Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

What was your favorite Pac 8/10/12 season?

2»

Comments

• YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,013 Founders Club
    edited August 2023
    TheHB said:

TheHB said:

1984 is the GOAT year in Husky sports.

Football REAL Natty.

@sonics1993 led us to the Sweet 16.

Mens Rowboat Natty.

My senior year at UW. It was speshul.
    You sound old.
    Are you knew here?
    No. I'm just always amazed at how many old ass, young boomers we have in our community.

Us Gen X'ers were a smaller generation.
  • Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,391
    TheHB said:

I kinda liked 1977 when we? won the Pac-8 with a 7-4 overall record and beat Meeechigan in the Rose Bowl.

That season seemed to come out of nowhere and Don James started his run as the best coach in football that no one heard of.

This was the year that I started to care...
  • WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,280 Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

2016 I don't know if it's up there with the best but it should be mentioned as just the last season that the Pac was actually worth a shit with one team making the playoffs (without any controversy at all) and another team winning a rose bowl against a good team, and a 2-3 other 10 win teams.

Overall I generally liked watching the Pete USC teams. They were legitimately impressive (not running some scheme or shit) and dominated out of conference. That game against Cal and Rodgers was an all timer. Washington was just ass.

Thought about 2016. UW to the CFP (last Pac-12 team). All time Rose Bowl fun to watch with Pac-12 winning. Complete implosion by Oregon. It's just getting beaten down by USC in Seattle stings. I liked watching Darnold other than against UW. It's too bad McCaffrey was banged up most of the year.

2018 is interesting. I liked Minshew but stealing the conference from the Coug at the end was fun. The conference sucked. USC imploded. Loses points for Oregon looking like they somehow wouldn't be terrible under Crisco.
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,823 Swaye's Wigwam

TheHB said:

TheHB said:

1984 is the GOAT year in Husky sports.

Football REAL Natty.

@sonics1993 led us to the Sweet 16.

Mens Rowboat Natty.

My senior year at UW. It was speshul.
    You sound old.
    Are you knew here?
    No. I'm just always amazed at how many old ass, young boomers we have in our community.

Us Gen X'ers were a smaller generation.
    The people in charge of identifying generations Petermanned in the mid- to late-50’s
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,547 Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

2016 I don't know if it's up there with the best but it should be mentioned as just the last season that the Pac was actually worth a shit with one team making the playoffs (without any controversy at all) and another team winning a rose bowl against a good team, and a 2-3 other 10 win teams.

Overall I generally liked watching the Pete USC teams. They were legitimately impressive (not running some scheme or shit) and dominated out of conference. That game against Cal and Rodgers was an all timer. Washington was just ass.

Thought about 2016. UW to the CFP (last Pac-12 team). All time Rose Bowl fun to watch with Pac-12 winning. Complete implosion by Oregon. It's just getting beaten down by USC in Seattle stings. I liked watching Darnold other than against UW. It's too bad McCaffrey was banged up most of the year.

2018 is interesting. I liked Minshew but stealing the conference from the Coug at the end was fun. The conference sucked. USC imploded. Loses points for Oregon looking like they somehow wouldn't be terrible under Crisco.
    The shitty part about that USC game was it felt close or that UW was going to come back after Rapp intercepted it. Then we settle for a limp dick field goal and get it blocked. UW played one of their two worst games of the year on defense but this time they didn't have the luxury of doing it against Arizona.
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,952 Founders Club
    1991 - my mom sold her couch in August and I went to stay with family in New Jersey for a couple weeks before going off to basic training.

I think I saw 2 games all year, Nebraska and the Rose Bowl and then got updates on Sundays either from talking to my brother or the sports page. The Rose Bowl was memorable with both my brothers, my dad and a friend who sold his couch in a car accident a few months later.

I thought UW was gonna be a college football dynasty after that season.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    that miami win, probably single greatest win of UW history. That Miami team was fucking loaded. Oklahoma u welcome bitches
  • EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,138
    FireCohen said:

that miami win, probably single greatest win of UW history. That Miami team was fucking loaded. Oklahoma u welcome bitches

Abundance?
  • LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,787
    FireCohen said:

1994 and 2000 Miami wins were fantastic. Without those, our non-conference wins have rather sucked since 1991. Thanks Miami!
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,473 Founders Club
    Mad_Son said:

2008. When my soul died I became free.