Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Hardcore Husky Podcast: We'd rather be 2-6 with warts than 6-2 with warts

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,474 Founders Club
Just kidding @Houhusky!!! LOL lulz XOXOXO BFF!!!1!!!!

We'll be podding at noon today.

Speak now or forever hold your peace

Comments

• LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,787
    edited October 2022
    Will Tosh Lupoi stymie our offense and force the game plan like this first half at Cal? Or will we be too far behind from the start and will divert to the long bomb incompletions in quarter 1?
  • SonnyShackelfordSonnyShackelford Member Posts: 946
    Estimate of current line for UW @ Oregon?
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,823 Swaye's Wigwam
  • HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    Can you guys explain how it’s possible that the secondary is so bad that they can’t even intentionally cause a pass interference penalty let alone accidentally get called for one for just getting close to the other teams WRs?

How is it possible that the secondary is so collectively bad that Asa doesn’t even stand out as a uniquely bad player anymore?

Wtf do the LBs even do on the defense, I’m so distracted by treager perryman I still don’t know how it’s possible how the LBs slip into another dimension and somehow cover zero parts of the field despite appearing to be on the field on TV?

• haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,547 Swaye's Wigwam
    The touchdown Cal scored down the sideline at our ~30 yl on 3rd and 7.

Calling press man there was about dumbest call I've seen from these defensive coaches all year and singlehandedly got Cal back in the game.
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,823 Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

The touchdown Cal scored down the sideline at our ~30 yl on 3rd and 7.

Calling press man there was about dumbest call I've seen from these defensive coaches all year and singlehandedly got Cal back in the game.

The talent sucks, but this kind of shit is inexcusable. It’s like the staff doesn’t do any coaching at all.
  • HHBruhHHBruh Member Posts: 501
    Chances (50-100%) we(?) were overlooking Cal for bi week and the Beav??
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,551 Founders Club
    When (if ever) will we at least be even with the Ducks? This is pathetic...
  • hardhathardhat Member Posts: 8,343
    Will there be any assistant coach changes? What are the big money donors saying?
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,711 Swaye's Wigwam
    What is your dream bowl match-up for this season?
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,474 Founders Club

What is your dream bowl match-up for this season?

pod ended an hour ago. good question though
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,043 Standard Supporter
    Was there a Jordan perryman appreciation segment?
    Answer = Fuck nah
    HHBruh said:

Chances (50-100%) we(?) were overlooking Cal for bi week and the Beav??

I suggested we(?) call him Traeger.

Maybe there should be a segment “smoke of the week” maybe that’s also negative but taken In the spirit in which it’s intended, if you can’t Laff, you’re gonna cry and slit your wrists eventually

Was there a Jordan perryman appreciation segment?

• BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    Houhusky said:

Can you guys explain how it’s possible that the secondary is so bad that they can’t even intentionally cause a pass interference penalty let alone accidentally get called for one for just getting close to the other teams WRs?

How is it possible that the secondary is so collectively bad that Asa doesn’t even stand out as a uniquely bad player anymore?

Wtf do the LBs even do on the defense, I’m so distracted by treager perryman I still don’t know how it’s possible how the LBs slip into another dimension and somehow cover zero parts of the field despite appearing to be on the field on TV?

Start here: Death row NFL DB factory offering/giving a second-team HS corner a scholarship was the first hint of something amiss. There was a time when a Myles Bryant sort forwent scholarship offers to walk-on at Washington.

• HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,602
    TheHB said:

+17.5

That's about right, maybe 14.5 at very best if the D looks somewhat improved against Oregon State after the bye week.

I acutally don't think Perryman and Powell are THAT bad, it's the D-coaches who keep treating Perryman like he is some shutdown / All Pac-12 corner when he's obviously not even honorable mention. If Perryman is in man coverage against the opposing team's #1 WR, he needs help most of the time.

If the DL can get pretty good / consistent pressure while rushing 4 against better teams, that will allow the co DCs to drop 7 and mix up coverage looks. Have they even run much Cover 2 or Cover 3? Turner would at least be decent as the deep safety and Perryman and Powell both have good length for the Cover 3. Hampton and Cook run well enough to be the part of the 4 under. I'd prefer to have Eddie O. and Bruener on the field in 3rd and medium and 3rd and long.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,043 Standard Supporter
    HFNY said:

TheHB said:

+17.5

That's about right, maybe 14.5 at very best if the D looks somewhat improved against Oregon State after the bye week.

I acutally don't think Perryman and Powell are THAT bad, it's the D-coaches who keep treating Perryman like he is some shutdown / All Pac-12 corner when he's obviously not even honorable mention. If Perryman is in man coverage against the opposing team's #1 WR, he needs help most of the time.

If the DL can get pretty good / consistent pressure while rushing 4 against better teams, that will allow the co DCs to drop 7 and mix up coverage looks. Have they even run much Cover 2 or Cover 3? Turner would at least be decent as the deep safety and Perryman and Powell both have good length for the Cover 3. Hampton and Cook run well enough to be the part of the 4 under. I'd prefer to have Eddie O. and Bruener on the field in 3rd and medium and 3rd and long.
    Perryman isn’t even the picture on some of the touchdowns he gives up in man coverage.

Agreed that we should be playing zone though.
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,529 Swaye's Wigwam

HFNY said:

TheHB said:

+17.5

Perryman isn’t even the picture on some of the touchdowns he gives up in man coverage.

Agreed that we should be playing zone though.
    @Tequilla for new defensive coordinator?