Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The Mel Tucker quandry

Comments

• Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 3,992
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Who's in the market for DeBoer after 1 year? Nebraska?

Didn't Tucker have a connection to MSU? He was a grad assistant there.

Just trying to get a sense of how strong the market is for a 1 year of Power 5 experience DeBoer.

Texas Ass to Mouth (should be)
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Deboer moved his family up here only 5 months ago and his daughter is playing ball at UW. I expect he would give UW the chance to match any offer he got elsewhere at the very least
  • Options
    MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,121
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Doogles said:

Tucker also had the SEC Georgia shine and was hailed as a big-time recruiter for pulling guys to Colorado in his one season and understanding the bag game.

For a school like MSU that is probably 5th in line at best for recruits in the conference (7th with UCLA and SC incoming), they fell prey to the recruiter>coach trap

I specifically asked for no racist crap.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,257
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Baseman said:

Prior to 11-2, Tucker was a below-middling 7-12.

Our guy meanwhile ripped off 67-3 over 5 years. 4 Championship Apperances; 3 Natties.

@DerekJohnson. New Baseman disclaimer: GOOD/ELITE coach defined as Career Natties/Career Losses >= 1

I get it. DeBoner, unlike Dobie, never faced a ranked TCC or Lincoln High in a home opener.

NAIA? Sure. No boosters. No bagmen. Walk-on welcome girls, too, if you know what I mean. In Sioux Falls, when you say Fancy, you mean Folgers.

Pro-Deboner for those that haven't connected the dots. I wouldn't give him the Lorenzo lifetime pact yet. I do know Jen will do her best to fuck it up. Enjoy the moments, fellas.

This we can agree and count on.
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,572
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

This is why the terrorists hate us

You're talking domestic terrorists right? The foreign ones only hate us for fucking with their shit.
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,148
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Doogles said:

This is why the domestic terrorists hate us

Aren’t WE? the domestic terrorists?
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Baseman said:

Our guy meanwhile ripped off 67-3 over 5 years. 4 Championship Apperances; 3 Natties.

@DerekJohnson. New Baseman disclaimer: GOOD/ELITE coach defined as Career Natties/Career Losses >= 1

I get it. DeBoner, unlike Dobie, never faced a ranked TCC or Lincoln High in a home opener.

NAIA? Sure. No boosters. No bagmen. Walk-on welcome girls, too, if you know what I mean. In Sioux Falls, when you say Fancy, you mean Folgers.

Pro-Deboner for those that haven't connected the dots. I wouldn't give him the Lorenzo lifetime pact yet. I do know Jen will do her best to fuck it up. Enjoy the moments, fellas.

Agreed, @FireCohen
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,494
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tucker was a head scratcher when it happened. He beat UW but still.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,566
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited November 2022
    Baseman said:

Jen hired the guy though to her credit. It was obvious to everyone on here who knows football he was our best choice behind the wild Stoops rumors. There is a big thread about it if anyone needs a bump.

Sure you can bitch and say but but she reached out to Campbell and Aranda, PGOS!! I don't give a fuck, at the end of the day she hired DeBoer when it is obvious to anyone with half a brain he was the next up and coming G5 savant.

Cohen actually deserves credit for this, and I'll remain neutral until she either fucks it up or pays the man. If DeBoer wins us an NY6/Rose/Playoff Game at any point then Jen is a fucking folk hero.

Otherwise great poast.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,983
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

Baseman said:

Jen hired the guy though to her credit. It was obvious to everyone on here who knows football he was our best choice behind the wild Stoops rumors. There is a big thread about it if anyone needs a bump.

Sure you can bitch and say but but she reached out to Campbell and Aranda, PGOS!! I don't give a fuck, at the end of the day she hired DeBoer when it is obvious to anyone with half a brain he was the next up and coming G5 savant.

Cohen actually deserves credit for this, and I'll remain neutral until she either fucks it up or pays the man. If DeBoer wins us an NY6/Rose/Playoff Game at any point then Jen is a fucking folk hero.

Otherwise great poast.
    Pete hired himself.

She couldn’t land a bigger fish than the mtn west runner up if she tried last year. I am glad DeBoer was hired and he was the best available choice but I don’t give her credit for shit. She is a detriment to the program.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,566
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Baseman said:

Otherwise great poast.
    Pete hired himself.

She couldn’t land a bigger fish than the mtn west runner up if she tried last year. I am glad DeBoer was hired and he was the best available choice but I don’t give her credit for shit. She is a detriment to the program.
    She could've hired Wilcocks like a lot of this board was worried about, or hired some assistant like Oregon did.

Just because DeBoer was the obvious choice doesn't mean he wasn't the right one.
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,799
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Doogles said:

This is why the domestic terrorists hate us

Aren’t WE? the domestic terrorists?
    @NSA_Dawg could have answered that if he wasn't banned.
    @PurpleJ is still here. Hi @coronabruin!!

@PurpleBaze
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
  • Options
    coronabruincoronabruin Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,478
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

@coronabruin needs to DIAFF.

Make me. Pussy.