the first game that I can remember watching on TV as a young LG.

1991 is the correct answer.
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,823 Swaye's Wigwam

TheHB said:

Football REAL Natty.

Mens Rowboat Natty.

You sound old.
    Are you knew here?
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,547 Swaye's Wigwam
    2016 I don't know if it's up there with the best but it should be mentioned as just the last season that the Pac was actually worth a shit with one team making the playoffs (without any controversy at all) and another team winning a rose bowl against a good team, and a 2-3 other 10 win teams.