Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,549
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Chinteresting

Portal QB incoming?
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Grubb has said in the past that they want 4 QBs on the roster at a given time. They won't go into 2023 with just 2
  • Options
    PenacePenace Member Posts: 494
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Wish it was Morris. Huard was to me a top 5 all-time sweatpants boner inducing teen-boi. Fuck I actually was sure that he would start as a true frosh.

I wonder what is his appropriate level of play? Low end P5? Wac? D2?
  • Options
    Geevis_and_ButtheadGeevis_and_Butthead Member Posts: 985
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Canadawg said:

That's too bad. Would have been fun if he was good enough

National Top 25 prospect according to the savants at 247 Sports yet couldn't dislodge the limited Dylan Morris from the backup job.

Pretty sure the coaches saw enough to know what Huard could or couldn't do (at this point anyway). The reports that he was slow to grasp the offense (hello, Jacob Eason) were a concern, particularly because Sam's size and athletic ability aren't elite.

Credit to DeBoer and Grubb for not caving in to any pressure — whether from his family ties or recruiting pedigree — and putting Huard above Morris on the depth chart if he hadn't earned it.

Be interested to see where Sam ends up. Seems like he might have a school in mind since he's portaling now instead of waiting to go though spring practice and see what opens up elsewhere?
  • Options
    Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,943
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited January 2023
    Cal & Stanford are the only two Pac schools where he could potentially transfer into and compete for the starting job for next year.

Fresno State, & San Diego State are also good options, Haener graduated and SDSU hasn’t had a decent QB for forever. Can’t say I know enough about the non west coach options to know what’s feasible. He will have too much pride as a former five star to transfer to Poly imo.
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,605
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes

Huard still looks like a high school sophomore which is when he got his 5 star.

I was hoping with covid and a redshirt by his 6th or 7th year he could be a man

Yeah, both he and Smalls got crowned when they were 14 or 15. These evaluators are not going to say, whoops, I fucked up, once the recruits get too famous.
  • Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,017
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    bah gawd thats jeff tedford's music!
  • Options
    Geevis_and_ButtheadGeevis_and_Butthead Member Posts: 985
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited January 2023

Yeah, both he and Smalls got crowned when they were 14 or 15. These evaluators are not going to say, whoops, I fucked up, once the recruits get too famous.

FSP and HeirFootball bumps in the 247 rankings are a real thing.

#RelationshipsMatter
  • Options
    DoogerMcFarlandDoogerMcFarland Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 739
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Canadawg said:

That's too bad. Would have been fun if he was good enough

National Top 25 prospect according to the savants at 247 Sports yet couldn't dislodge the limited Dylan Morris from the backup job.

Pretty sure the coaches saw enough to know what Huard could or couldn't do (at this point anyway). The reports that he was slow to grasp the offense (hello, Jacob Eason) were a concern, particularly because Sam's size and athletic ability aren't elite.

Credit to DeBoer and Grubb for not caving in to any pressure — whether from his family ties or recruiting pedigree — and putting Huard above Morris on the depth chart if he hadn't earned it.

Be interested to see where Sam ends up. Seems like he might have a school in mind since he's portaling now instead of waiting to go though spring practice and see what opens up elsewhere?
    Show some respect! That's top 247 recruit limited backup Dylan Morris.