Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Dusting off the Perot playbook

RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,631 Founders Club
edited July 2022 in Tug Tavern
My opinion is that this hurts the GOP and will be more likely to split their vote than the democrats who march lockstep together never looking left or right and only doing what they are told. It's how Clinton beat Bush 1 and it may be how the democrats keep the White House. A housewife safe alternative to the couple of assholes, Trump and DeSantis - which ever gets the nod

Comments

• WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 15,049 Standard Supporter
    edited July 2022

My opinion is that this hurts the GOP and will be more likely to split their vote than the democrats who march lockstep together never looking left or right and only doing what they are told. It's how Clinton beat Bush 1 and it may be how the democrats keep the White House. A housewife safe alternative to the couple of assholes, Trump and DeSantis - which ever gets the nod

Where is Yang on open borders, the green energy scam, BLM, mask and vaccine mandates, closing schools for the chinese flu, CRT in the military and schools and LBGT∞ groomers? Yang was a medicare for everyone including illegals which really is a nice bipartisan policy.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    It’s well past time for a new party, but it won’t work.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,631 Founders Club

The two parties make the rules for how you get on the ballot. It's hard as Pete might say.

The third party in America is a vote splitter. I agree that our fabled two party system that only exists because the two parties act like its cut in stone is a plague on America

How to get over it is the question

Where is Yang on open borders, the green energy scam, BLM, mask and vaccine mandates, closing schools for the chinese flu, CRT in the military and schools and LBGT∞ groomers? Yang was a medicare for everyone including illegals which really is a nice bipartisan policy.
    Do you think that matters to the housewives? He seems nice. Like high character Joe

Issues? Why do they matter?

• hardhathardhat Member Posts: 8,343

The two parties make the rules for how you get on the ballot. It's hard as Pete might say.

The third party in America is a vote splitter. I agree that our fabled two party system that only exists because the two parties act like its cut in stone is a plague on America

How to get over it is the question

Follow the dem playbook in North Carolina. Keep them off the ballot, and harass anyone who signals any support for them.
  • MelloDawgMelloDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,535 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2022

Sounds like base red meat is on the menu tonight.
    MelloDawg said:

Sounds like you're still retarded with nothing to add to any discussion.
    hardhat said:

MelloDawg said:

Well, I would have added more but I couldn’t hear anything over all those dog whistles.
    MelloDawg said:

hardhat said:

MelloDawg said:

Well, I would have added more but I couldn’t hear anything over all those dog whistles.
    So you're afraid of real discussion, are not aware of those issues, and call anything that gets your snatch itchy red meat. Cool!
  • WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 15,049 Standard Supporter
    MelloDawg said:

Seems like the big policy issues for the mello leftards are playing for the away team. Open borders, expensive dirty unreliable "green" energy, dead black kids, masks and vaccines mandates not supported by science but virtue signaling by those without virtue, blame whitey and what's wrong with groomers?

MelloDawg said:

Seems like the big policy issues for the mello leftards are playing for the away team. Open borders, expensive dirty unreliable "green" energy, dead black kids, masks and vaccines mandates not supported by science but virtue signaling by those without virtue, blame whitey and what's wrong with groomers?
    I’m not sure I’d say that, but if DeSantis is your guy in 2024, I’d suggest he find a better way to phrase those issues than you did above. Also, probably avoid the “masks don’t work” platform.
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,726
    Yang had promise but blew all his clout by supporting insane nonsense. He got off message and killed his momentum. He became Rogan famous and wasted it.
    MelloDawg said:

MelloDawg said:

I’m not sure I’d say that, but if DeSantis is your guy in 2024, I’d suggest he find a better way to phrase those issues than you did above. Also, probably avoid the “masks don’t work” platform.
    When I want your opinion I'll tell you what it is
    MelloDawg said:

MelloDawg said:

This is a discussion about a third party, dipshit. No one mentioned DeSantis, and clearly you're a simpleton that has no idea of what green policy means, and thinks that lockdowns and mandates were just a minor inconvenience.
  • SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,953
    MelloDawg said:

hardhat said:

MelloDawg said:

In what way are any of those statements "dog whistles" you fucking lightweight Kunt?
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,549 Founders Club
    We should be like Europe with 4-10 parties. These two parties are awful. It won't happen. Ross Perot tried it and the uniparty attack began. Admiral Stockdale was a dumb choice too
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,466 Founders Club

Completely disagree. There are so many moderate Dems who feel disenfranchised but don't feel good about voting in MAGA candidates. They will be the ones to gravitate to this new party.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,466 Founders Club

We should be like Europe with 4-10 parties. These two parties are awful. It won't happen. Ross Perot tried it and the uniparty attack began. Admiral Stockdale was a dumb choice too

Technically we do have about ten parties.