Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Looks like I am right again

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,443
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

The guys that want to stay in a shit league to "make" the playoffs with 12 teams talking shit about the league that put two out of 4

Losers

The best route for UW is the Big 10 if possible. But that doesn't mean I'm going to enjoy seeing the Pacific coast rivalries mostly come to an end. (Assuming that just UW and Oregon join).
    Joining with Oregon keeps the three games I care about in play

I won't miss the rest.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,581
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

ntxduck said:

Clemson is no longer a playoff team

Has the game passed Dabo by?
    Church tent preacher Dabo has entered the “I want to play unathletic white dudes over more talented players and also get my talentless son some reps” stage of his career
    I saw the Tennessee game too

Shocking regression
    Clemson was missing those big, athletic WR they trotted out for a decade and speed at LB. They were more than a QB away from competing in a semi final.
    This is true, they weren't winning this year but if they had a decent QB they would have been in the semi final instead of Ohio State

Dabo seems reluctant to embrace NIL and the portal which could spell doom. Or he adapts and continues to run a train on the ACC

LIPO
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

ntxduck said:

Church tent preacher Dabo has entered the “I want to play unathletic white dudes over more talented players and also get my talentless son some reps” stage of his career

Shocking regression
    People forget that Wake Forest damned near beat Clemson and probably should have. People forget that.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,475
    Swaye's Wigwam
    And yet, just as many wins as our Dawgs.

In all honesty, Dabo is trying to keep the plane from crash landing long enough to take over for Saban. He's been at Clemson forever, it's hard to sustain what he's done.

11-3 and a conference title is a down year. But they're not trending up.
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

The guys that want to stay in a shit league to "make" the playoffs with 12 teams talking shit about the league that put two out of 4

Losers

The best route for UW is the Big 10 if possible. But that doesn't mean I'm going to enjoy seeing the Pacific coast rivalries mostly come to an end. (Assuming that just UW and Oregon join).

I won't miss the rest.
    I would still want Cal, and Furd if possible. Then you would be able to do a pod and have a semblance of the PAC feel while still playing B1G teams 4-5 times a year.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Excuses

It's what's for losers

Posts that dont actually say anything

It's for Race

Your beloved B1G teams cant even beat TCU
    UW wouldn’t beat TCU either
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

Excuses

It's what's for losers

Posts that dont actually say anything

It's for Race

Your beloved B1G teams cant even beat TCU
    UW wouldn’t beat TCU either
    It's 50/50 depending on how well Penix plays.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Canadawg said:

Losers

I won't miss the rest.
    I would still want Cal, and Furd if possible. Then you would be able to do a pod and have a semblance of the PAC feel while still playing B1G teams 4-5 times a year.
    Keep Oregon State and Wazzu too. It's the Zona schools and Colorado that don't belong.

Utah I'm indifferent on
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Canadawg said:

Losers

I won't miss the rest.
    Keep Oregon State and Wazzu too. It's the Zona schools and Colorado that don't belong.

Utah I'm indifferent on
    Once SC/UCLA leave, the only two natty winning teams in the conference are UW and Colorado.

Colorado is a high ceiling program whether you like to admit or not. The Arizona schools bring a lot to the table as far as territory and recruiting. More and more SoCal transplants head there and the talent pool has been swelling. Also proximity to Texas.

• Options
    Founders Club
    Doogles said:

Canadawg said:

Losers

I won't miss the rest.

Utah I'm indifferent on
    Once SC/UCLA leave, the only two natty winning teams in the conference are UW and Colorado.

Colorado is a high ceiling program whether you like to admit or not. The Arizona schools bring a lot to the table as far as territory and recruiting. More and more SoCal transplants head there and the talent pool has been swelling. Also proximity to Texas.

Ideally the B1G and the Pac would merge. Play the conference CC game in the Rose Bowl

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Doogles said:

Canadawg said:

Losers

I won't miss the rest.

Utah I'm indifferent on

Ideally the B1G and the Pac would merge. Play the conference CC game in the Rose Bowl

EWIWBI

It's going to be hilarious when the money dries up once college football because an unrecognizable farm system for the NFL with little attachment to the Universities. Add the CTE lawsuits with a few more "kids" collapsing on primetime, they're going to kill the golden goose.

One thing that is special about UW next season is how many longterm players have opted to comeback. It truly feels like an old school team with recognizable faces and stars that we've watched grow in real time.

This won't be the norm without NIL/Portal reform. Enjoy it while it lasts.
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,516
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Doogles said:

Canadawg said:

Losers

I won't miss the rest.

Utah I'm indifferent on

Colorado is much closer to the part of Texas that matters than Arizona
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    ntxduck said:

Doogles said:

Canadawg said:

Losers

I won't miss the rest.

Utah I'm indifferent on

Colorado is much closer to the part of Texas that matters than Arizona
    Not really. Boulder to Dallas is a 12 hour drive, Tucson 13, Phoenix 15. Tucson and Boulder are basically an equal drive to Houston. I don't think there's any significant advantage/disadvantage either way here.
  • Options
    SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

ntxduck said:

Shocking regression
    Clemson was missing those big, athletic WR they trotted out for a decade and speed at LB. They were more than a QB away from competing in a semi final.
    This is true, they weren't winning this year but if they had a decent QB they would have been in the semi final instead of Ohio State

Dabo seems reluctant to embrace NIL and the portal which could spell doom. Or he adapts and continues to run a train on the ACC

LIPO
    Dab has been on record pushing back and not wanting to except the new reality of college ball, well, now legal way.

If he wants to aspire to be the next Tide coach, which he does let no one fool ya, he better tighten up and get with the current program. His pod at OU as well.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    SECDAWG said:

ntxduck said:

Shocking regression

LIPO
    Dab has been on record pushing back and not wanting to except the new reality of college ball, well, now legal way.

If he wants to aspire to be the next Tide coach, which he does let no one fool ya, he better tighten up and get with the current program. His pod at OU as well.
    @DerekJohnson, Is @SECDAWG the type of poster you had in mind? If so, it's not working.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,107
    Founders Club

SECDAWG said:

ntxduck said:

Shocking regression

LIPO

@DerekJohnson, Is @SECDAWG the type of poster you had in mind? If so, it's not working.
    hardy har har. Jim Mora to the Seattle Storm!
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    Founders Club

SECDAWG said:

ntxduck said:

Shocking regression

LIPO

Oh, grumble.