Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Hardcore Husky Podcast: We'd rather be 2-6 with warts than 6-2 with warts

2»

Comments

• HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,602
    Baseman said:

Houhusky said:

Can you guys explain how it’s possible that the secondary is so bad that they can’t even intentionally cause a pass interference penalty let alone accidentally get called for one for just getting close to the other teams WRs?

How is it possible that the secondary is so collectively bad that Asa doesn’t even stand out as a uniquely bad player anymore?

Wtf do the LBs even do on the defense, I’m so distracted by treager perryman I still don’t know how it’s possible how the LBs slip into another dimension and somehow cover zero parts of the field despite appearing to be on the field on TV?

Start here: Death row NFL DB factory offering/giving a second-team HS corner a scholarship was the first hint of something amiss. There was a time when a Myles Bryant sort forwent scholarship offers to walk-on at Washington.

I am nearly certain DeBoer is the one who gave Mish Powell the scholarship. Powell did pass up scholarships from other schools to walk-on at UW and betting on himself worked #MyIrish
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,043 Standard Supporter
    HFNY said:

Baseman said:

Houhusky said:

Can you guys explain how it’s possible that the secondary is so bad that they can’t even intentionally cause a pass interference penalty let alone accidentally get called for one for just getting close to the other teams WRs?

How is it possible that the secondary is so collectively bad that Asa doesn’t even stand out as a uniquely bad player anymore?

Wtf do the LBs even do on the defense, I’m so distracted by treager perryman I still don’t know how it’s possible how the LBs slip into another dimension and somehow cover zero parts of the field despite appearing to be on the field on TV?

Start here: Death row NFL DB factory offering/giving a second-team HS corner a scholarship was the first hint of something amiss. There was a time when a Myles Bryant sort forwent scholarship offers to walk-on at Washington.

I am nearly certain DeBoer is the one who gave Mish Powell the scholarship. Powell did pass up scholarships from other schools to walk-on at UW and betting on himself worked #MyIrish
    Giving him the scholarship at this point was irrelevant. He was one of the best they had when he got here.
  • DawgDaze71DawgDaze71 Member Posts: 708
    Remember when we wanted Chance Tucker so badly and lost him to ND? He’s not doing much and this year’s ND team does not look talented. I think DB are just hard to project once you get beyond the physically/athletically gifted cream of the crop
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,945 Swaye's Wigwam

Remember when we wanted Chance Tucker so badly and lost him to ND? He’s not doing much and this year’s ND team does not look talented. I think DB are just hard to project once you get beyond the physically/athletically gifted cream of the crop

UW's DBs don't look very physically gifted at all. I've seen plenty of amazing athletes that weren't good DBs. UW has had its share. These guys dont even qualify for that conversation though. Asa, painful as it is to say, sticks out like a sore thumb out there because he can actually run and move like a high end, FBS athlete.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,474 Founders Club

Asa was a big recruiting win for shit talkin Jimmy and the DAWGS. Petersen was leveling up. Notre Dame lost more than one player to UW

Those were the days

• DawgDaze71DawgDaze71 Member Posts: 708
    chuck said:

UW's DBs don't look very physically gifted at all. I've seen plenty of amazing athletes that weren't good DBs. UW has had its share. These guys dont even qualify for that conversation though. Asa, painful as it is to say, sticks out like a sore thumb out there because he can actually run and move like a high end, FBS athlete.
    Asa play depends on his mental. When he's on he's flying to the the ball and getting there and making things happen. The Asa we expected when we recruited him. The "other" Asa is the disaffected player that is a step too slow. Asa revealing his family issues kind of tells me why he's be erratic.

Davon Banks needs a lot of work. He's a fast straight line kid but his change of direction, backpedal and other techniques lead me to believe he believed himself to be perhaps a WR in school and started focusing on DB when it became clear he wasn't going to be a WR at the next level. I think the play that really stands out is the RZ TD he gave up against Arizona where he turns and follows the WR and then tries to 180 around too late. Good to know the QB can read the name on the back of the jersey of the DB he's about to toast.

• AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,043 Standard Supporter

chuck said:

Asa play depends on his mental. When he's on he's flying to the the ball and getting there and making things happen. The Asa we expected when we recruited him. The "other" Asa is the disaffected player that is a step too slow. Asa revealing his family issues kind of tells me why he's be erratic.

Davon Banks needs a lot of work. He's a fast straight line kid but his change of direction, backpedal and other techniques lead me to believe he believed himself to be perhaps a WR in school and started focusing on DB when it became clear he wasn't going to be a WR at the next level. I think the play that really stands out is the RZ TD he gave up against Arizona where he turns and follows the WR and then tries to 180 around too late. Good to know the QB can read the name on the back of the jersey of the DB he's about to toast.

Asa and family issues don’t have anything to do with him not being a good football player.