Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Why has Sark been shielded?

I was reading General Sweatpants post (A+), and it spurred me to start this thread. When Sark arrived at Washington I felt that we would be subjected to all the misques that his learning curve would entail. I referred to his coaching as a training wheels course where eventually he would be free peddling, him having learned the head coaching craft. But when year one became year three and we were stuck in a vortex similar to "Groundhog Day" the movie, I figured he had peaked and it was time to re-boot. And then came the excuses and what grew into a bullet proof shield. Sure, many were grumbling and speaking out, and more as the results remained the same. And the shield became more visible. And then Pat Haden hired Sark away. But why would USC, Pat Haden, the Sports media, and thousands of intelligent and knowledgeable fans across the land shield a mediocre coaching talent like Sark? Has this been a mass hysteria- psychological event we have witnessed, that no amount of shouting out warnings could get through? How could his accomplishments have been taken as anything short of a disaster? Why was this guy shielded and why is he still being shielded?

Comments

• Purple_PillsPurple_Pills Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,939 Founders Club
  • VegasdawgVegasdawg Member Posts: 370
    OK, but why has he been shielded? It's not logical to have Sark as head coach of any major college football team. Am I missing something?
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    edited September 2014
    You ask a great question.

There's a book called "Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds," which gets at the phenomenon you are describing. Me, I think much of this nonsense is rooted in tribalism.

Armenian Mafia.

This, also too, this.
  • MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    if you are prepared to suck up to the media and include them, then you're doing all the heavy lifting for them and they will love you for it... until they don't of course. there will always be the odd reporter who tries to really critique a slacker like Sark, but for the networks like ESPN that have to generate content so frequently, they absolutely adore having a guy like Sark and thus will not burn him at the stake... until they do, of course. Sark is obviously a savvy media type who has turned this into a cash cow.
  • MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    AZDuck said:

There's a book called "Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds," which gets at the phenomenon you are describing. Me, I think much of this nonsense is rooted in tribalism.

i doubt the madness of crowds and daffodil mania and mob mentality has anything to do with this.
  • FenwickFenwick Member Posts: 1,174
    Vegasdawg said:

OK, but why has he been shielded? It's not logical to have Sark as head coach of any major college football team. Am I missing something?

Because he is a politician hired by other politicians for his yak and blab. He is not a coach. You all were done a disservice.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter
    Swaye said:

This country voted in Obama twice. Delusion is alive and well in 'Murica.

• GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter

Armenian Mafia.

Meek said:

AZDuck said:

i doubt the madness of crowds and daffodil mania and mob mentality has anything to do with this.
    The same fucktardedness of "everyone else is doing this, OMG I think I should do this too" is a big part of CFB fan delusion, IMO
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    Well Haden hired him, and will never admit that was a mistake. When he fires Sark, he'll say Sark was not ready for the big time and didn't succeed like he did at UW.

Sark made a lot of mistakes at UW and I felt like he recruited from Scout rather than actually watching film. But he did what was asked, last two years he should have had more wins and I wanted to stab him watching him throw 4 straight bubble screens on first and goal.

LA media won't be as kind as Seattle as he already is doing the same stupid shit as kitten did.

For the fans? They want to see their guy succeed. They'll support him until they learn who he is. It's fine. We got Peterman. They got their Ty.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited September 2014

He's felt more heat from the LA media in three games than he got from the fag Seattle media in five years.

Why? That's how they roll. Why Haden didn't talk to us first is the question

I would have told Haden Sark was the best play caller in the country and that we would hate to see him leave UW.

Edit: Sorry Baze. Didn't see your post directly above mine.
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,698 Founders Club

He's felt more heat from the LA media in three games than he got from the fag Seattle media in five years.

Why? That's how they roll. Why Haden didn't talk to us first is the question

I would have told Haden Sark was the best play caller in the country and that we would hate to see him leave UW.

Edit: Sorry Baze. Didn't see your post directly above mine.
    Fuck me and my fucking 53 seconds, right? :)
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    AZDuck said:

Meek said:

AZDuck said:

The same fucktardedness of "everyone else is doing this, OMG I think I should do this too" is a big part of CFB fan delusion, IMO
    YRYK. I never would have even thought of committing my first parking lot rape but you know, when in Rome and all that.