Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Players on the sideline (more doog bait)

13»

Comments

• Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited September 2022

A lot of fuckos expect a coach who can do it all. Deboer is a breath of fresh air because his offense is fun, innovative - the kids are going nuts on the sideline! Contrast that with the irascible and cantankerous Chris Petersen. Some might even say the difference is night and day!

Maybe, but doing it all is hard. For all the fun Deboer is, he's also presiding over hands down the worst secondary we've had since Nick Holt was fired. And that's fine if he can Lincoln Riley his way to 10+ wins. Or maybe Penix gets hurt, as is tradition, and Huard is yet another in a string of failed home grown QBs. Who knows, it's fucking September and we've been let down way worse than this in the past (everyone except for fudgie remembers).

Whatever, right now I'll doog it up and pretend I'm 100% certain that our new, just-pudgy-enough Dutch coach is leagues better than the old stick in the mud we used to have.

What I’m trying to reconcile is this:

“DeBoer gets it, he’s fun, breath of fresh air, innovative, Grubbs play calling is masterful, Peterson was a stiff no fun hack, DeBoer even looks like a coach..etc.

“If Penix goes down to injury this week we are screwed and maybe only win 2 or 3 more game”

If quote number 1 is true, quote number 2 shouldn’t be true.
    Why is this hard to understand? The qb’s inherited on the roster are currently not very good. Penix without DeBoer struggled last year and was not good.

Together they seem to have a good thing and as long as it keeps going they are one of a few teams in the conference that can realistically make it to the championship game.
    If it all hinges on 1 players, there are other issues. If quote #1 is true, it shouldn’t all hinge on 1 player. Why is that so hard to understand? There is a 5 star national recruit at QB. If he’s not been developed into a competent backup, that’s a coaching issue.

And for all we know he has been developed and if Penix goes down we are fine. This has more to do with what is being said here than what could be the reality.
    If Dabo loses a pre-happy ending Deshaun Watson does he win the NC? Etc. A lot always rides on one player no matter the coach.

As far as coaching, given the same roster what would Jimmy Lake have done Saturday? He would have lost 35-7.

Deboner and Penix are both really good.
    What 1 player on Oregon will result in 2-4 losses if he gets hurt? Because that's what I'm hearing Penix is worth.

Certainly not Nix
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

A lot of fuckos expect a coach who can do it all. Deboer is a breath of fresh air because his offense is fun, innovative - the kids are going nuts on the sideline! Contrast that with the irascible and cantankerous Chris Petersen. Some might even say the difference is night and day!

Maybe, but doing it all is hard. For all the fun Deboer is, he's also presiding over hands down the worst secondary we've had since Nick Holt was fired. And that's fine if he can Lincoln Riley his way to 10+ wins. Or maybe Penix gets hurt, as is tradition, and Huard is yet another in a string of failed home grown QBs. Who knows, it's fucking September and we've been let down way worse than this in the past (everyone except for fudgie remembers).

Whatever, right now I'll doog it up and pretend I'm 100% certain that our new, just-pudgy-enough Dutch coach is leagues better than the old stick in the mud we used to have.

What I’m trying to reconcile is this:

“DeBoer gets it, he’s fun, breath of fresh air, innovative, Grubbs play calling is masterful, Peterson was a stiff no fun hack, DeBoer even looks like a coach..etc.

“If Penix goes down to injury this week we are screwed and maybe only win 2 or 3 more game”

If quote number 1 is true, quote number 2 shouldn’t be true.
    Why is this hard to understand? The qb’s inherited on the roster are currently not very good. Penix without DeBoer struggled last year and was not good.

Together they seem to have a good thing and as long as it keeps going they are one of a few teams in the conference that can realistically make it to the championship game.
    Dylan Morris is well established as not good. Some might even say terrible. But Huard? Jury's out.

Penix already looks several levels above what he was at Indiana. Meanwhile Haener isn't the same Heisman candidate he was last year. Seems clear that coaching matters and all indicators point to Deboer knowing how to squeeze performances out of his QBs. Seems a little premature to be laying out the excuses for Deboer should Penix go down.
    Jury is not out. Sam fucking sucks if he is sitting behind Dylan. Let be honest.