Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Dusting off the Perot playbook

2»

Comments

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited July 2022

My opinion is that this hurts the GOP and will be more likely to split their vote than the democrats who march lockstep together never looking left or right and only doing what they are told. It's how Clinton beat Bush 1 and it may be how the democrats keep the White House. A housewife safe alternative to the couple of assholes, Trump and DeSantis - which ever gets the nod

Completely disagree. There are so many moderate Dems who feel disenfranchised but don't feel good about voting in MAGA candidates. They will be the ones to gravitate to this new party.
    This is who it will ideally cater to. Not the nutty libs and the far right. It really caters to the majority of America, but the two party system will still beat it.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309

Yang actually has some ideas and actually tries to execute. I give him credit for that, but I know I’ll hate him sometime soon.

What would inflation had been with UBI?
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,634 Founders Club

My opinion is that this hurts the GOP and will be more likely to split their vote than the democrats who march lockstep together never looking left or right and only doing what they are told. It's how Clinton beat Bush 1 and it may be how the democrats keep the White House. A housewife safe alternative to the couple of assholes, Trump and DeSantis - which ever gets the nod

Completely disagree. There are so many moderate Dems who feel disenfranchised but don't feel good about voting in MAGA candidates. They will be the ones to gravitate to this new party.
    This is who it will ideally cater to. Not the nutty libs and the far right. It really caters to the majority of America, but the two party system will still beat it.
    I disagree with this

Cheap real energy that actually exists and secure borders and putting the American economy first isn't far right

But the housewives that would vote GOP would go to Yang. They went to Biden with his far left policy

Democrats are loyal. GOP needs perfection in a candidate
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,634 Founders Club

I disagree with this

Cheap real energy that actually exists and secure borders and putting the American economy first isn't far right

But the housewives that would vote GOP would go to Yang. They went to Biden with his far left policy

I don’t think those things are far right.
    Because you're intelligent

The narrative calls it ultra MAGA

I could be wrong because on Twitter the left is mad at Yang. Maybe he will take democrat votes

Or be gone before it matters
  • hardhathardhat Member Posts: 8,343

I disagree with this

@MelloDawg thinks they're dog whistles. lol
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,427 Swaye's Wigwam

I disagree with this

Because you're intelligent

The narrative calls it ultra MAGA

I could be wrong because on Twitter the left is mad at Yang. Maybe he will take democrat votes

Or be gone before it matters
    California "moderates" vote for Yang. Hth.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,467 Founders Club
    Unless there's massive cheating, MAGA will pull a great deal of moderates and will win

Yang seems like a nice guy but if you scrutinize his ideas he's actually pretty far left
  • SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,282 Founders Club

Unless there's massive cheating, MAGA will pull a great deal of moderates and will win

Yang seems like a nice guy but if you scrutinize his ideas he's actually pretty far left

Far left and incredibly naïve. UBI is central to his “philosophy”. A predictable disaster. COVID was just used as an excuse to do a trial run on this. Give people other peoples money and suspend evictions for not paying rent. The result has been the disastrous creation of lay abouts not interested in working, a destruction among many of the desire for self reliance. There is not much mainstream about Yang. He would be an unmitigated disaster, and in my opinion more likely to draw from the left than from the center and right. Everyone is being negatively affected by the policies he supports, which has more people questioning their prior falling to the cult of personality and failing to pay attention to what candidates actually do. The left march in lockstep to the beat of his drum. Everyone else, not so much. I could be wrong but in my view Biden and the democrat party have provided an even more teachable moment than Jimmy Carter did. Competence and classical western liberal philosophy (currently described by most as conservative) matter.
  • 46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    edited July 2022
    Come watch @MelloDouche struggle.

Unfortunately there will never be a viable 3rd party. Americans are too entrenched at this point. The Uniparty approves.