Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Like it or not

CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,384 Swaye's Wigwam
The culture and fans around the program got a bad coach fired after 1 year. Took SC 5 years. Getting a new AD is attainable. Might be too late for realignment this summer but the BIG could be taking more teams next year or the year after.

Comments

• BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,204
    I thought it was the academis smack talk that actually got him in trouble.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,552 Swaye's Wigwam
    If Lake wasn't the worst coach in the history of the school he gets a slap on the wrist for the sideline thing at worst, and he gets cheered for calling out Oregon's pathetic academics.
  • AEBAEB Member Posts: 2,971
    I don’t think UCLA or USC want UW/UO in the B1G. We’re* OUT
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,711 Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

If Lake wasn't the worst coach in the history of the school he gets a slap on the wrist for the sideline thing at worst, and he gets cheered for calling out Oregon's pathetic academics.

It took the Fuavai sideline incident to spark enough pressure for Jen to relent on her support of Lake.
    I thought it was pretty fucking soft to act like what Lake did was unforgivable. Losing to Montana and putting no effort at all into recruiting is unforgivable. The Fuvai incident wasn’t appropriate and Lake overreacted but it wasn’t the worst thing I’ve ever seen. I’m glad it got him out tho.
    Lake attacking Ruperake as a lone incident was not unforgivable but it got picked up by the media and was the top headline for ESPN the following Sunday. Then the other news stories leaked about Lake blowing up and attacking WRs and others. It wasn't until those stories were out in the public did Jen relent her support for Lake.

Also, the most unforgivable part of Lake was Donovan.
  • EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,149

haie said:

It took the Fuavai sideline incident to spark enough pressure for Jen to relent on her support of Lake.
    I thought it was pretty fucking soft to act like what Lake did was unforgivable. Losing to Montana and putting no effort at all into recruiting is unforgivable. The Fuvai incident wasn’t appropriate and Lake overreacted but it wasn’t the worst thing I’ve ever seen. I’m glad it got him out tho.
    Lake attacking Ruperake as a lone incident was not unforgivable but it got picked up by the media and was the top headline for ESPN the following Sunday. Then the other news stories leaked about Lake blowing up and attacking WRs and others. It wasn't until those stories were out in the public did Jen relent her support for Lake.

Also, the most unforgivable part of Lake was Lake.
    Fixed
  • Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,391

haie said:

For me it is all context...the case was being made that Jimmy wasn't up to the job, to the point that people really were paying attention to everything...He was at the tipping point, and Ruperake sealed it. A couple "transgressions" isn't going to bury someone, but Jimmy had more than a couple, real and anticipated, with no up-tick in sight...
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,486 Founders Club

haie said:

That’s not what he’s saying though… if Lake were undefeated and beat Oregon by 50 that day we would have looked the other way
    Probably so
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,486 Founders Club

haie said:

That's exactly my point
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,641 Founders Club
    Nick Saban screaming at Lane Kiffin would go viral. Also at players

That's Nick. Win and you can run down the street naked. Iron law

Saban has cooled it a bit
  • JoeyJoey Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,572 Founders Club
    edited July 2022

haie said:

It’s the male Karen’s of the world that got triggered based on the fear of cancel culture but I 100% am glad they used it to get him out. I’ve experienced worse on a personal level during football and I didn’t care.
  • CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,384 Swaye's Wigwam
    Lake did a bad job and needed a very small incident to get him canned. Jen is doing a bad job and a large incident like losing out on tens of millions of dollars every year for the university may be enough for the public outcry to reach the needed ears
  • QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,292 Swaye's Wigwam
    Canadawg said:

Lake did a bad job and needed a very small incident to get him canned. Jen is doing a bad job and a large incident like losing out on tens of millions of dollars every year for the university may be enough for the public outcry to reach the needed ears

Nah. Somebody needs to catfish her for a muff pic. Who’s up for it?🤷‍♂️
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited July 2022

haie said:

That's exactly my point
    I wasn’t arguing or disagreeing with you. Just was giving my $.02 on the incident.