Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Your favorite American adjunct grain pale lager?

124»

Comments

• TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,735
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Olympia
    Dad worked at Columbia-Heidelberg's Tacoma Brewery in college, after WWII, and took all available liberties there. Later on, he never liked Rainier, but loved & drank mostly Olympia. I do remember the brief Olympia Gold (was it?) era, and Dad saying it tasted like water.

Clint Eastwood drank Oly in his monkey movies, which was a solid endorsement. But Oly's not made anymore, as of a couple years ago.

So fuck whomever bought them out and shut off the Oly taps.
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,708
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Coors Banquet Beer

Dad worked at Columbia-Heidelberg's Tacoma Brewery in college, after WWII, and took all available liberties there. Later on, he never liked Rainier, but loved & drank mostly Olympia. I do remember the brief Olympia Gold (was it?) era, and Dad saying it tasted like water.

Clint Eastwood drank Oly in his monkey movies, which was a solid endorsement. But Oly's not made anymore, as of a couple years ago.

Our wedding venue gave us a choice of buying booze through or getting our own. Easy decision for me because I could go onto JBLM or down to the Coast Guard station and get it about 20% cheaper.

Being an old school West Seattle kid, I ensured we had plenty of Rainier and even came across a couple cases of Oly for the bar.

If you know anyone with access to the Coast Guard station or JBLM and you wanna stock up on your booze, ask them to take you to the Class 6 store.
    Olympia

Our wedding venue gave us a choice of buying booze through or getting our own. Easy decision for me because I could go onto JBLM or down to the Coast Guard station and get it about 20% cheaper.

Being an old school West Seattle kid, I ensured we had plenty of Rainier and even came across a couple cases of Oly for the bar.

If you know anyone with access to the Coast Guard station or JBLM and you wanna stock up on your booze, ask them to take you to the Class 6 store.
    Reservist buddy loaded up for his party once. After about 9 straight shots of various vodkas, I nearly passed out on my feet talking to his wife.

Quick trip to the water closet and fingers down my throat (old wrestling trick), sobered me up and saved me from a serious hangover.

Poont? Commissaries are dangerous to civilians.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,796
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Coors Banquet Beer

Reservist buddy loaded up for his party once. After about 9 straight shots of various vodkas, I nearly passed out on my feet talking to his wife.

Quick trip to the water closet and fingers down my throat (old wrestling trick), sobered me up and saved me from a serious hangover.

I didn't no you wear a wrastler, Turd. Now we really gotta get you and Flea on the mat.
  • dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,220
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

I didn't no you wear a wrastler, Turd. Now we really gotta get you and Flea on the mat.
    We're too old for wrasslin' now - at least I am. I think TB is pretty close to my age, so he'd probably dislocate, tear, or break something, too.

I don't ride dirt bikes any more, either .

That's young man's stuff.
    Olympia
    dflea said:

We're too old for wrasslin' now - at least I am. I think TB is pretty close to my age, so he'd probably dislocate, tear, or break something, too.

Truer than I wish. 3 years ago I was still solid as a rock. Then 3 or 4 injuries in a row and both shoulders are now fucked and rehab is measured in months, not days.

I'm still good on my feet, but once we hit the mat, everything I used to do with ease, will be painful and probably pre-surgical.
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    Miller Lite
    Big fan of Pacifico myself. Modelo Especial a close second.
  • Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,235
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Coor Light

Big fan of Pacifico myself. Modelo Especial a close second.

I’m gonna be doing buckets of Pacificos in a couple weeks…
  • dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,220

dflea said:

Truer than I wish. 3 years ago I was still solid as a rock. Then 3 or 4 injuries in a row and both shoulders are now fucked and rehab is measured in months, not days.

I'm still good on my feet, but once we hit the mat, everything I used to do with ease, will be painful and probably pre-surgical.
    lol - same.

The fuck happened in the last few years?
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,510
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Pabst Blue Ribbon
    In 2018 I voted PBR - and just happen to have picked up a 12 pack (limited space so can't haul the 30 pack) - when I lived on Whidbey Island, a gal friend was over asked for a beer and I had a case of Rheinlander bottles, being from the Island and the biggest selling beer was Schmidt, she says "oooh, you guys got the good shit".

Schimdt was another favorite - its the only beer that you can take every other letter out and still have Shit
  • alumni94alumni94 Member Posts: 4,849
    Write-In Option
    I still have a love for Hamm’s as it was the $1.50 pitcher at Dante’s on Thursdays.
    Olympia
    dflea said:

dflea said:

lol - same.

The fuck happened in the last few years?
    Some fucking doctor on here's gonna tell me I drink too much beer, don't hydrate enough and don't warm up and stretch enough before strenuous activity.

Probably all true, but why start now?