Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

this bored needs to apologize to

PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,549
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Founders Club
edited November 2022 in Hardcore Husky Board
Wayne Taulapapa. I like the guy, he came in and earned a C badge, and he is a versatile back even if he doesnt excel at any one thing (maybe pass pro/leadership?)

TYFYS Wayne.

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Wayne would be fine if he could catch. So many drops though. I don't understand why he got so much run.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,909
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Listened to the rb coach on sports radio a couple of weeks ago and he raved about Talapaupa and said he would take Wayne over ANY back in college football. Intangibles etc.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,983
    Founders Club

The bored trashed him to prop up your boy Huff. Davis played great too down the stretch

Amazing how when everyone does their job everyone looks good. This team kept improving and played their best ball in November which is a sign of a good head coach

Weird season. No one wanted to believe until it is over. Now I want more

I knew DeBoer was the guy when we drove down the fucking field/had Wayne gallop untouched 25 yards to take a 7-0 lead in Autzen

That takes big balls and the DAWGS of winters past never do that.
    It was from about 10 or 12 yard line
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    It was a 13 yarder
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,549
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

The bored trashed him to prop up your boy Huff. Davis played great too down the stretch

Amazing how when everyone does their job everyone looks good. This team kept improving and played their best ball in November which is a sign of a good head coach

Weird season. No one wanted to believe until it is over. Now I want more

I knew DeBoer was the guy when we drove down the fucking field/had Wayne gallop untouched 25 yards to take a 7-0 lead in Autzen

That takes big balls and the DAWGS of winters past never do that.
    It was from about 10 or 12 yard line
    Butt still
  • Options
    Founders Club
    If you look at Papa and this collection of running backs, it was probably the least productive group since 2002.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Listened to the rb coach on sports radio a couple of weeks ago and he raved about Talapaupa and said he would take Wayne over ANY back in college football. Intangibles etc.

It was a nice thing to say, but come on now. His steady presence was probably his best asset. Maybe not fumbling much at all.
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,474
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

If you look at Papa and this collection of running backs, it was probably the least productive group since 2002.

I dunno about that. If you look at the stats, we averaged 4.7 ypc as a team for the year. Papa averaged 6.2 with 10 TDs and Davis averaged 4.9 with 13TDs. The worst RB who saw non garbage time minutes was Nixon at 4.2. If Grubb didn’t hate the run so much, Papa is probably over 1000 and Davis isn’t far behind. Granted, the string of running backs we had in the time frame you mentioned is pretty crazy. Rankin, Polk, Sankey, Gaskin, Coleman, Ahmed. I’m probably forgetting someone too. This group is way better than the shit we ran out there last two years. 08 was obviously terrible, as were a couple other teams post Neuhiesel. I’ve been critical of the run game this year, but this group is probably 13th-14th if you stack it up against the RB groups the last 20 years, and we had some fucking legends on almost a yearly basis starting with Polk in 09.
  • Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,909
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2022

It was a nice thing to say, but come on now. His steady presence was probably his best asset. Maybe not fumbling much at all.
    I'm not stating my opinion on it. Just relaying what I heard on the radio. It was also the week after his teammates from the Virginia team were killed. Maybe he was being extra complimentary with that in mind.