Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Grubb

Comments

• Options
    LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,756
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    ntxduck said:

doogville said:

And for the record, I don’t think Saban offers him the job.

Grubb has exactly one notable line on his resume - UW Offense 2022. Everything else wouldn’t even get him interviewed to be a position coach at Alabama. Never coached in the SEC footprint. Always been attached at the hip to DeBoner. Can’t recruit at an elite level. Etc.

I just think Saban will have better options (or folks he thinks are better fits for the pressure-cooker of Alabama).

And so Grubb will fuck with the team culture just to feed his ego.

Some Bama follower on Facebook College Frenzy is saying it's a done deal. I'm not really pissed off at Grubb because I know KD is the mastermind but why jump coaching trees? It doesn't make sense unless there's some beef that's been brewing
    Dude wants to win a title. It’s a no brainer. Let’s grubb skip a HC level, too. From UW you go from coordinator to HC at a g5 or low level p5. Bama coordinators go to be HC at Texas, Tennessee, and UGA.
    quit plagarizing my shit fucko.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,977
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

doogville said:

Grubb has exactly one notable line on his resume - UW Offense 2022. Everything else wouldn’t even get him interviewed to be a position coach at Alabama. Never coached in the SEC footprint. Always been attached at the hip to DeBoner. Can’t recruit at an elite level. Etc.

I just think Saban will have better options (or folks he thinks are better fits for the pressure-cooker of Alabama).

Some Bama follower on Facebook College Frenzy is saying it's a done deal. I'm not really pissed off at Grubb because I know KD is the mastermind but why jump coaching trees? It doesn't make sense unless there's some beef that's been brewing
    Money.

Top Saban assistants can get jobs to run SEC programs. If he stuck around uw he is not getting that type of offer next season. For those that have not realized it yet, the pac 12 is a farm system for big time college football. If uw has the season it is capable of next season, it will be hard to hang on to deboer.
  • Options
    RTDRTD Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 782
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    Founders Club
    It’s a good move till Bama misses the playoff next year.
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,605
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    LawDawg1 said:

doogville said:

Getting this guy 2 raises in 3 months to keep him doesn't sound like a beef. Probably wants to be a head coach at a premier program and being OC at UW and then Alabama gets him there much faster.

TLDR: OC at UW gets you Cal as a head coach. OC at Alabama gets you almost anything you want - including Texas.

doogville said:

I could see Bama making a play to get Penix, Odunze, and McMillan. That's what Eklund was suggesting today. Seems like a long shot, but the only answer that would be worth paying Grubb's buyout IMO.

I just don't see why they would want Grubb so bad. Unless they really want to copy UW's offensive schemes and verbiage, which were great.
  • Options
    LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,756
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Can't wait for the Grubb to teach the SEC and everyone how to defend against the scheme.
  • Options
    gmogmo Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,644
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

What are you hearing, @CFetters_Nacho_Lover?

all my reports are delivered respectfully, accented by nice background piano (Steinway) music.

I don't charge the standard $9.95+ tax subscription fee, either. Perhaps, I should take a long walk and reconsider?
    75% off right now a yearly subscription according to the twatter.
    Where else do you see things 75% off? Marshall's Clearance rack... Halloween items on Nov 1st... broken furniture at Big Lots. Ya know, shit that is hard to give away let alone sell... pretty much zero value at all.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

LawDawg1 said:

doogville said:

Getting this guy 2 raises in 3 months to keep him doesn't sound like a beef. Probably wants to be a head coach at a premier program and being OC at UW and then Alabama gets him there much faster.

TLDR: OC at UW gets you Cal as a head coach. OC at Alabama gets you almost anything you want - including Texas.

doogville said:

I could see Bama making a play to get Penix, Odunze, and McMillan. That's what Eklund was suggesting today. Seems like a long shot, but the only answer that would be worth paying Grubb's buyout IMO.

I just don't see why they would want Grubb so bad. Unless they really want to copy UW's offensive schemes and verbiage, which were great.
    Bama isn't buying two UW WRs a UW QB and a UW OC. There is zero chance.
  • Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,016
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,437
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    dnc said:

LawDawg1 said:

doogville said:

doogville said:

Why would Penix go with Grubb and not stay with the mastermind behind the offense. It was DeBoer who was OC when Penix exploded on everyone
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,513
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    LawDawg1 said:

ntxduck said:

LawDawg1 said:

doogville said:

doogville said:

There is a 0% chance of this happening.
    Eklund was his source. LOL
    Ty Simpson to UW confirmed
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,605
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    dnc said:

LawDawg1 said:

doogville said:

doogville said:

Grubb is not that great. I don't really see the upside for Bama.

Don't think it would happen but Drake Maye was getting big offers after this season.

I'm not concerned with losing Grubb at all really.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Did weº loose yet?
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,115
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    I’m trying to work through the OSN… is this a net positive or negative? Can we hang future bama banners?
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,565
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I’ve also heard Tulane OC and Greg Roman.