Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Religion Pole

12345679»

Comments

• YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,796
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Flying spaghetti monsterinan - God's not real you fucking idiot

So I will say this to my brothers in Christ: TYFYS during the pandemic.

Private (in person) Christian school saved Lil' Piss from academis hell during 2020- 21 (1st grade) and now he's reading at well above his grade level (3rd now). I'm a cheap fuck who hates the idea of private school - provided the public option is good to great - so we moved back to public elementary last year.

Sadly, he's forgotten most of the Sermon Seeking curriculum and appears to be on a path towards eternal damnation, unless Mrs. Snow can inject more of her spiritual deism.

You'll be back when future Gov. Kotek or whatever other commie gets elected Governor down there requires your kids to get the jab to attend the "free" school. I assume you've already made peace with his future as a gas-pumping Duck grad?
    *Boov is more likely unless we can get can get an athletic scholarship

• Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,235
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Deist - some God of some sort is out there, somewhere

So I will say this to my brothers in Christ: TYFYS during the pandemic.

Private (in person) Christian school saved Lil' Piss from academis hell during 2020- 21 (1st grade) and now he's reading at well above his grade level (3rd now). I'm a cheap fuck who hates the idea of private school - provided the public option is good to great - so we moved back to public elementary last year.

Sadly, he's forgotten most of the Sermon Seeking curriculum and appears to be on a path towards eternal damnation, unless Mrs. Snow can inject more of her spiritual deism.

You'll be back when future Gov. Kotek or whatever other commie gets elected Governor down there requires your kids to get the jab to attend the "free" school. I assume you've already made peace with his future as a gas-pumping Duck grad?
    *Boov is more likely unless we can get can get an athletic scholarship

I got Willie Lyles on speed dial...
  • whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,240
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    edited January 2023
    Huh?

Losing their religion: why US churches are on the decline

In 1972 92% of Americans said they were Christian, Pew reported, but by 2070 that number will drop to below 50% – and the number of “religiously unaffiliated” Americans – or ‘nones’ will probably outnumber those adhering to Christianity.
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

whlinder said:

Huh?

In 1972 92% of Americans said they were Christian, Pew reported, but by 2070 that number will drop to below 50% – and the number of “religiously unaffiliated” Americans – or ‘nones’ will probably outnumber those adhering to Christianity.
    Looks like the communists won 1A won

Churches have only themselves to blame

I'm an unchurched believer
    It's a beautiful thing- i.e., no state religion or prohibition on religious belief.
    Tim to shitcan their tax exempt status.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,726
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Sermon Seeker - TRUE believer in REAL God (protestant division)

whlinder said:

Huh?

It's a beautiful thing- i.e., no state religion or prohibition on religious belief.
    Tim to shitcan your idiotic causes tax exempt status.

whlinder said:

Huh?

Looks like you agree.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,726
    Swaye's Wigwam

whlinder said:

Huh?

Looks like you agree.
    I'm fine with getting rid of all of it

whlinder said:

Huh?

I’m not completely opposed to this as I think the whole tax system in this country is fucked up and needs to be reformed from top to bottom, but anytime people pick on churches it’s not done with a lot of thought/knowledge of the current system, and they especially don’t consider the unforeseen consequences.

It’s tough because the secular (government/ruler/businesses) and religion have in a strange way been doing this weird system of checks and balances throughout history. When one side gets too powerful or corrupted, the other side balances the scales. But I digress.

Most aren’t aware that the clergy actually do pay income taxes in most cases:

https://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc417

And some churches pay property taxes, but only get exemptions from it if they perform certain charitable services just like their secular nonprofit counterparts:

https://propertytax.dor.wa.gov/Documents/Chapter 9 -6 - Nonprofit church brochure.pdf

Look, I’m not an expert, but I know enough to say this is a this topic is misunderstood and requires some nuance.

Disagree.
  • Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,955
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Buddha but not Baker

whlinder said:

Huh?

I’m not completely opposed to this as I think the whole tax system in this country is fucked up and needs to be reformed from top to bottom, but anytime people pick on churches it’s not done with a lot of thought/knowledge of the current system, and they especially don’t consider the unforeseen consequences.

It’s tough because the secular (government/ruler/businesses) and religion have in a strange way been doing this weird system of checks and balances throughout history. When one side gets too powerful or corrupted, the other side balances the scales. But I digress.

And some churches pay property taxes, but only get exemptions from it if they perform certain charitable services just like their secular nonprofit counterparts:

https://propertytax.dor.wa.gov/Documents/Chapter 9 -6 - Nonprofit church brochure.pdf

Look, I’m not an expert, but I know enough to say this is a this topic is misunderstood and requires some nuance.

Disagree.
    Not surprised. You’re very disagreeable. 😁
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

whlinder said:

Huh?

Well said
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,397
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

whlinder said:

Huh?

Freedom of religion. Government cannot tax the existence of a church.
    Swaye said:

whlinder said:

Huh?

Disagree.

whlinder said:

Huh?

Disagree.
    He's also a fag.
    Swaye said:

whlinder said:

Huh?

Disagree.

whlinder said:

Huh?

Disagree.
    He's also a fag.
    Wanna cyber?