Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

My thoughts on the secondary

SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,045
First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
Founders Club

Comments

• GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Houhusky said:

People forget that I was the first to point out that the offense was good enough to win 9+ games and the defense bad enough to lose 6+ games right after OUR best win of the season, Kent State.

I remember when people were talking about the difference between having a good offense and having a good defense and being happy about it.

Fuck yourself, it was actually me who made this point first.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,796
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Houhusky said:

People forget that I was the first to point out that the offense was good enough to win 9+ games and the defense bad enough to lose 6+ games right after OUR best win of the season, Kent State.

I remember when people were talking about the difference between having a good offense and having a good defense and being happy about it.

I'll take losing 40-32 at 4-0 UCLA in a sloppy ass effort

to losing 13-7 at dogshit ASU with Pete
    We lost and played like shit. But yeah, I generally agree with your sentiments.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    All the starters are hurt.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Houhusky said:

I got yelled at by Doogs for mentioning this.
  • biak1biak1 Member Posts: 3,982
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    UCLA just converted another 3rd down.
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,587
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    biak1 said:

UCLA just converted another 3rd down.

Two UW dbs just declined the opportunity to tackle someone for minimal gain.
  • RTDRTD Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 782
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    Founders Club
    DeeTR, Chardonnay, and Bonobo killed us.

RevereseRocketLaunch.gif
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2022

Houhusky said:

It was blowout. It not like it was tied and UCLA scored a late TD for the win. Garbage time TDs don’t make it a close game. That’s what I was hearing after the MSU game.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,350
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Houhusky said:

It was blowout. It not like it was tied and UCLA scored a late TD for the win. Garbage time TDs don’t make it a close game. That’s what I was hearing after the MSU game.
    It was a blowout because UW needed one more stop everyone knew they weren't getting.

Scoring 8 and then needing UCLA to punt once with 4-5 minutes left, there was a better chance to tie than MSU had at the end of that game.

I think they had UCLA on a 3rd and long too.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,467
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Houhusky said:

UCLA got the ball with 4 minutes left in a one score game. It was a close game. Christ.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,718
    Founders Club
    biak1 said:

UCLA just converted another 3rd down and 18.

Swaye's Wigwam

Houhusky said:

UCLA got the ball with 4 minutes left in a one score game. It was a close game. Christ.
    Now do the MSU game. UW got blown out. Maybe it's too soon and we need wait until tell the truth Tuesday to face that fact.