Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

24 Days until Kickoff for UW Football!!!1!!!!

Comments

• Options
    SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited August 2023
    Delete.

Fkn Badgers. Puh
  • Options
    Lawrence_of_a_LabiaLawrence_of_a_Labia Member Posts: 453
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    SECDAWG said:

Delete.

Fkn Badgers. Puh

No reason you can’t root for the Badgers AND the whole dang SEC
  • Options
    edited August 2023

SECDAWG said:

Delete.

Fkn Badgers. Puh

No reason you can’t root for the Badgers AND the whole dang SEC
    Actually, I had typed out a lot of good things I believe about the WA Dawgs this year. I believe they will Win the PAC. I’ve bragged on the coach and the WA DAWGS and really believe they may make it to a CFP and Hope like Hell they beat USC and make it there and USC faces OU in an Alamo Bowel situation…

I seriously think wA is legit. Can they beat a GA or Bama in a playoff? Naw. Ain’t happening. Can they beat Meatchicken that May be the B1G best? I fucking hope so. But more than that, I fuck with the B1G 12 and tell them religiously, OU won’t beat WA…
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    IOW, man, y’all have No idea how much I believe in WA and tell many other boreds that the DAWGS of WA are coming…

I just hope they don’t make me a liar.

(And that’s the only reason I ‘deleted’ my original comment..)
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,480
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Thinking back, @DeLarry used to end some of his texts or emails to me with "On Wisconsin!" and I'd laugh. But I never did find out what the point of his joke/comment was.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,134
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Thinking back, @DeLarry used to end some of his texts or emails to me with "On Wisconsin!" and I'd laugh. But I never did find out what the point of his joke/comment was.
    "On, Wisconsin!" is the fight song of the Wisconsin Badgers at the University of Wisconsin–Madison. A version with modified lyrics is the official state song of Wisconsin.

"On, Wisconsin!" was also the cry that Arthur MacArthur Jr. used in the Battle of Chattanooga at Missionary Ridge in the Civil War.

The tune was composed in 1909 by William T. Purdy as "Minnesota, Minnesota," with the intention of entering it into a competition for a new fight song at the University of Minnesota.

Carl Beck, a former Wisconsin student, convinced him to withdraw it from the contest at the last minute and allow his alma mater to use it instead. Beck then wrote the original, football-oriented lyrics, changing the words "Minnesota, Minnesota" to "On, Wisconsin! On, Wisconsin!"[1] (The eventual winner of the competition became known as the Minnesota Rouser.)

The lyrics were rewritten for the state song in 1913 by Judge Charles D. Rosa and J. S. Hubbard. The song was widely recognized as the state song at that time but was never officially designated. Finally, in 1959, "On, Wisconsin!" was codified in Chapter 170, Laws of 1959, and is incorporated in Section 1.10 of the statutes.

"On, Wisconsin!" was regarded by John Philip Sousa as "the finest of college marching songs".[2][3] It has become one of the most popular fight songs in the country, with some 2,500 schools using some variation of it as their school song.[4] There have been persistent rumors that the rights to the song are owned by Paul McCartney or Michael Jackson.[5] The song is actually in the public domain in the United States.[6] The international rights are unclear.[6]
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,480
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

"On, Wisconsin!" is the fight song of the Wisconsin Badgers at the University of Wisconsin–Madison. A version with modified lyrics is the official state song of Wisconsin.

"On, Wisconsin!" was also the cry that Arthur MacArthur Jr. used in the Battle of Chattanooga at Missionary Ridge in the Civil War.

The tune was composed in 1909 by William T. Purdy as "Minnesota, Minnesota," with the intention of entering it into a competition for a new fight song at the University of Minnesota.

Carl Beck, a former Wisconsin student, convinced him to withdraw it from the contest at the last minute and allow his alma mater to use it instead. Beck then wrote the original, football-oriented lyrics, changing the words "Minnesota, Minnesota" to "On, Wisconsin! On, Wisconsin!"[1] (The eventual winner of the competition became known as the Minnesota Rouser.)

The lyrics were rewritten for the state song in 1913 by Judge Charles D. Rosa and J. S. Hubbard. The song was widely recognized as the state song at that time but was never officially designated. Finally, in 1959, "On, Wisconsin!" was codified in Chapter 170, Laws of 1959, and is incorporated in Section 1.10 of the statutes.

"On, Wisconsin!" was regarded by John Philip Sousa as "the finest of college marching songs".[2][3] It has become one of the most popular fight songs in the country, with some 2,500 schools using some variation of it as their school song.[4] There have been persistent rumors that the rights to the song are owned by Paul McCartney or Michael Jackson.[5] The song is actually in the public domain in the United States.[6] The international rights are unclear.[6]
    sigh...
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,682
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Thanks, Taft!