Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Serious Update: Pup has passed away

Comments

• Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,491
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

@steelheader2

I do have a couple of curiosities. Pup always bragged about his legendary Ameritrade account. (Its now in good hands with Roadie running it). But in reality, was he a serious investor? Also, prior to his injury, how much of a ladies man was Pup? Any good stories anywhere from high school to middle age?

What parts of his persona were the most greatly exaggerated from the real person he was?

As much as I want to know, I almost prefer not knowing to ensure the legend stats alive.
    This. I don’t want to know. No reason to tarnish the reputation with the truth.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,612
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Just occurred to me that @Doog_de_Jour would probably want to be aware of this. Even though she no longer associates with us degenerates.

@Doog_de_Jour went back to doogman or something? bummer
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,046
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited June 2023

Just occurred to me that @Doog_de_Jour would probably want to be aware of this. Even though she no longer associates with us degenerates.

@Doog_de_Jour went back to doogman or something? bummer
    She still pings me. But I’m not a creepy fuck like most of you guysm.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,046
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Some great writing in this comments of this post. I'll miss PLSS. He was an unusual, but gifted writer. Enjoyed his jokes, perspective, and even is takes on Lambo. Rest in Peace, brother in purple.

Boring tangent that I'll include, even if nobody cares. A few years ago I retired and kept busy by getting involved in Seattle's zoning politics. I owned some land I wanted to subdivide but the current zoning codes wouldn't allow it. I decided to do a deep dive into the lot and parcel history in the city limits, and obtained some data sets from the city and also from King County. I loaded them all up into a SQL database that I built on my laptop.

One of the GIS parcel datasets from the county had an attribute in it named PLSS, which I had never heard of before other than recognizing the acronym from these boards. On Hardcore Husky, PLSS meant Puppy Love Sugar Steel, but in the realm of property, parcel, and land surveys, is stands for the Public Land Survey System. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_Land_Survey_System. I'll save readers that boring story of what I did with this data but my work did help achieve to some zoning changes at the city level, and more recently at the state level.

But after seeing that PLSS was used in only two places that I knew of, I always wondered if Pup was a land survey engineer in his former life and decided to build his board name around that obscure acronym. Or probably just a coincidence. Anyway...

Pup, sir, you will be missed here. I have no idea if there is a next life, but if there is I imagine you and Lambo attending a game and yelling your lungs out in a sea of purple in a packed stadium so loud that other teams fear to play there.

Pup owned an investment property down by the LRH in GL. Had great cash flow he said to supplement the Ameritrade returns.
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,000
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dflea said:

Well, fuck.

I was really hoping Yella would put together a steelheading trip for us up on Pup's ranch on the Skykomish.

I'm going to take this as a lesson to actually do the shit I want to do rather than talk about it so long that the opportunity passes.

RIP, Pup. You were a funny motherfucker!

Witty too. Many try. Most fail miserably.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,577
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited June 2023

Damn, I got choked up. He was by far the most entertaining and I seemed to be one of a handful he liked, although he told me off several times. I was just trying to lure my mom's stupid schizo cat who had crawled into the innards of the bed box springs Sunday night with Fancy Feast and thought of all his hilarious stories and antics. RIP buddy.

Pup and Steel2 were the only two posters to stand with Petersen in years one and two. Yobates and the Fire Marshall came on board in years three and four. Now dipshits like @YellowSnow "knew it all along". You pathetic fuck
    My favorite part about this wonderful Pup quote is the notion that the Huskies were 12-1 and heading to play Alabama, but the only posters standing with Petersen were Pup, Steel2, Yobates and the Fire Marshall.
    How come Washington only won 7 games in 2015?

SC and Apple Cup were memorable wins, but they lost to fucking limp dick Utah, Cal (who sucked), obviously an Oregon loss that is on the coaches and killed their momentum that year. Browning didn't play but they weren't really even competitive with champion Stanford.

ASU game was just a dark comedy. We jumped out way ahead of them, with them having a bunch of starters hurt, and still lost. Browning throws a completely retarded int to end it.

The Boise Theory looked to be true with him at the time.

Metrics still supported him because we were losing close but winning big, but we were winning big against shitty teams.
  • Options
    dirtydrugsdawgdirtydrugsdawg Member Posts: 29
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Gladstone said:

Ah shit. I’m very sorry to read this. Before he became a beloved meme, he used to equally entertain and trigger the hell out of this place with his all time classic fratbro rants mixed in with his absolutely god-awful football takes. And I mean god-awful lol.

I always found him hilarious. Pup was one of the first posters I remember reading here, and he’s definitely one of the ones who come to mind when I think about HH. His FRANNY style prose can never be sufficiently duplicated. Hope you’re doing lines with Lambo up there big guy.

Came for the lines, stayed to pay my respect… and do lines.

RIP Puppy Love.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,601
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Gladstone said:

Ah shit. I’m very sorry to read this. Before he became a beloved meme, he used to equally entertain and trigger the hell out of this place with his all time classic fratbro rants mixed in with his absolutely god-awful football takes. And I mean god-awful lol.

I always found him hilarious. Pup was one of the first posters I remember reading here, and he’s definitely one of the ones who come to mind when I think about HH. His FRANNY style prose can never be sufficiently duplicated. Hope you’re doing lines with Lambo up there big guy.

Came for the lines, stayed to pay my respect… and do lines.

RIP Puppy Love.
    I'm assuming this is @dirtysouwfdawg. Hope your fat wife is well.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,249
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Pup was certainly an Investor. I don’t know the extent of the size of the said ameritrade account. Ladies did love him as they liked his hair which changed styles weekly in jr high and his. Mullet, wavy curls, long perm, new wave haircut. He had told me about this girl he was dating in jr high and that she went to a different school. I assumed it was a “she’s from Niagara Falls, you wouldn’t know her” type of story. Met her finally in 10th grade when she came to a dance at our school. Very stunning and cool chic. I was best man in their wedding and we all went on vacations together etc. He was outgoing and always out doing something before accident(Alaska for a month, hunting, camping, hanging with friends family and fishing on his beloved Sky). Just had a celebration of life for him at his house on river. Was type of event he would have loved. Keg on the river, Westfalia camper vans parked on beach, some ring toss and hanging with friends and family shooting the shit and telling Pup stories. Was good to see Yobates again as it had been awhile. I will miss Pup/Erik every day and especially during husky games as we either watched them together or texted throughout every game.

Thank you Steel2
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,249
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    I've seen pics of Pup's wife. She's quite good looking.
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,000
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

I've seen pics of Pup's wife. She's quite good looking.

And she enjoys a fancy feast.