Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Chris Caple was on 1080 the fan a few weeks ago

Comments

• Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,801
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Not to nit pick but shouldn't Morrell be gone now?

along with Huff
    Along with Eric Schmidt.
  • Options
    Miley_CyrusMiley_Cyrus Member Posts: 796
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Strong edge play should help with some db issues.

Sacks and pressures are better than super sticky coverage most of the time.

We had strong edge play last year. Our scheme and coaching could very well be shitty for the secondary. I tend to think that it is after what I saw last year. They weren’t in the picture half the time on tv.

Watch where Kam Fab is lined up, who his assignment is, and where they have the single high safety shaded towards. Morrell is a fucking moron.
    This play made me so angry last year. It was 3rd and long and the Texas lines up worthy in the slot and we call a coverage that puts kamfabin 1 on 1 coverage because we want to bracket the outside wr’s. How in the hell is there not an adjustment for this. Our staff can’t teach technique, nobody got better, and the scheme was stupid (let’s put perryman in man coverage one more time just to see).

I’m ready to hate again. Mid season form. I hate our secondary coaches.
    If Deboer is who I think he is, Morrell will be gone be the end of next year.

it's not even leaving kam fab 1 on 1 with worthy (which is still bad), it's the fact they have him show blitzes and then try to cover the vertical inside route. If you have Budda maybe he's able to do it, but talk about not having any awareness of personnel
    At this point playing Kam Fab at all is tarmac worthy
    Yeah he’s the guy I can’t stand the most on the current team.

He’s a poor tackler, consistently takes embarrassing angles, and isn’t good in coverage. Oh and he’s soft as fuck. I don’t understand what the coaches see in him, but he was getting playing time under Lake as well.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,764
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Doogles said:

We had strong edge play last year. Our scheme and coaching could very well be shitty for the secondary. I tend to think that it is after what I saw last year. They weren’t in the picture half the time on tv.

Watch where Kam Fab is lined up, who his assignment is, and where they have the single high safety shaded towards. Morrell is a fucking moron.
    This play made me so angry last year. It was 3rd and long and the Texas lines up worthy in the slot and we call a coverage that puts kamfabin 1 on 1 coverage because we want to bracket the outside wr’s. How in the hell is there not an adjustment for this. Our staff can’t teach technique, nobody got better, and the scheme was stupid (let’s put perryman in man coverage one more time just to see).

it's not even leaving kam fab 1 on 1 with worthy (which is still bad), it's the fact they have him show blitzes and then try to cover the vertical inside route. If you have Budda maybe he's able to do it, but talk about not having any awareness of personnel
    THE HUMAN HIGHLIGHT REEL
    Hampton is the same but he has big muscles
  • Options

Doogles said:

THE HUMAN HIGHLIGHT REEL
    He was solid. Was definitely our best DB last year playing out of position. Coaches said as much switching him to safety. Meesh will be good at nickel.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,682
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Hampton sucks. Looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Doogles said:

THE HUMAN HIGHLIGHT REEL
    He was solid. Was definitely our best DB last year playing out of position. Coaches said as much switching him to safety. Meesh will be good at nickel.
    Hampton didnt make a big play all fucking year.

• Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,997
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

Doogles said:

THE HUMAN HIGHLIGHT REEL

Nobody in the secondary did outside of cook and Irvin. And they had about a play a piece. He also wasn’t burnt toast every freaking time. He wasn’t good, but he was adequate I would say which was light years ahead of the rest of the secondary.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,682
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Doogles said:

THE HUMAN HIGHLIGHT REEL

Nobody in the secondary did outside of cook and Irvin. And they had about a play a piece. He also wasn’t burnt toast every freaking time. He wasn’t good, but he was adequate I would say which was light years ahead of the rest of the secondary.
    I thought Hampton looked slow as shit out there. Maybe they had him trying to cover jitterbug slot guys, I don't know. But he looked like a 1970's linebacker in space.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,997
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

Doogles said:

THE HUMAN HIGHLIGHT REEL

I thought Hampton looked slow as shit out there. Maybe they had him trying to cover jitterbug slot guys, I don't know. But he looked like a 1970's linebacker in space.
    He was 215 lbs trying to cover the slot with little to no help. He was at least there to tackle after the catch even if he was trailing which is more than we can say for the rest of the 2022 make a wish secondary that we put on the field. He had 4 pd’s which blew away the rest of the secondary. Powell had zero and perryman had one. This staff sucked with scheme and coverage.

He is not afraid of contact and exerts some force when he hits, but he did zero as far as diagnosing and crashing down on the run and screens. LAN, Budda, Bryant, Joyner, and Gordon were all exceptional at this when bumped inside to the nickel (coaching probably). Hampton gave us nothing in that.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited May 2023
    Hampton gave up a huge TD against Oregon and gave up a stupid penalty on 3rd down against UCLA. That is about all he did all fucking year.

He sucks until proven otherwise. Turner is MUCH better and the defense didnt lose when he was on the field.

Id love it if Hampton plays like he looks, but the dude doesnt even do anything in run support to date. Powell hits harder than him.
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I am thrilled to see Morell bashing. If we are here in 6 months talking about how bad the DBs are again that's strike 1 on Deboar. They very well could be better with proper health and depth but it seems more rotton than that...
  • Options
    doogvilledoogville Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,184
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

doogville said:

It’s still a big area of concern. Muhammad has been incredibly underwhelming.

He’s also matching up on an island with a top 10 nfl draft talent every day in practice. I’d take
    it with a grain of salt.
    I bought into that all-conference hype, too. But he looks like a JAG. Wasn’t just Rome exposing him. He’s a midget and gets dinged up a lot. The JUCO transfer looks much better.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,496
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Canadawg said:

I am thrilled to see Morell bashing. If we are here in 6 months talking about how bad the DBs are again that's strike 1 on Deboar. They very well could be better with proper health and depth but it seems more rotton than that...

Our job is to hold coaches and players accountable

I hope DeBoer set expectations on Morrell to show progress this season since the DBs need to step up in order to compete for championships
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,008
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited May 2023
    "Our job is to hold coaches and players accountable."

That is cute. Insert "SURE?" gif / meme here.
  • Options

Doogles said:

THE HUMAN HIGHLIGHT REEL

The coaches said multiple times he was their best DB last year. He's solid, I didn't say he was good. He does his job for the most part.
  • Options
    edited May 2023

Hampton gave up a huge TD against Oregon and gave up a stupid penalty on 3rd down against UCLA. That is about all he did all fucking year.

He sucks until proven otherwise. Turner is MUCH better and the defense didnt lose when he was on the field.

Id love it if Hampton plays like he looks, but the dude doesnt even do anything in run support to date. Powell hits harder than him.

They had a 220 pound big nickel playing outside shade on Oregon's deep threat with no middle third safety. 99% of DBs would get cooked on that simply because of leverage.

Video proof: