Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

The Mel Tucker quandry

13»

Comments

• UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,505 Swaye's Wigwam

Baseman said:

Prior to 11-2, Tucker was a below-middling 7-12.

Our guy meanwhile ripped off 67-3 over 5 years. 4 Championship Apperances; 3 Natties.

@DerekJohnson. New Baseman disclaimer: GOOD/ELITE coach defined as Career Natties/Career Losses >= 1

I get it. DeBoner, unlike Dobie, never faced a ranked TCC or Lincoln High in a home opener.

NAIA? Sure. No boosters. No bagmen. Walk-on welcome girls, too, if you know what I mean. In Sioux Falls, when you say Fancy, you mean Folgers.

Pro-Deboner for those that haven't connected the dots. I wouldn't give him the Lorenzo lifetime pact yet. I do know Jen will do her best to fuck it up. Enjoy the moments, fellas.

Jen hired the guy though to her credit. It was obvious to everyone on here who knows football he was our best choice behind the wild Stoops rumors. There is a big thread about it if anyone needs a bump.

Sure you can bitch and say but but she reached out to Campbell and Aranda, PGOS!! I don't give a fuck, at the end of the day she hired DeBoer when it is obvious to anyone with half a brain he was the next up and coming G5 savant.

Cohen actually deserves credit for this, and I'll remain neutral until she either fucks it up or pays the man. If DeBoer wins us an NY6/Rose/Playoff Game at any point then Jen is a fucking folk hero.

Otherwise great poast.
    Pete hired himself.

She couldn’t land a bigger fish than the mtn west runner up if she tried last year. I am glad DeBoer was hired and he was the best available choice but I don’t give her credit for shit. She is a detriment to the program.
    She could've hired Wilcocks like a lot of this board was worried about, or hired some assistant like Oregon did.

Just because DeBoer was the obvious choice doesn't mean he wasn't the right one.
    She whiffed repeatedly and Deboer was the last guy still at the bar looking.

It's literally her incompetence to hire that saved us from her terrible assessments.
  • Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member Posts: 2,912

It's difficult. Even if Deboer gets to 10-2 and blows out Ohio State in the Rose Bowl, I'm concerned if they can't level up their recruiting and especially portal recruiting. I don't know how, especially on offense, they can't be appealing to transfers with how the offense looks.

But is that a Deboner problem or an upper campus problem. At some point Deboer will have his hands tied by UC. Does he decide to bag it or cstick to a system that doesn't favor his success.