Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Jen Cohen

PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,685 Swaye's Wigwam
Pros:

- UW is in the B1G. Holy fuck
- Hired DeBoer
- Helped hire Peterlips
- Fire Lake as soon as the wheels fell off

Cons

- "Rep the North"
- 2020 in General
- Hopkins

Overall - she is doing a good job. Many on here should eat some crow.

Comments

• dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,876 Swaye's Wigwam
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,685 Swaye's Wigwam
    biak1 said:

A lot of your pros are a bit disingenuous in that the decisions were effectively made for her. UW joined the BIG after it was abundantly clear the PAC12 media deal was a mirage and the financial impact in staying would be disastrous. Wasn't DeBoer like choice #3 or #4 and (obviously) the first/only one to accept? Initially hesitated, then suspended, then fired Lake only after public backlash.

I get what you're saying, better to be lucky than good, but Christ man take a walk for some perspective.

I like results and not hypotheticals.

It's okay to say a female admin is doing well.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,685 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited August 2023

biak1 said:

A lot of your pros are a bit disingenuous in that the decisions were effectively made for her. UW joined the BIG after it was abundantly clear the PAC12 media deal was a mirage and the financial impact in staying would be disastrous. Wasn't DeBoer like choice #3 or #4 and (obviously) the first/only one to accept? Initially hesitated, then suspended, then fired Lake only after public backlash.

I get what you're saying, better to be lucky than good, but Christ man take a walk for some perspective.

Now we finally get to the root of why these pro-Cohen incursions of yours always feel a tad sanctimonious
    I've read the comments people make about her on here.

I'm the last person to go woke, but it was pretty bad.

A joke here or there is fine and doesn't bother me. But some of the stuff is ridiculous in light of the actually good decisions she has made.

That girl with the flat ass in the marketing department? not so much

Winners win and Cohen is winning. UW is top 10 and in the B1G. Show respekt
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,055 Standard Supporter

biak1 said:

Now we finally get to the root of why these pro-Cohen incursions of yours always feel a tad sanctimonious

A joke here or there is fine and doesn't bother me. But some of the stuff is ridiculous in light of the actually good decisions she has made.

Hang the banner.
  • EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,189

biak1 said:

Of course, it is. Just not THAT one.

• PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,735 Standard Supporter
    Are sloppy leopard skin covered tits a pro or a con?

• Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,739
    Cohen was sitting at the kids table for this whole time. These decisions were run by network execs, university presidents, lawyers, and number crunchers.

AD's are by and large stupider than coaches.

Are sloppy leopard skin covered tits a pro or a con?

Depends how drunk I am

Cohen was sitting at the kids table for this whole time. These decisions were run by network execs, university presidents, lawyers, and number crunchers.

AD's are by and large stupider than coaches.

The decision to hire DeBoer was made by network execs, the president, lawyers, and the school of accounting?

come on
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

Put her in, coach; she's ready to play.

agreed
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

biak1 said:

you are what is wrong with our fan base. you dont give her medal for just doing the bare minimum
    edited August 2023
    FireCohen said:

biak1 said:

you are what is wrong with our fan base. you dont give her medal for just doing the bare minimum
    Fuck off. UW is going to making big bucks in 2030. Who cares about the stadium loan and a small deficit until then? Our boosters and endowment is fucking gigantic, and this should and will energize the Tyee club.

She deserves credit. Top 10, beat Texas, Big Ten bound. I'm drinking and celebrating. Eat my ass
  • whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,640 Standard Supporter
    She didn’t fuck this up

Skill or luck?

Let it play out