Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Bud light has a new mascot

Comments

• Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 14,131
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Must

Defend

Everything
    The shirt's pretty gay.

I can't possibly drink less Bud Light than I already do.

I'm amused at the hair trigger some of you girls have.
    Well, since we don't support grooming you would be surprised that some people find it offsetting.
  • Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,333
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Must

Defend

Everything
    The shirt's pretty gay.

Well, since we don't support grooming you would be surprised that some people find it offsetting.
    off putting
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,079
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Still defending
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,940
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    HHusky said:

Wow, it's Spuds McKenzie from like 1988. Cool Guzzler. 😐
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,940
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Must

Defend

Everything
    The shirt's pretty gay.

Beer, football, and hockey are masculine entities. Even Mellow and you know this very well, though both of you will try to play dumb. Keep all the flamer pride, mentally ill trans shit in its own lane, as well as every other left wing cause known to modern America outside of sports and traditionally masculine things. It it hard, but it is. Some dummy 20 something probably thinks it's edgy or will generate buzz when all it's doing is eliminating long time customers.
  • Options
    46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Commenting on the cultural rot and mocking a company that glorified day 365 of a gay man cosplaying a teen girl means you’re triggered.

Dazzler.

Fuck off.

You’ve been triggered by Trump since he came down the escalator.
  • Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,333
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Must

Defend

Everything
    The shirt's pretty gay.

Beer, football, and hockey are masculine entities. Even Mellow and you know this very well, though both of you will try to play dumb. Keep all the flamer pride, mentally ill trans shit in its own lane, as well as every other left wing cause known to modern America outside of sports and traditionally masculine things. It it hard, but it is. Some dummy 20 something probably thinks it's edgy or will generate buzz when all it's doing is eliminating long time customers.
    "beer"

i poasted a picture
  • Options
    HHBruh said:

Dazzler is obviously a customer now. He’s all but admitted it.
  • Options
    BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,454
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Must

Defend

Everything
    The shirt's pretty gay.

I have a friend who owns a distributor. What a gig that is, protected territory, set your own prices, but I digress. He is pissed as hell. It was bullshit he didn't need and it has immediately made sales unstable from an inventory standpoint. It really has made an impact overnight. Not a big needle mover for him in the big picture because he will increase sales of other brands if he needs to, but he has a ton of AB inventory that will now not move as fast for him, and his drivers are bitching about having to answer questions.

Business ownership 101. Never, ever, show your political ass in public. It has no business seeing the light of day. Marketing idiots who own nothing think its cute. Shareholders and private business owners don't think it is. Presidents and CEO's who sucked dick to get where they are and had no blood sweat and tears building a brand, are the culprits.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,079
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    It would be just as dumb to do Maga Bud

• Options

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Must

Defend

Everything
    The shirt's pretty gay.

I have a friend who owns a distributor. What a gig that is, protected territory, set your own prices, but I digress. He is pissed as hell. It was bullshit he didn't need and it has immediately made sales unstable from an inventory standpoint. It really has made an impact overnight. Not a big needle mover for him in the big picture because he will increase sales of other brands if he needs to, but he has a ton of AB inventory that will now not move as fast for him, and his drivers are bitching about having to answer questions.

Business ownership 101. Never, ever, show your political ass in public. It has no business seeing the light of day. Marketing idiots who own nothing think its cute. Shareholders and private business owners don't think it is. Presidents and CEO's who sucked dick to get where they are and had no blood sweat and tears building a brand, are the culprits.
    So he’s not excited about getting his new Bud Light POS featuring the gay man cosplaying the teen girl?
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

It would be just as dumb to do Maga Bud

Jordan knew that. Why piss off half your potential market. LeBron took it in the shorts on his hot chicom support. Lot's of American hope he never wins another playoff game.
  • Options
    BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,454
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    46XiJCAB said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Must

Defend

Everything
    The shirt's pretty gay.

So he’s not excited about getting his new Bud Light POS featuring the gay man cosplaying the teen girl?
    I can't believe there are people in this country who act as if masculinity is an afront to their liberal humanity.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Reaching out to new Bud Light drinkers. Geezus.

https://hotair.com/tree-hugging-sister/2023/04/04/head-of-bud-light-marketing-definitely-not-a-wassup-bayou-frog-type-n541554

You just know she does that at the office describing her “vision.” And she has a pretty big office, judging by her job title.

In June, Alissa Heinerscheid became the first woman to lead Bud Light in the brand’s 40-year history. And she has wasted no time getting to work. Heinerscheid, 38, oversaw a creative agency review that led to the late August hiring of Anomaly, which is taking over from Wieden+Kennedy, signaling big marketing changes ahead for the nation’s largest beer brand.

I wonder if they had any clue what “big marketing changes” translated to in terms of what they’ve gotten so far?

…Heinerscheid describes her return to lead Bud Light as a “homecoming,” adding,

“It’s an incredibly iconic brand. I feel such humility and passion for the fact that this precious crown jewel of a brand has been placed under my stewardship.”

As for what’s next: “Our No. 1 job on Bud Light is to grow meaning and relevance with new drinkers—that is how we transform and really preserve this brand for the next 40 years.”

Ah. There’s the focus word – NEW drinkers.

I have to give it to her. Heinerscheid sure went after a different market – one might say a “niche” market – but I’m not so sure how that’s going to work out for Budweiser, or Anheuser Busch in general.

She’s worked for them for 8 years and even had a part overseeing the Game of Thrones “Dilly Dilly” Super Bowl campaign. I’d have to guess that, considering what’s happened since her assumption of the head seat, that manly action genre isn’t her sort of thing.

That would certainly reinforce her educational stereotype, as well. I mean, it’s hard to get more woke…

https://hotair.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/04/BudLight-713x730.jpg
    …than that. I do not believe anyone matriculating at those institutions routinely meets in the parking lot after class to share a six-pack of cold Buds.

I’ll take a stab and boldly assert that she, for all the demonstrative, sincere gesturing, does not “speaka da lingo” of the working class, however much she may have clinically studied them.

This is reflected in the ads and the consequent, pretty ferocious blow-back. Not just from dirty, hairy, flannel-clad rough necks, either.

Women are pissed and far beyond the numbers of Bud Light-drinking women at that (Cuz, let’s be honest – what are there, like, 3?). A little tinge of controversial free publicity is always considered a plus, but I don’t think this is necessarily what they had in mind.

For example: If #BudLightHatesWomen is trending, that is not a good thing. As it was for the better part of the entire day yesterday.

YOICKS

• Options

Bud Light, the Queen of Beers. It's pretty much over for that brand among actual men. The Beta Cucks will continue to buy because they're Beta Cucks.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,668
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    The ad would've been much more appropriate for White Claw. @Pitchfork51
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,276
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes