Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

this bored needs to apologize to

2»

Comments

• CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,047
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Huge overcorrection to an ok game by an ok RB
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    TheHB said:

I’d say, with Penix, they ran the ball the right amount of the tim.

AGREE
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,958
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Papa is okay to have on the roster but not anyone that should get consistent run. He was the most consistent of the bunch but horrible in short yardage. That TD catch vs MSU made me hard though.
  • Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,076
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    LebamDawg said:

for all the shit I complain about on defense I am shocked after seeing this

We? are third in the PAC12

The problem with yards/game is that the more drives, etc the more yards you'll end up having. Strangely enough when looking at yards/play we edge into second...
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,467
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    chuck said:

I don't feel at all bad for anything I've said about him. He had crucial drops, a crucial fumble, and danced his way to failure on multiple short yardage plays early on.

He took advantage of some gaping holes and made them pay and made that sweet td catch. There's a reason Davis had 13 rushing TDs and took over as rb1 in the red zone after the first few games though.

I get the emotional stuff, the fact he's a senior and one year guy who won hearts and minds and all that. Awesome. He's still the rb I've described him as.

I forgot he had the critical fumble against UCLA

I retract some of this poast
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam

The bored trashed him to prop up your boy Huff. Davis played great too down the stretch

Amazing how when everyone does their job everyone looks good. This team kept improving and played their best ball in November which is a sign of a good head coach

Weird season. No one wanted to believe until it is over. Now I want more

You'll get more next year, right?
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,045
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

The stats are funny. Sure 4.7 ypc, but how many times this year did we have 4th and 1, and could not do it?

Get an avatar you fucking savage.
  • LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,751
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    LebamDawg said:

for all the shit I complain about on defense I am shocked after seeing this

We? are third in the PAC12

Impossible. Coug had the best allegedly.
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,484
    Founders Club

If you look at Papa and this collection of running backs, it was probably the least productive group since 2002.

I dunno about that. If you look at the stats, we averaged 4.7 ypc as a team for the year. Papa averaged 6.2 with 10 TDs and Davis averaged 4.9 with 13TDs. The worst RB who saw non garbage time minutes was Nixon at 4.2. If Grubb didn’t hate the run so much, Papa is probably over 1000 and Davis isn’t far behind. Granted, the string of running backs we had in the time frame you mentioned is pretty crazy. Rankin, Polk, Sankey, Gaskin, Coleman, Ahmed. I’m probably forgetting someone too. This group is way better than the shit we ran out there last two years. 08 was obviously terrible, as were a couple other teams post Neuhiesel. I’ve been critical of the run game this year, but this group is probably 13th-14th if you stack it up against the RB groups the last 20 years, and we had some fucking legends on almost a yearly basis starting with Polk in 09.
    Dwayne Washington

...and honorable mention Deonte "not a dry eye" Cooper.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,720
    Founders Club

If you look at Papa and this collection of running backs, it was probably the least productive group since 2002.

I dunno about that. If you look at the stats, we averaged 4.7 ypc as a team for the year. Papa averaged 6.2 with 10 TDs and Davis averaged 4.9 with 13TDs. The worst RB who saw non garbage time minutes was Nixon at 4.2. If Grubb didn’t hate the run so much, Papa is probably over 1000 and Davis isn’t far behind. Granted, the string of running backs we had in the time frame you mentioned is pretty crazy. Rankin, Polk, Sankey, Gaskin, Coleman, Ahmed. I’m probably forgetting someone too. This group is way better than the shit we ran out there last two years. 08 was obviously terrible, as were a couple other teams post Neuhiesel. I’ve been critical of the run game this year, but this group is probably 13th-14th if you stack it up against the RB groups the last 20 years, and we had some fucking legends on almost a yearly basis starting with Polk in 09.
    I never thought I'd love a UW RB as much as I loved Polk. I had a well documented man crush on him that you can read about in Derek's technically gifted writing book Rooting From Afar. And then Sankey shows up and while he didn't impede on my borderline homoerotic love for Polk, he came close. And then along comes MMFG and I'm fucking spoiled by 3 great RBs in a row at UW.
    I forgot about that project