Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The Soccer Mom SUV Thread

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,520
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Fishpo31 said:

In the process of grinding my Highlander into dust…265K on it, and I have been very happy with it. Mrs. Fish is the car person in the family, and she “selected” it for the ride, which is very comfy and quiet. She is currently researching compact SUV for replacement, since our daughters are not currently real big on giving us grandkids to haul around, and I have long since tired of hauling shit for people.

I’d be perfectly happy with something used, (having turned into a borderline minimalist in my advancing age) but the prices are ridiculous right now, as we all know…,

Do you have pictures of your daughters? I may be willing to help give you grandkids upon receipt. PM me.
  • Options
    Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,250
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    HFNY said:

Fishpo31 said:

In the process of grinding my Highlander into dust…265K on it, and I have been very happy with it. Mrs. Fish is the car person in the family, and she “selected” it for the ride, which is very comfy and quiet. She is currently researching compact SUV for replacement, since our daughters are not currently real big on giving us grandkids to haul around, and I have long since tired of hauling shit for people.

I’d be perfectly happy with something used, (having turned into a borderline minimalist in my advancing age) but the prices are ridiculous right now, as we all know…,

Do you have pictures of your daughters? I may be willing to help give you grandkids upon receipt. PM me.
    Like we say…
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,749
    edited February 2023

I have been to a Jiffy Lube in 20 years. I don’t trust those meth heads.

Oil changes at a dealer just don’t cost that much to make Jiffy Lube worth it.

I’ve changed my own a few times, but I don’t rack up enough miles to make it worth it. Our fam drives like 6000 miles a year total between 2 cars. No commute and the kids can walk to school (through 2 feet of snow )

Since I've gone full synthetic in all my vehicles, I go at least a year between oil changes.

Last time I went under the truck, I couldn't even remember where the filter was, it had been so long.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,749
    edited February 2023
    HFNY said:

What do you think about charter schools and do you like the concept of voucher schools? The average homeowner in Seattle pays about $10k a year and being forced into the local school without any choice seems very antiquated.

I used to be dead set against Charters during the Obama years, because, like everything else under that Administration, they cherry-picked their students and data, didn't take loads of special ed kids, and quietly dumped kids who weren't rock stars back into the publics to suffer even worse after all the empty, un-kept promises.

I supported the publics because they had three tiers at that time, 2 years ahead, 1 year ahead, and at grade-level. Since my kids have graduated, the teachers unions along with the SJWs have fucking ruined public schools and turned them into ideology mills.

So, fuck that shit. I would never put my kids into today's public school environment until the SJW terrorists are purged entirely from the system.

I'm still not a fan of charters, because they are overwhelmingly run by greedy self-important charlatans who operate them as non-profits while drawing incredibly high salaries. And I know some folks on the WA Charter Commission who are sniveling fucking brown-nosing assholes. But to protect my kids and not waste their time in a normal public today, I might give charters a long look.
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited February 2023
    A bunch of Tug retardation in this thread.

TITTFT
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,062
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Can we get back to Yoga pants, bombing Hiluxs and the merits of Jeep vs Range Rover?
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,899
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

LebamDawg said:

I had a Lexus GX460 that was dynamite, then downsized to a 350RX - both were the best vehicles I ever owned. None would haul a 43 ft RV so bye. Will buy another one when the traveling days are done.

Are foreign soccer moms allowed?

and soccer MILFs?

Thank you for bringing this thread back around.
    Thank Allah
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,775
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

dflea said:

Hooking a hot steelhead excites me. So do soccer moms. Driving a car on the street just doesn't. I just want to get to where the steelhead are biting and not get left in the woods, ever, and my Tacoma has done a great job of that. It's also nice to have a truck rather than an SUV so you can throw dead creatures in the bed and don't have to worry about getting blood or fish slime on the upholstery. No kids at my house any more so they're out of the equation completely.

I feel like I’ve had more random HH efren meet ups than most here. Driving down OP back roads in a Tacoma with 325 k while the little midget fish fucker @dflea is smoking weed and talking shit is a highlight no doubt.
    Skidding across an ice sheet at the top of Pine Martin wasn’t?

Sad.

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,899
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    pawz said:

dflea said:

Hooking a hot steelhead excites me. So do soccer moms. Driving a car on the street just doesn't. I just want to get to where the steelhead are biting and not get left in the woods, ever, and my Tacoma has done a great job of that. It's also nice to have a truck rather than an SUV so you can throw dead creatures in the bed and don't have to worry about getting blood or fish slime on the upholstery. No kids at my house any more so they're out of the equation completely.

I feel like I’ve had more random HH efren meet ups than most here. Driving down OP back roads in a Tacoma with 325 k while the little midget fish fucker @dflea is smoking weed and talking shit is a highlight no doubt.
    Skidding across an ice sheet at the top of Pine Martin wasn’t?

Sad.

Patience @pawz

I’ve got a post in the works
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,829
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Had a Highlander rental a few weeks ago

HFNY said:

You couldn't pay me to drive a Toyota. They have all the excitement of a dishwasher.

Actually, if they made a dishwasher I'd probably buy that from them.

Excitement isn’t a criteria for me.

Audi, BMW, Acura, etc doesn’t make the type of vehicle I need.

The closest thing would be a Chevy Z71 Tahoe. Is than a exciting vehicle? I don’t think it’s better made than a Toyota.
    I get having one Toyota for what you're describing, but two? I just have never had brand loyalty when it comes to anything.
    Ok @BleachedAnusDawg you got me on that point, and now I have to do a self indulgent, @Tequilla long, didn't read, shit post with FREE PUB for all.

So when we moved to White Wakanda, Mrs Snow had a 2016 Acura MDX which was a great vehicle. Great power, speed and handling for a mid-size cross over and definitely not long in the tooth. But if you wanna be a proper family of 4 here you need a REAL Canyonero for hauling 2 adults and 4 kids to B-day parties, the lake, skiing, etc, etc. The MDX had a 3rd row seat, but was just way too tight for 6 or 7 people, and it sucked ass going down rough USFS roads to the lakes and what not.

Enter the 2022 TRD Pro Sequoia which @creepycoug talked me into. Yes, they have an outdated motor and interior compared to the comp set, but they are Zombie apocalypse proof @PurpleBaze approved. I just don't trust Chevy and Ford based on previous bad experiences.

But the challenge now is we have two 4 Runners sitting in the garage- i.e., my 2006 SR5 and the Sequoia which is an oversized 4 Runner basically. The '06 4 Runner has ridiculously low miles on it and is in great shape and it's hard to let something that was paid for long ago go. It's basically the spare vehicle that doesn't get drive much.

At some point though, Mrs Snow's vehicle vanity will get out of control and we'll ditch the 4 Runner. And she's not Toyota person due to the lack of "excitement". So we're probably looking at something like an Audi Q4 wagon or Q5 Crossover. Plenty of douchey excitement factor. @Swaye keeps grinding on me to look at Porsche Macaan or Cayan which are the official rich MILF cars of Bend, but I'm worried about leg room. I'm not a midget injun after all who can fit in a small cock (lulz) pit.

In short you’re right we don’t need 2 Toyotas. It’s redundant.
    The Sequoia is a good rig for what you're using it for, for sure. I forgot that you tall fuckers can't fit in most of the fun cars, but there are a bunch of "SUV's" with big horsepower these days.
    I can actually fit better in an Audi Q5 or BMW X3 which I think are both "fun" cars. More headroom and leg room for the driver than a Sequoia, but there's no fucking room for anything else in 'em.
    A buddy of mine bought a new X3M. That would be a fun car, for sure.
    Little Piss 2.0 goes to a private school, pre-k program with lots of affluent parents (public kindergarten next year cause we're pour). There's a few dad's that drop off in 911's. They probably have white dial Daytonas.

I want a fun car, damn it!
    Yeah, Doog_bot v2.0 and 3.0 go to a nice OC private school and most of the parents are driving newer Tesla, Porsche, but also quite a few Lexus/Toyotas.

The wife has the high end version of the Toyota Highlander and officially has made the transition to upper-middle class OC mom from trashy NJ transplant.

Meanwhile, I'm still driving my 02 Dodge Dakota. It keeps breaking but I keep being able to fix it myself for so cheap it's hard to be motivated to spend $60k+ on a new truck that I won't even be able to change the oil on without hacking the on-board computer for the reset.

I think my plan at this point is to wait until a solid recession from rising interest rates and then pickup something like a 2014 Tacoma with low miles where it's not quite so old but I can still work on it myself.

Here's some pics to keep the thread on track.

I know that piece of shit truck!! You just need to take it to Mako.

I can't wait to get the fuck outta private school @UW_Doog_Bot and get a pay raise.

White Wakanda has some pretty good public schools, which is what high RE prices should get ya.
    Currently overhauling the transmission. Might consider paint after that. Working in the world that I do the grunts on the ground appreciate what it says about me that I have a truck like that and not something shiny and new with no dirt on it.

We'll never go back to public. Without getting super tuggy about it my kids are 1-2 years ahead instead of 2 years behind like the public schools are averaging after covid. Plus, with the costs of after school, all the public school holidays, summer camp, etc. The price difference is negligible. I guess I could afford a truck payment if they didn't go to private with the difference but then I wouldn't get to talk with Mrs. Doog_bot about which of the private school trophy mom's we'd sodomize together.

Not to get super tuggy, but yeah a public school can’t be good if it’s not fucking open in the first place. I mean we had to go private for 1st grade. But 2nd and 3rd grade public have gone great and we’re reading like 2 grades ahead now.

I don’t think there’s a right or wrong answer here. But if the public option is really good (ours is) I’d rather take that tuition and put it in the Pump my Gas Duck college fund. Plus I’m cheap AF and hate the idea of paying twice for schooling.

But if things aren’t going well, we can always revert back to private.
    What do you think about charter schools and do you like the concept of voucher schools? The average homeowner in Seattle pays about $10k a year and being forced into the local school without any choice seems very antiquated.
    If you guysm are going to turn this into a public vs. Private school thred at least have the decency to provide interesting pictures.

Private wins hands down.
    Quit plagiarizing my schtick, fucko.