Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Like it or not

Comments

• UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,436 Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

If Lake wasn't the worst coach in the history of the school he gets a slap on the wrist for the sideline thing at worst, and he gets cheered for calling out Oregon's pathetic academics.

It took the Fuavai sideline incident to spark enough pressure for Jen to relent on her support of Lake.
    I thought it was pretty fucking soft to act like what Lake did was unforgivable. Losing to Montana and putting no effort at all into recruiting is unforgivable. The Fuvai incident wasn’t appropriate and Lake overreacted but it wasn’t the worst thing I’ve ever seen. I’m glad it got him out tho.

haie said:

If Lake wasn't the worst coach in the history of the school he gets a slap on the wrist for the sideline thing at worst, and he gets cheered for calling out Oregon's pathetic academics.

It took the Fuavai sideline incident to spark enough pressure for Jen to relent on her support of Lake.
    I thought it was pretty fucking soft to act like what Lake did was unforgivable. Losing to Montana and putting no effort at all into recruiting is unforgivable. The Fuvai incident wasn’t appropriate and Lake overreacted but it wasn’t the worst thing I’ve ever seen. I’m glad it got him out tho.
    Pretty sure we all knew it was bullshit but also knew it was the excuse needed to jettison Lake.

This site figured that out and its attenuated twitters space helped push the incident as "unforgivable".

Sorry not sorry winners win.

Not saying we got lake fired don't twist.
  • dtddtd Member Posts: 4,526 Standard Supporter
    laughing out loud at thinking UW's culture of losing fired a loser.
  • CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,384 Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

haie said:

Pretty sure we all knew it was bullshit but also knew it was the excuse needed to jettison Lake.

This site figured that out and its attenuated twitters space helped push the incident as "unforgivable".

This was basically my point. Everyone at every level knows the Ruperake incident was just a cover which should remind us that there are still performance standards around UW and can apply to Jen as well.
  • MelloDawgMelloDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,544 Swaye's Wigwam
    Canadawg said:

haie said:

haie said:

This was basically my point. Everyone at every level knows the Ruperake incident was just a cover which should remind us that there are still performance standards around UW and can apply to Jen as well.
    So then who will be Cohen’s Ruperake Fuavai that she will be caught striking with an open-hand slap?
  • Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,720
    Canadawg said:

haie said:

haie said:

It's like banking in a 3-point shot on accident.

Accept the providence and don't overanalyze.
    Well do you think Lake would still be HC today if the slap hadn't happened? I think he would have been fired regardless
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781

haie said:

It's crazy. He walked in to an incredibly favorable position. There wasn't a rebuild necessary, he only had a couple staff changes that were obvious, the recruiting base was built, and he/himself was considered to be a top-flight recruiter and talent developer.

I honestly don't know how someone could possibly have done a worse job than Lake did as a college football coach.
    Black coaches always get put in the shittiest positions to succeed.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,552 Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

It's crazy. He walked in to an incredibly favorable position. There wasn't a rebuild necessary, he only had a couple staff changes that were obvious, the recruiting base was built, and he/himself was considered to be a top-flight recruiter and talent developer.

I honestly don't know how someone could possibly have done a worse job than Lake did as a college football coach.
    Black coaches always get put in the shittiest positions to succeed.
    Covid season is going to get Jimmy a decent job in the NFL.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,993
    edited July 2022

All you need to know about the Lake incident…

My wife noticed and was bothered by it… I didn’t and continued to pound beers

I didn’t notice either.

Wasn’t there an incident where critobol went ballistic on a black kid and it was made into a racial thing?

People who haven’t at least played varsity high school football should seriously shut the fuck up if they are offended by this stuff. Go watch the Junction Boys and then pop off. This stuff is what makes football a great sport and essential for young boys and men to be a part of.

If you’re not ready to play, someone is going to fuck you up, bigly.

Canadawg said:

Well do you think Lake would still be HC today if the slap hadn't happened? I think he would have been fired regardless

He absolutely would still be head coach. Jen wanted to keep him. Fortunately he opened his mouth on Oregon academics around the same time. Embarrassing upper campus was a no no.He could have made it thru just that but combined with St Rupert's sacrifice and Lakes ego not taking responsibility it was the combination of those that got Lake tossed. Jen wanted to keep him.
    I impolitely disagree. Everyone is saying the shove wasn't a big deal and happens all the time so why would that be the reason he was fired if not just an excuse?
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,860
    haie said:

I didn’t notice either.

Wasn’t there an incident where critobol went ballistic on a black kid and it was made into a racial thing?

People who haven’t at least played varsity high school football should seriously shut the fuck up if they are offended by this stuff. Go watch the Junction Boys and then pop off. This stuff is what makes football a great sport and essential for young boys and men to be a part of.

On my high school team a key player decided to skip summer camp and fall practices and everything to smoke weed and bang chicks. Skipped the Seahawk Stadium game against Mead. He realized he was dumb and came back after that. He wasn't some shit either, he pancaked an OL with a full ride scholarship to Oregon in the Heritage game.

Every practice up until like halfway through the year, the coaches made him bear crawl and drag tires around the track while we were just going through walk throughs. Puking his guts out in humiliation.

He never bitched about it single time. Then again our hc was from Texas and scared the shit out of everyone.
    I got busted as a sophomore at varsity camp for supposedly stealing the free t shirts. Had to go through hell as discipline. Turned out they never even thought I did. They just wanted to see what seniors were too pussy to even stand up to it.

I got a shitload of free booze that season after they finally confronted it. Got laid a ton. Worth it.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,500 Founders Club
    edited July 2022
    Canadawg said:

haie said:

haie said:

But our standards are so compromised that our AD can't just fire somebody because it's obvious its not working. Or that we have fallen so low as to install an AD (without doing a search) that saw Lake as salvageable as late as mid October 2021.

Oh how I yearn for the days of "That was then, this is now."
  • DucksFCDucksFC Member Posts: 1,279

I didn’t notice either.

His face triggers me
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,043 Standard Supporter
    DucksFC said:

I didn’t notice either.

His face triggers me
    It’s so odd he is still under contract. He isn’t particularly good at his job. Not a big name, not enjoyable to listen to nor does he break down the X’s and O’s Much on the broadcast.

I am guessing pac 12 after dark is not a highly coveted position. Nothing else makes sense.

Canadawg said:

haie said:

haie said:

But our standards are so compromised that our AD can't just fire somebody because it's obvious its not working. Or that we have fallen so low as to install an AD (without doing a search) that saw Lake as salvageable as late as mid October 2021.

Oh how I yearn for the days of "That was then, this is now."
    Pretty tough to fire someone 9 games into their job. Point is he sucked and got fired and if he hadn't sucked he wouldn't have been fired.
  • 46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967

I didn’t notice either.

Rod was right it's absolutely killing the U on the recruiting trail this year.

Top-10 class right now. 14 recruits. Two white guys.