Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Chris Caple was on 1080 the fan a few weeks ago

longduckdonglongduckdong Member Posts: 1,009
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
Not even reading between the lines sounds like DBs are still shitty….but more of them

Although curve ball is UW passing O, could be that much better.

Comments

• Options
    doogvilledoogville Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,183
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    It’s still a big area of concern. Muhammad has been incredibly underwhelming.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,475
    doogville said:

TBF, our CBs won't see an offense like this until we play USC, so hopefully they acclimated by the end of September
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,609
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Strong edge play should help with some db issues.

Sacks and pressures are better than super sticky coverage most of the time.
  • Options
    dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,280
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,994
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

We had strong edge play last year. Our scheme and coaching could very well be shitty for the secondary. I tend to think that it is after what I saw last year. They weren’t in the picture half the time on tv.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,570
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Disagree with Caple.
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,609
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes

We had strong edge play last year. Our scheme and coaching could very well be shitty for the secondary. I tend to think that it is after what I saw last year. They weren’t in the picture half the time on tv.
    I think the edges will be better this year.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,609
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Our secondary will not see a passing game as good as our offense all year.

If morris and the 2s start scorching the 1s on D, ill adjust this take. Doesnt seem like that is the case thus far
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,994
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

I doubt we ever see a 91 Huskies or similar legendary defenses again with these rules

Bama has the best players and a defensive genius and got worked by Tennessee and LSU

Vaunted Georgia almost got outscored by Ohio State

Can you get a stop when you need to. Can you outscore a team you can't stop

Good defenses still exist but I get the point. Offenses are way better and more creative than decades ago. Georgia was lights out except For one game last year. What they did to everyone else and especially Tennessee was impressive.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,720
    Swaye's Wigwam

I doubt we ever see a 91 Huskies or similar legendary defenses again with these rules

Bama has the best players and a defensive genius and got worked by Tennessee and LSU

Vaunted Georgia almost got outscored by Ohio State

Can you get a stop when you need to. Can you outscore a team you can't stop

Good defenses still exist but I get the point. Offenses are way better and more creative than decades ago. Georgia was lights out except For one game last year. What they did to everyone else and especially Tennessee was impressive.
    Of course. I'd love that defense
  • Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,132
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

doogville said:

TBF, our CBs won't see an offense like this until we play USC, so hopefully they acclimated by the end of September
    I hope we can be as good as Tulane 🤞
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,799
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    doogville said:

He’s also matching up on an island with a top 10 nfl draft talent every day in practice. I’d take
    it with a grain of salt.
  • Options

Watch where Kam Fab is lined up, who his assignment is, and where they have the single high safety shaded towards. Morrell is a fucking moron.
  • Options
    edited May 2023

Watch where Kam Fab is lined up, who his assignment is, and where they have the single high safety shaded towards. Morrell is a fucking moron.
    This play made me so angry last year. It was 3rd and long and the Texas lines up worthy in the slot and we call a coverage that puts kamfabin 1 on 1 coverage because we want to bracket the outside wr’s. How in the hell is there not an adjustment for this. Our staff can’t teach technique, nobody got better, and the scheme was stupid (let’s put perryman in man coverage one more time just to see).

I’m ready to hate again. Mid season form. I hate our secondary coaches.
    If Deboer is who I think he is, Morrell will be gone be the end of next year.

it's not even leaving kam fab 1 on 1 with worthy (which is still bad), it's the fact they have him show blitzes and then try to cover the vertical inside route. If you have Budda maybe he's able to do it, but talk about not having any awareness of personnel
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,720
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Not to nit pick but shouldn't Morrell be gone now?

along with Huff