Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Breaking news - R v. W sells couch

Comments

• Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited June 2022

Male birth control would solve our problems

I've been in male birth control for 29 years.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,134
    Swaye's Wigwam

Genuine or not I find @creepycoug arguments and logic interesting. If you can't beat him at this game then your arguments are shitty regardless of if he personally feels that way or not.

I won
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,572
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    edited June 2022

Should be my right to choose imo

To chose what?
    If she needs to flush that thing out

Oh. I thought you meant the baby had a right to choose if it lived. My bad.
    You were wrong. I care about not getting jammed up with child support

Eh the hysteria is overrated. Most likely it will end with states codifying time limits.

As it should have been for awhile
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,631
    edited June 2022

Bob_C said:

We lost our democracy today when an unelected court suggested they don’t have the power to legislate and that elected officials should determine the law. Sad day really.

“We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal; that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights; that among these are Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness.”

HTH
    I think @Bob_C was being SarKastic.
    I still cannot understand how people applaud handing this over to the states, which will leave us? with a patch-work of laws that will run the spectrum. [So?]

There's a reason that no state, not even Mississippi, can legalize slavery. [Constitutional amendment #13 bars slavery in the US]. Same applies here. [It doesn't]

But, but, but social strife is irrelevant.
    “We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal; that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights; that among these are Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness.”

Good enough for me. If the constitution needs an amendment to clarify that it protects the lives of the innocent, then it's a piece of paper not worth wiping my ass with.

What you're really saying is that, if the states want to legalize the taking of innocent life, then they can until we amend the Constitution.

Is that where you sit on this issue?

Shame on you.
    The kids alive at conception. Applies and I agree they should have banned abortion.

Don't want kids? Don't get knocked up.
  • Options
    Sledog said:

Bob_C said:

We lost our democracy today when an unelected court suggested they don’t have the power to legislate and that elected officials should determine the law. Sad day really.

HTH
    I think @Bob_C was being SarKastic.
    I still cannot understand how people applaud handing this over to the states, which will leave us? with a patch-work of laws that will run the spectrum. [So?]

There's a reason that no state, not even Mississippi, can legalize slavery. [Constitutional amendment #13 bars slavery in the US]. Same applies here. [It doesn't]

But, but, but social strife is irrelevant.

Good enough for me. If the constitution needs an amendment to clarify that it protects the lives of the innocent, then it's a piece of paper not worth wiping my ass with.

What you're really saying is that, if the states want to legalize the taking of innocent life, then they can until we amend the Constitution.

Is that where you sit on this issue?

Shame on you.
    The kids alive at conception. Applies and I agree they should have banned abortion.
    Meh. Forced abortions under certain income is my policy. Yes I am a facist. I don't care.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

To chose what?

Eh the hysteria is overrated. Most likely it will end with states codifying time limits.

Killing people you created so you don't have to support them. How progressive!
  • Options
    edited June 2022

To chose what?

I'm not progressive at all

What exactly gave you that idea. I've been on here for like 8 years lol
  • Options
    edited June 2022

To chose what?

Disagree. Killing inconvenient people is very progressive.
    I'm fascist.

I believe I'm correct and most people are wrong.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

To chose what?

I'm fascist.

Tomato Tamahto
  • Options

To chose what?

I'm fascist.

Tomato Tamahto
    I believe kids under an income threshold that don't do well in school enough to deserve scholarships should go into specifically tailored military schools.

That'd solve a big problem.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

To chose what?

I'm fascist.

Tomato Tamahto
    I believe kids under an income threshold that don't do well in school enough to deserve scholarships should go into specifically tailored military schools.

Like I said. Tomato Tomahto.

How you seen how beautiful the train stations are in Moscow?
  • Options

To chose what?

I'm fascist.

Tomato Tamahto
    I believe kids under an income threshold tht don't do well in school enough to deserve scholarships should go into specifically tailored military schools.

They are quite nice. Your point?
  • Options
    SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,801
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

pawz said:

PM to Creep

I missed the qualifier 'innocent' in the preamble.

Therefore,

The end of capital punishment.

The end of any/all war.

Moreover, that you have no regard for the life of the birthing person runs a foul your seeming altruistic position for life. Would really like to know how you make that round circle square. TIA.

Quite the quandary you've found for yourself.

"Unfortunate necessity" was always the correct answer

No quandary at all Pawz.

Firstly, if the reference to "life" in the preamble doesn't apply to innocent life, then to what kind of life would it apply? If you want to make the argument that it doesn't apply to non-innocent lives, then have at it. It's beyond the scope of necessity to substantiate my view; the fetus is unambiguously innocent. Even the one that threatens the mother's life. Get ye to Savery Hall stat.

Capital Punishment, war, etc. ... there are many people who view those killings as morally objectionable. Ask Damone how he feels about capital punishment and the state's power to take life, even in the most severe of criminal circumstances. And we would surely agree, even though Race would not, that if we somehow knew that a defendant were innocent, the taking of its life by the state would be an abhorrent affront to moral decency.
    War is more complicated, but at least at the individual soldier level there is some aspect of a self-defense claim. But, again, a lot of people view war killing as killing. YMMV.

The charge that I have no regard for the life of the birthing person is a non-sequitur. I have sufficient regard for that person. But let's consider an analogy: let's say we could save your life by taking mine. Does it follow, then, that you or your loved ones, or the state, are justified in taking my life in the name of saving yours? No. That argument is a loser and gets blown up in 5 seconds in any intro to moral philosophy class ... even one at Oregon.

And, of course, none of that compromises my argument in the least. The fetus is not an armed enemy soldier, nor is it on trial for a capital crime. Moreover, the fetus did not place itself in the position to threaten the mother's life; the mother did. It's as innocent as any life form can be.

Not trying to argue, but genuinely curious why you assume that the Constitution applies to the unborn.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

To chose what?

I'm fascist.

Tomato Tamahto
    I believe kids under an income threshold tht don't do well in school enough to deserve scholarships should go into specifically tailored military schools.

They are quite nice. Your point?
    That's my point.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,740
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Sources said:

pawz said:

PM to Creep

Therefore,

The end of any/all war.

Moreover, that you have no regard for the life of the birthing person runs a foul your seeming altruistic position for life. Would really like to know how you make that round circle square. TIA.

No quandary at all Pawz.

Firstly, if the reference to "life" in the preamble doesn't apply to innocent life, then to what kind of life would it apply? If you want to make the argument that it doesn't apply to non-innocent lives, then have at it. It's beyond the scope of necessity to substantiate my view; the fetus is unambiguously innocent. Even the one that threatens the mother's life. Get ye to Savery Hall stat.

Capital Punishment, war, etc. ... there are many people who view those killings as morally objectionable. Ask Damone how he feels about capital punishment and the state's power to take life, even in the most severe of criminal circumstances. And we would surely agree, even though Race would not, that if we somehow knew that a defendant were innocent, the taking of its life by the state would be an abhorrent affront to moral decency.
    War is more complicated, but at least at the individual soldier level there is some aspect of a self-defense claim. But, again, a lot of people view war killing as killing. YMMV.

The charge that I have no regard for the life of the birthing person is a non-sequitur. I have sufficient regard for that person. But let's consider an analogy: let's say we could save your life by taking mine. Does it follow, then, that you or your loved ones, or the state, are justified in taking my life in the name of saving yours? No. That argument is a loser and gets blown up in 5 seconds in any intro to moral philosophy class ... even one at Oregon.

And, of course, none of that compromises my argument in the least. The fetus is not an armed enemy soldier, nor is it on trial for a capital crime. Moreover, the fetus did not place itself in the position to threaten the mother's life; the mother did. It's as innocent as any life form can be.

Not trying to argue, but genuinely curious why you assume that the Constitution applies to the unborn.
    Because they are the moral equivalent of you and me. Talk me out of it.
  • Options
    SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,801
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Sources said:

pawz said:

PM to Creep

Therefore,

The end of any/all war.

No quandary at all Pawz.

Notwithstanding that moral equivalency is subject to debate, I'm moreso wondering if there is any authority (or other text) suggesting that the Constitution was intended to apply to any unborn.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,631
    Sources said:

Sources said:

pawz said:

PM to Creep

Therefore,

The end of any/all war.

No quandary at all Pawz.

Notwithstanding that moral equivalency is subject to debate, I'm moreso wondering if there is any authority (or other text) suggesting that the Constitution was intended to apply to any unborn.
    The founders were Christians.
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,743
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Sledog said:

Sources said:

Sources said:

pawz said:

PM to Creep

Therefore,

The end of any/all war.

No quandary at all Pawz.

The founders were Christians.
    But were they?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jefferson_Bible

• Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,743
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Sources said:

Sources said:

pawz said:

PM to Creep

Therefore,

The end of any/all war.

No quandary at all Pawz.